Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    There was 29k at a game last year and plenty of room inside. This seems really excessive. Only reason I can think of for the decrease is the concrete benches all around are health and safetys worst nightmate. They really should remove those and make it standing. When Ireland had the RWC bid there were people on here claiming McHale Park was an all seater stadium!

I wish they'd remove them behind the goals anyway, plenty of people prefer to stand, i nearly always stand at the back near the scoreboard

• Registered Users Posts: 15,090 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

A bit like Killarney the designation of all tickets as "General Admission" means that they have to reduce capacity beyond what would be usually expected.

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    There was 29k at a game last year and plenty of room inside. This seems really excessive. Only reason I can think of for the decrease is the concrete benches all around are health and safetys worst nightmate. They really should remove those and make it standing. When Ireland had the RWC bid there were people on here claiming McHale Park was an all seater stadium!

More than likely rugby people who had never been to a GAA game let alone to McHale Park trying to big up that stupid idea of a WC bid.

Lipstick on a pig.

A bit like Killarney the designation of all tickets as "General Admission" means that they have to reduce capacity beyond what would be usually expected.

Aso the fact thats its a stand alone game and not a double header, there was a junior game before the Mayo galway game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭spakman

RedDevil55 wrote: »
    The championship game vs Galway last year was a disaster crowd wise. I arrived 15 minutes before throw in and getting from the bacon factory end to the Albany end took ages. Ended up having to walk through the pitch with a few hundred others! There were around 29k at that and it was a double header so you'd think a lot of the crowd wouldn't be arriving last minute.

If they had 4 or 5 turnstiles at the Albany end and make a chunk of the crowd use them it would solve the problem. Probably don't want to spend any more money on the place though!

They DO have turnstiles at the Albany End - new ones which were put in the same time as the Sportlann end AFAIK. Why they're not operating on big match days I don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

spakman wrote: »
    They DO have turnstiles at the Albany End - new ones which were put in the same time as the Sportlann end AFAIK. Why they're not operating on big match days I don't know.

Wasn't aware of that. Makes even less sense now!

spakman wrote: »

Ah ok, didnt realise that, odd that they not being used :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Ah ok, didnt realise that, odd that they not being used

They were open for the Roscommon game. I Came in that way

They were open for the Roscommon game. I Came in that way

Oh well wtf do i know about it so :D

km79 wrote: »
    Thats gonna sell out easily

Must be nearly at that stage now. The "There are no tickets available at this time. Please check later." message is appearing again on tickets.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

[/b]

More than likely rugby people who had never been to a GAA game let alone to McHale Park trying to big up that stupid idea of a WC bid.

Lipstick on a pig.

It was a couple of regular posters from this thread actually, upset that Castlebar was potentially being left off the list

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭statto25

Thats gonna sell out easily

Must be nearly at that stage now. The "There are no tickets available at this time. Please check later." message is appearing again on tickets.ie.

Centra and SuperValu both out too so I'd say it's a sell out unless they are holding back tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Could it be that ticket sales were stopped until things were capacity were finalised, player allocation, county board allocation, season ticket, cairde maigheo etc etc were sorted. They will be back on sale again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Good news the minor quarter final will be live on the TG4 YouTube channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭piobhan

What tome do you think you would want to head into the stand for a good seat next week??

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭boosabum

stand tends to be full an hour before throw in so for a good seat you would be looking to be getting in at 4pm.

Stand was opened at 1.30pm for the 4pm match in Killarney

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

boosabum wrote: »
    stand tends to be full an hour before throw in so for a good seat you would be looking to be getting in at 4pm.

Stand was opened at 1.30pm for the 4pm match in Killarney

I'd prefer to get a seat high up and centre in the stand but there's no chance I'd be queuing at 4. Terrace it is then.

Semi final fixtures confirmed, if we qualify in second we play on the Saturday at 5pm

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Semi final fixtures confirmed, if we qualify in second we play on the Saturday at 5pm

They are banking on the dubs topping that group !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

That's the 10th?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Which they'll do comfortably

If we can beat Donegal then Mayo v Dublin Croke Park on a saturday evening - it doesn't get any better than that :) Dublin will be electric that day

Ya well its the most likely outcome i suppose. Great time for a game imo

That's the 10th?

Ya

seligehgit wrote: »
    “If you had one game at MacHale Park, with reserved seating, then the capacity would be around 28,000. When you have unreserved seating for a fixture like this, you reduce your capacity by 10%.”

So if they had reserved seating in the stand only, would this would satisfy that criteria? :confused:

Wooly is coming to Westport.

Us fishheads might get past the Covey checkpoints.

It should be a great night.Attended an All Ireland preview previously in the Sportlann.Great craic!

Apply here.

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/gaa-hour-coming-westport-almighty-mayo-v-donegal-preview-204425

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

So if they had reserved seating in the stand only, would this would satisfy that criteria? :confused:

Hasnt that ship sailed given tickets have already been sold as general admission. Surely this should have been worked out a couple of weeks ago.

Hasnt that ship sailed given tickets have already been sold as general admission. Surely this should have been worked out a couple of weeks ago.

ya that was my point really, was always highly possible this would be a huge game sos urely contingency plans could have been made

• Registered Users Posts: 9,398 ✭✭✭irishgeo

ya that was my point really, was always highly possible this would be a huge game sos urely contingency plans could have been made
    That's not the prenty way.

• Advertisement

irishgeo wrote: »
    That's not the prenty way.
    It s a game run by central administration, not the Connacht council, Prenty has nothing to do with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement