Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Wiggedmite

druss wrote: »
    They have not. And mine arrived a lot later than yours. Late evening.

Any word from AddressPal on your order? I followed up with them and they've requested evidence of the item and correct address being used... Not a good sign

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,192 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mine has arrived, looking forward to giving it a look when I get home later.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

mrcheez wrote: »
    Let us know how the Elite strap compares to the original when you get a chance, cheers!

Is it the battery one, or normal?

I haven't given it a long go but it's better than the original quest, but not close to Rift S comfort. It's still heavy and there is pressure on the face. Actually I don't like the foam on the headset, it's quite unpleasant.

Really need to give it a longer go to see how it compares. With the original Quest I couldn't stand it for more than 30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Wiggedmite wrote: »
    Any word from AddressPal on your order? I followed up with them and they've requested evidence of the item and correct address being used... Not a good sign

Nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

Impressed by the screen though, screen door is now barely noticeable at all. Seems like viewing media on it may now be quite a nice experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Wiggedmite

druss wrote: »
    Nothing yet.

Ah OK, I'd be in a worse position if yours was forwarded already. Assuming they're snowed under then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Got to try it out for a few mins, blown away by it so far. My previous experience was at a local VR place and I'm impressed how this stands up as a self contained unit. I think a better strap and replacement face mask will be necessary down the line. Small bit of discomfort with how it sits on my head, but nothing too bad.

Can't wait to try out the walking dead this evening. Have it all loaded and ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke wrote: »
    Anyone else not get their Amazon order dispatched yet? I've a Prime Account as well.

Just finished with the Amazon bot. My one is still in the "Shipping" phase and isn't due till Monday.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,192 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Have one of these ordered in Argos. I’m wondering would I regret it though. I love the stand alone idea, but what I really want is a good jump in quality over my psvr for when I get a gaming pc (hopefully early new year). Would I be better wanting for the G2?

I bought mine with the intention for mostly using it with PC. It seems more convenient than the dedicated headsets to me and performs well with link/virtual desktop going by the stuff I've been watching on youtube. For the price of the 64GB it seemed like a no brainer over the rift s/g2 to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Thanks but tried it already. Doesnt work unfortunately with or without the yodel usual starting digits.

Oculus look to have a chat support as i went to the ticket section and there was a chat pop up. Just hope its quick as it says im in position 25!

Did you get a response? I'm in the same boat and just contacted support-chat, their response was pretty underwhelming, basically they'll escalate and get back to me....in 3 or 4 days :rolleyes: .
    But they did confirm it has actually shipped sooooo fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Mine is still charging... taking ages :)

Managed to set it up with my fake FB account, so thank Christ for that.

I set up a new account as I don't want to risk bricking my real Oculus account so I'll just need to rebuy Virtual Desktop again as my main use will be for PCVR.

Tried it on and I seem to be ok at IPD setting 2. Initial impression is that it looks as clear as the Oculus Go (so that's a testament to how good the Go is!), but clearer than Quest.

Still updating... will try it proper this eve

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I think the yanks that are being hit by the bans due to the US election. They really screwed up imo with those bans.

I created an account with my previously deleted facebook account and I had 3 friend requests waiting. So uploaded a picture and accepted one of the friend requests and my account hasn't been banned. The bans seem to happen in the first 10 minutes or so from reports. So looks like I am good to go with it.

I can see a lot of people returning the device due to all these bans. Surprised no gaming media has picked up on it yet.

Could well be just the US as you say

I got mine delivered just now. Just the quest 2, which make sense as they haven't charged me for the elite strap yet and carry case yet. Will have to suffer with the default one for a few days. Might contact support to see what the hold up is for that.

Looking into getting the VR cover, whenever that releases. I got it for the Quest 1 and its a lot more comfortable to wear it and easier to clean as well.

Will wait until tomorrow before using it, want to make sure my facebook account is ok, but its probably fine as everyone who got banned was banned in the first few minutes and were using fake accounts.

wes wrote: »
    everyone who got banned was banned in the first few minutes and were using fake accounts.

Not necessarily, I've seen a few reports of legitimate accounts being banned as well, both old and new accounts

Like this one

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/jappkv/facebook_account_banned_within_10_minutes/

But it does appear to be mainly US

mrcheez wrote: »
    Not necessarily, I've seen a few reports of legitimate accounts being banned as well, both old and new accounts

Like this one

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/jappkv/facebook_account_banned_within_10_minutes/

But it does appear to be mainly US

If they are banning legit accounts, then that is a big screw up. Honestly, the really messed this up imo.

wes wrote: »
    If they are banning legit accounts, then that is a big screw up. Honestly, the really messed this up imo.

Seems to be when people had old accounts too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭bullpost

got mine today from amazon. Dont have prime and took free delivery. Charger is not irish ,but have another one from a phone that works. Set it up and charging now.

bullpost wrote: »
    got mine today from amazon. Dont have prime and took free delivery. Charger is not irish ,but have another one from a phone that works. Set it up and charging now.

Which amazon you order from? Mine has a normal three pin plug.

I have mine charging there now, was impressed enough by the set up menu so looking forward to seeing what an actual game is like :pac:

Found it annoying trying to get it set right though, couldn't tell the difference between the eye spacing and my glasses feel like a tight squeeze. Will definitely be picking up an elite strap I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭bullpost

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Which amazon you order from? Mine has a normal three pin plug.

I have mine charging there now, was impressed enough by the set up menu so looking forward to seeing what an actual game is like :pac:

Found it annoying trying to get it set right though, couldn't tell the difference between the eye spacing and my glasses feel like a tight squeeze. Will definitely be picking up an elite strap I reckon.

From UK so was surprised. I set it up without glasses even though I wear them. Was ok but will go back and set it up for glasses later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Facebook issue has me worried now. My Oculus does not arrive until next week but I wanted to have a FB account ready to go. I created a new account and hit the sign up button. I immediately got a response stating that the account has been disabled and I have 30 days to request a review.

Is it hit and miss? My legit FB account could be disabled if thats the case. Any suggestions?

What is the issue with linking your legit account to Oculus? Other will see your Quest activity? Can you totally separate any activity from FB and Oculus.

What is the issue with linking your legit account to Oculus? Other will see your Quest activity? Can you totally separate any activity from FB and Oculus.

When I signed up using the Facebook login it had options to hide my "real" Facebook name from others and to use a made up name.

It also had options to hide your Oculus (read pr0n) activity from anyone apart from you, so if you have a FB account already then I'd say all your VR activity will be kept private.

Of course, they're going to harvest all your data for themselves, but your FB friends shouldn't be aware of any of your VR activity.

The reason I used a fake account is that I got out of the whole Facebook thing 10 years ago, so I'm not interested in having my name searchable again on it, but if you already have an account then I'd say you're fine.

Facebook issue has me worried now. My Oculus does not arrive until next week but I wanted to have a FB account ready to go. I created a new account and hit the sign up button. I immediately got a response stating that the account has been disabled and I have 30 days to request a review.

Is it hit and miss? My legit FB account could be disabled if thats the case. Any suggestions?

There's no issue other than people not liking Facebook far as I can tell (for perfectly legitimate reasons). If you already have a Facebook account just use that, you can change your privacy settings handy enough in the occulus app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Ah, I still have my quest 1 and just 'willingly' linked it to my personal one, just set all visibility to 'only me'.

Here's freshly taken screenshots of the privacy settings screen.

https://imgur.com/a/03WzkwQ

There really isn't any crossover that I can see. You can tweak the privacy settings to not share anything. I feel it's no difference considering I've a rarely used facebook account (but legit all the same) and instagram and whatsapp.

Not sure what the craic is with disabling new accounts though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Ok sounds good. I'll use my legit account when it arrives.

bullpost wrote: »
    From UK so was surprised. I set it up without glasses even though I wear them. Was ok but will go back and set it up for glasses later.

I'd get onto them about that mate. At worst they'll probably refund you a few quid.

I messed around with First Steps and the demo of beat sabre as well as a a few of the nature vids.

Very impressed, this was my first ever time experiencing VR so first steps in particular felt crazy, it really felt like that robot was standing on front of me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

My Elite Strap arrived today direct from Oculus. AddressPal sent me notification package was received yesterday - hopefully arriving tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

sticker wrote: »
    My Elite Strap arrived today direct from Oculus. AddressPal sent me notification package was received yesterday - hopefully arriving tomorrow!

I still have nothing from AddressPal. I can see my poor Quest parcel, buried beneath a mound of FireTV sticks from the Amazon Prime sale. :(

• Advertisement

When did it arrive at AddressPal? Because usually for me it requires two full working days between the day it arrives and the day it's available for collection e.g it arrives on a Monday it's available for collection on Thursday.

Advertisement