Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Do Oculus ship from the EU, you could have the same issues as amazon buying from there if it's coming from the UK. I would go with Argos to be safe tbh.

Also, unrelated but are the issues with the faulty elite straps considered to be resolved now does anyone know?

good shout for argos, reserved to collect between the 6th and 8th so hopefully its in stock :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Do Oculus ship from the EU, you could have the same issues as amazon buying from there if it's coming from the UK. I would go with Argos to be safe tbh.

Also, unrelated but are the issues with the faulty elite straps considered to be resolved now does anyone know?

As far as I remember, my Q1 shipped from Belgium.
    The elite is considered resolved and also comes with an extended 2 year warranty

kerplun k wrote: »
    As far as I remember, my Q1 shipped from Belgium.
    The elite is considered resolved and also comes with an extended 2 year warranty

any ideas on where to buy the elite strap? cant find it at all, ive seen some 3rd party ones on amazon that look decent as well

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭littlecopilot

Has anyone had issues with tracking since they got the OQ2? The last week has been driving me crazy. My left controller keeps losing tracking and my virtual left hand becomes stuck on screen. I can still grab etc but my left hand can be feet away from me

I've done the usual, cleaned lenses, replaced batteries, happens on all games so I did a factory reset also. Still the same. I got in Argos start of December. Would it be worth getting replaced maybe?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,185 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Has anyone had issues with tracking since they got the OQ2? The last week has been driving me crazy. My left controller keeps losing tracking and my virtual left hand becomes stuck on screen. I can still grab etc but my left hand can be feet away from me

I've done the usual, cleaned lenses, replaced batteries, happens on all games so I did a factory reset also. Still the same. I got in Argos start of December. Would it be worth getting replaced maybe?

If you replaced batteries that definitely sounds like a faulty controller to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭littlecopilot

If you replaced batteries that definitely sounds like a faulty controller to me.

I wonder will Argos replace with no quibbles or do I have to get onto Oculus support. I've been reading posts on Reddit where alot of people have same issues. They've been run around in circles by support and just went back to shop they purchased for replacement

any ideas on where to buy the elite strap? cant find it at all, ive seen some 3rd party ones on amazon that look decent as well

https://www.oculus.com/accessories/quest-2-elite-strap/

Delivers early as 11th of Feb

Just reading the new update is gonna allow you to side load wirelessly.

how is virtual desktop for wireless gaming now? most games compatible? Can you adjust the resolution etc? I have an old i7 6700k overclocked and a gtx1080ti so hopefully will push it decently enough

• Registered Users Posts: 13,656 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Just reading the new update is gonna allow you to side load wirelessly.

Gotta link?

• Advertisement

Wow, you can actually search the sideload games via the oculus app on your phone and queue the downloads.

Wow, you can actually search the sideload games via the oculus app on your phone and queue the downloads.

will still need to connect to the PC to upload files for Doom3 / Quake / Return to Castle Wolfenstein / Half Life etc

But yeah, it's great for the stand-alone Quest apps

mrcheez wrote: »
    will still need to connect to the PC to upload files for Doom3 / Quake / Return to Castle Wolfenstein / Half Life etc

But yeah, it's great for the stand-alone Quest apps

Was reading some of the T&Cs. Apart from p0rn games, I think the likes of doom and rtcw should be okay.for appLab

Was reading some of the T&Cs. Apart from p0rn games, I think the likes of doom and rtcw should be okay.for appLab

you still need to get the Doom3 files onto the headset though, so there would still be some PC connectivity involved... should just be drag and drop though.

Probably wouldn't need a developer account for all of this?

you still need to get the Doom3 files onto the headset though, so there would still be some PC connectivity involved... should just be drag and drop though.

Probably wouldn't need a developer account for all of this?

I’m not sure tbh, I haven’t actually done any side loading yet, but just assumed developers could make a Doom image available on AppLab, thus removing the need to copy any files over from PC.

I’m not sure tbh, I haven’t actually done any side loading yet, but just assumed developers could make a Doom image available on AppLab, thus removing the need to copy any files over from PC.

Nah they can't host the files due to copyright, gotta purchase a copy off Steam or other sites.

You gotta try sideloading, it's the best thing about the Quest.

Nah they can't host the files due to copyright, gotta purchase a copy off Steam or other sites.

You gotta try sideloading, it's the best thing about the Quest.

what exactly is sideloading btw?

it’s basically installing software on your quest outside the official oculus store.

it’s basically installing software on your quest outside the official oculus store.

yup, just installing software from here: https://sidequestvr.com/

Lots of quality content and most are free (though obviously the aforementioned ones need you to own a copy of the Steam game to play in VR, like Half Life or Doom 3)

Might be better to try installing via the AppLab though if you can as Sidequest requires that you register as a Developer.

• Advertisement

Anyone know where to buy a quest 2 at the moment? Oculus site won't go past the "continue to payment" button. I have one ordered on amazon.co.uk since Monday, its in stock but still hasn't been dispatched. I'm guessing they can't be arsed with the brexit paper work and will leave it waiting to be dispatched until I cancel my order.

What are my options, within the EU if possible?

argos is what I'm after using, apparently I can pick it up between saturday and monday even though when i rang today it still hadn't been dispatched to the store yet

argos is what I'm after using, apparently I can pick it up between saturday and monday even though when i rang today it still hadn't been dispatched to the store yet
    Ha nice one. It was out of stock when I last checked. I've just ordered off amazon.fr guess I can cancel that now and rock on into argos.

Cheers!

Ha nice one. It was out of stock when I last checked. I've just ordered off amazon.fr guess I can cancel that now and rock on into argos.

Cheers!

Honestly don't really understand the argos system and how it works, i have a reservation day finishing Monday so id assume they have to have the product in stock before then.

Got my quest 2 today, love it :) finding the stock head strap a bit **** though, finding it a bit tougher to get the ipd adjusted to the sweet spot as well, added the glasses spacer which has made it better.

Virtual desktop works fantastic as well.

Got my quest 2 today, love it :) finding the stock head strap a bit **** though, finding it a bit tougher to get the ipd adjusted to the sweet spot as well, added the glasses spacer which has made it better.

Virtual desktop works fantastic as well.

I find the best tool to identify the right IPD is to install this app via Sidequest

https://sidequestvr.com/app/303/quest-ipd

I find the best tool to identify the right IPD is to install this app via Sidequest

https://sidequestvr.com/app/303/quest-ipd

I actually did install it but couldn't really figure out how to use it to judge? Just adjust the lenses and up and down until the cross is clear? I find the biggest issue to maintaining the clear image after adjusting it is that the headstrap let's the headset slip down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Doge

I actually did install it but couldn't really figure out how to use it to judge? Just adjust the lenses and up and down until the cross is clear? I find the biggest issue to maintaining the clear image after adjusting it is that the headstrap let's the headset slip down.

You might need to undo the velcro bit of the strap and tighten that part.

Doge wrote: »
    You might need to undo the velcro bit of the strap and tighten that part.

How tight should it be? I'm gonna buy the elite strap or the vive deluxe audio either way which should hopefully up the comfort. I will say adding the glasses spacer (I don't use glasses) has really made the image less blurry and more inline with how clear my cv1 looked, just with a much nicer resolution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Doge

How tight should it be? I'm gonna buy the elite strap or the vive deluxe audio either way which should hopefully up the comfort. I will say adding the glasses spacer (I don't use glasses) has really made the image less blurry and more inline with how clear my cv1 looked, just with a much nicer resolution.

It's really down to your preference and headshape.

If you ever tried the PSVR and found its halo design comfortable then I'd recommend buying this for the Quest 2:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mL6UO2j

Advertisement