Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,916 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Nothing yet anyway, PC World/Currys have them on their site with a launch date for tomorrow. Might be able to get a click & collect then. Argos might be worth a shout too as they stocked the Quest 1.

Anyone that ordered from Oculus direct seen any movement yet? Mine was charged early last week and stuck at processing for shipping since then.
    Saw that alright, €45 more expensive than Amazon for the larger memory but I could get rid of all my One4All vouchers that I got for work in one swoop, worried that company could be a victim o Covid any day now, I think Ill go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,680 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Just updated my Facebook photo ... used https://thispersondoesnotexist.com/

Shiver went up my spine for a moment when I thought they were going to request my passport ID, but it went through OK :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Doge

So Real VR Fishing is on sale for Quest at 16 euro instead of 20.

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/2582932495064035/

The latest update features online multiplayer and it looks great.

We should try and get some multiplayer going on here for various games when we receive our Quest 2's!

Real VR Fishing seems to be cross buy also so don't forget to search in the rift store and add it for free.

I remember when Oculus used to have amazing daily deals... 80% off etc.
    Used to be very rare for a week to go by when I didn't buy a new game.

Anyone remember Edge of Nowhere for €3.99 with 87% off ? Those were the days...

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »
    Just updated my Facebook photo ... used https://thispersondoesnotexist.com/

Shiver went up my spine for a moment when I thought they were going to request my passport ID, but it went through OK :D

Sister is on board to friend me... I think I may be good to go!

*wait a sec, is she gonna see all the dodgy apps I use now ??!

I remember when Oculus used to have amazing daily deals... 80% off etc.
    Used to be very rare for a week to go by when I didn't buy a new game.

Anyone remember Edge of Nowhere for €3.99 with 87% off ? Those were the days...

Those big discounts were for the Go mainly weren't they?

Doge wrote: »
    Those big discounts were for the Go mainly weren't they?

Nope.. Rift ... I have lots of games on my Quest that I got when I purchased cheap Rift bargains.

Like The Climb... I bought that for €9.99 in 2017.. got it free for my Quest.

Same with Fruit Ninja, Dreadhalls, Wander, Ultrawings, Drop Dead, Drunk n Bar Fight ... got em all for around €5-€10

Wander I actually got for €3.99 ... that app has given so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

What are the chances of argos having the quest 2 available on launch?

Irishder wrote: »

Its listed on Argos.co.uk and available to pre order but not on the Irish site which is a bit worrying.

What time do they update the website usually does anyone know?

• Advertisement

Its listed on Argos.co.uk and available to pre order but not on the Irish site which is a bit worrying.

64GB Quest 1 listed for the exact same price as the 256GB Quest 2 on Argos.co.uk, £100 more than the 64GB 2 :pac:

https://www.argos.co.uk/search/oculus-quest-2/category:50000098/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Got a dispatch email just now. Should arrive Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

I ordered directly from Oculus, they've sent out the strap but no headset hehe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

wes wrote: »
    Got a dispatch email just now. Should arrive Wednesday.

Same, shipped by Yodel, who deliver via Fastway in Ireland. Argos seem to have healthy stock for pick up too, should have just stuck with that.

Amazon dispatched... probably Thursday!

Argos have stock 360 Euro, i have one reserved in Waterford.

Argos have stock 360 Euro, i have one reserved in Waterford.

Indeed... 256GB in Argos Blanch for example... some lucky bastid's gonna pick them up today! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

John Lewis have dispatched my order, but it's not showing up with DHL yet and then I have the AddressPal hurdle to cross.

I am jealous of you Amazon people, but Argos price is €50 more than JL, so I'm ok with a bit of a wait.

On the other hand, the Argos price for accessories isn't too far off the Oculus store price, so that might be worth a drop in for the strap and battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Mine is out for delivery from the oculus store. Original delivery date was the 22nd so I'm happy with that :)

Indeed... 256GB in Argos Blanch for example... some lucky bastid's gonna pick them up today! :eek:

Bought it for the Childs birthday (20th Oct) but i might need to power it up today just to make sure everything is working :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Same, shipped by Yodel, who deliver via Fastway in Ireland. Argos seem to have healthy stock for pick up too, should have just stuck with that.

I don't have much experience with fastway. Are they bad? I know last time I ordered from Oculus, everything was delivered just fine. Anyway, I will be at home tomorrow, as I am working from home these, so hopefully no issues.

I do have to say, I am surprised I am getting the headset so soon. The website said November 6th, and I ordered a couple of week after pre-orders went live.

Not sure If I will getting the elite strap same time, as they didn't charge me for it yet, but the dispatch email does mention it. So a little confused on that.

Next thing to get is the vr cover, whenever they become available.

Bought it for the Childs birthday (20th Oct) but i might need to power it up today just to make sure everything is working :)

Make that 2 children's birthdays... mine is the same day, but I'm gonna open my pressie early :D

Have it my hands but not allowed open it :(

You should probably test it. I read on the 'internet' that there is a large batch of faulty units ;) Wouldn't want to ruin the birthday celebrations.....................................................................

Quest 2 in Argos now but its more expensive than Currys, both about €45 more expensive then Amazon and Oculus :mad:

I think Im just going to wait a while, snowed under at work anyway.

Mine is out for delivery from the oculus store. Original delivery date was the 22nd so I'm happy with that :)

Did yours show as out for delivery on the Yodel site or did you have to track it on Fastway?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Did yours show as out for delivery on the Yodel site or did you have to track it on Fastway?

Just on the yodel site, I clicked the link in the email from oculus and it brought me to the Yodel site. I'll check fastway now

Do you not open it to charge it up for your kid so it's ready to use straight out the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

What's the best affordable link cable?

• Advertisement

What's the best affordable link cable?

These work for me, the extension seems to have gone up in price a lot since I ordered it:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07D7N96FL?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01FQ88CHS?ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Advertisement