Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

What's the best affordable link cable?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-PowerLine-Pull-up-Resistor-Devices-Black/dp/B01MZIPYPY/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=anker+usb+c+oculus+link&qid=1602600333&sr=8-3

I've this, 10ft and works well with Link! Saw it recommended on VR Oasis on Youtube back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

What's the best affordable link cable?

I got this one.

(Beaten to the punch by Shlippery!)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,694 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Advantage of those is that it plugs into a regular USB 3 port.

The official Oculus one requires a Type C port... pure luck my gaming laptop had one.. I didn't even know it existed, I thought it was a Kensington Lock ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Anyone else order from Oculus and get a ups tracking link with a tracking number that is not valid? No live support either to find out what correct tracking number is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Ended up cancelling my order. I’m keeping the Q1 for now. Will be about 3 months, before I’ll get some free time to play. Until then I’m looking forward to hearing everyone’s experience with it. It’ll also give some time for 3rd parties to make some accessories that improve the comfort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Anyone else order from Oculus and get a ups tracking link with a tracking number that is not valid? No live support either to find out what correct tracking number is.

From what I can see Ireland & the UK are shipping with Yodel. Does your tracking number start with JJ?

No just a very long number starting with 00 with the link to the ups site. Maybe its correct tracking just strange looking.

edit: just tried ups site and the virtual chat assistant and got this response trying the number - "I didn’t recognize XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX as a valid UPS tracking number. Most tracking numbers begin with a 1Z and are 18 digits. Other numbers may be 11 characters long.

Please re-enter your tracking number.".

Hopefully its on its way with some courier, yodel or otherwise..........

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

No just a very long number starting with 00 with the link to the ups site. Maybe its correct tracking just strange looking.

edit: just tried ups site and the virtual chat assistant and got this response trying the number - "I didn’t recognize XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX as a valid UPS tracking number. Most tracking numbers begin with a 1Z and are 18 digits. Other numbers may be 11 characters long.

Please re-enter your tracking number.".

Hopefully its on its way with some courier, yodel or otherwise..........

Yeah try your tracking number in Yodel, that's who is delivering my elite strap.

Thanks but tried it already. Doesnt work unfortunately with or without the yodel usual starting digits.

Oculus look to have a chat support as i went to the ticket section and there was a chat pop up. Just hope its quick as it says im in position 25!

druss wrote: »
    John Lewis have dispatched my order, but it's not showing up with DHL yet and then I have the AddressPal hurdle to cross.

I am jealous of you Amazon people, but Argos price is €50 more than JL, so I'm ok with a bit of a wait.

On the other hand, the Argos price for accessories isn't too far off the Oculus store price, so that might be worth a drop in for the strap and battery.

And now it is at the AddressPal hub. Will it beat the Amazon Prime rush? Is there any chance I'll get it by Friday??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Wiggedmite

And now it is at the AddressPal hub. Will it beat the Amazon Prime rush? Is there any chance I'll get it by Friday??

Has AddressPal acknowledged receipt? Mine was marked as delivered 8am today and no email from AnPost yet...

Wiggedmite wrote: »
    Has AddressPal acknowledged receipt? Mine was marked as delivered 8am today and no email from AnPost yet...

They have not. And mine arrived a lot later than yours. Late evening.

They have not. And mine arrived a lot later than yours. Late evening.

Okay. I assume a backlog of Prime and Quest boxes

Mine seems to have landed with Fastway this afternoon. Hopefully it shows up at some stage tomorrow.

Just kicking myself that Amazon didn't sell out. Could have just cancelled my order, and repurchased when they removed the UK delivery only option. Would have had it sooner!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Mine seems to have landed with Fastway this afternoon. Hopefully it shows up at some stage tomorrow.

Seems to the case for mine as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Anyone else not get their Amazon order dispatched yet? I've a Prime Account as well.

Yeah me but I placed my order rather late on the 6th.

Raoul Duke wrote: »
    Anyone else not get their Amazon order dispatched yet? I've a Prime Account as well.

Just my Elite headstrap is still pending...which I expected as Oculus had that down as mid November for me

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,216 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

My one changed from "Arriving Friday" to "Out for Delivery" on amazon so should have it today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Mickeroo wrote: »
    My one changed from "Arriving Friday" to "Out for Delivery" on amazon so should have it today.

Mine the same, that is really fast delivery

For anyone else in my position Ocukus said they only sent out the elite strap and the headset is still saying preparing for shipping in my account. Well Yodel just delivered both the headset and elite strap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Have one of these ordered in Argos. I’m wondering would I regret it though. I love the stand alone idea, but what I really want is a good jump in quality over my psvr for when I get a gaming pc (hopefully early new year). Would I be better wanting for the G2?

Probes wrote: »
    For anyone else in my position Ocukus said they only sent out the elite strap and the headset is still saying preparing for shipping in my account. Well Yodel just delivered both the headset and elite strap.

You might get another one in a few days :D

Mine just arrived, have it charging now but won't be able to touch it until later, string of meetings today.

Well lookee what arrived from Amazon!

529221.jpg

When you first start up the headset needs to download 2 updates. Mine has been downloading the first one for an hour now...

Either the servers are getting hammered or there is something up with the WiFi.

Probes wrote: »

Let us know how the Elite strap compares to the original when you get a chance, cheers!

Is it the battery one, or normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Have one reserved in Argos, gonna pick it up in an hour. Someone talk me out of this please!!!!!

Have the Rift but that is permanently setup in my sons room now and I ain't getting it back....need my VR fix again....I think.

The wife won't be happy.....BUT BUT BUT....aaaargh, head melted. :)

Get one for the wife as well! No arguments then

• Advertisement

DVD-Lots wrote: »
    Have one reserved in Argos, gonna pick it up in an hour. Someone talk me out of this please!!!!!

Have the Rift but that is permanently setup in my sons room now and I ain't getting it back....need my VR fix again....I think.

The wife won't be happy.....BUT BUT BUT....aaaargh, head melted. :)

I'm betting you'll be handed the Rift back and the Quest 2 will vanish, lost in time, like tears in rain.

I just fessed up that I may have diverted some funds for VR-purposes. The household consensus (surprisingly) is that this was a great idea. Wife tried VR at some art gallery and thought it was cool.

I haven't mentioned the Series X investment yet.

Advertisement