Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Why wouldnt they?
    I wouldnt call it whining tbh. I know of people who didnt get home until 3 in the morning from last weekends match. If we had woken up to news of fatalities in a traffic accident in the small hours, the people who were giving mayo fans both barrells would have been very silent. It was idiotic then and it is idiotic again this weekend.

100% agree with this.
    Travelled from Galway, only got home at 1:30am and that was motorway all the way. Some of our party had to then jump in a car and travel back to Mayo, home around ~2am or a bit after.

Utter madness to be making anyone do that unnecessarily.

They said it was to facilitate Down people who wanted to attend the hurling, yet there was no such consideration given to Leitrim who also played a footbal and hurling game on the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

100% agree with this.
    Travelled from Galway, only got home at 1:30am and that was motorway all the way. Some of our party had to then jump in a car and travel back to Mayo, home around ~2am or a bit after.

Utter madness to be making anyone do that unnecessarily.

They said it was to facilitate Down people who wanted to attend the hurling, yet there was no such consideration given to Leitrim who also played a footbal and hurling game on the same day.

There was also the issue of the PSNI wanting a later start time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Only for two stupid mistakes against Roscommon, we would have won. We would have most likely taken Galway. We would have been in the super eights and the doom and gloom would not be so high.

We have fixed the first mistake with Clarke and Higgins is still an issue, but the real bigger problem is that confidence is now low and this makes us vulnerable all over the pitch in these qualifiers.

I do think we will improve once we get to CP, so we just need to get through these next two games in whatever manner.

Also, we cannot give Geezer a bigger head than he already has.

2 years ago, Higgins was having a bit of a stinker in the league and early championship. But when it came to squeaky bum time in the championship, he was able to produce the goods, and ended up with an All-Star in his pocket. If Mayo progress on and hopefully don't get caught on the hop in the next 2 games, I wouldn't worry about him.

Hope that optimism doesn't come back to bite me in the a$$.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭cossy09

First come first served in the stand.
    Be warned though, Mayo fans have been arriving earlier and earlier to games, lots waiting on the gates to open.
    If you want a decent seat in the stand, I reckon you'll need to be there at least an hour ahead of throw-in.

Thanks for that feedback and responding. Much appreciated

cossy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Only for two stupid mistakes against Roscommon, we would have won. We would have most likely taken Galway. We would have been in the super eights and the doom and gloom would not be so high.

We have fixed the first mistake with Clarke and Higgins is still an issue, but the real bigger problem is that confidence is now low and this makes us vulnerable all over the pitch in these qualifiers.

I do think we will improve once we get to CP, so we just need to get through these next two games in whatever manner.

Also, we cannot give Geezer a bigger head than he already has.

Mistakes has a big habit of repeating themselves with Mayo teams down the years though, for example how many AI finals have Mayo lost now due mainly to errors on or off the field? For now its probably for the best to say "if" Mayo get to CP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Mistakes has a big habit of repeating themselves with Mayo teams down the years though, for example how many AI finals have Mayo lost now due mainly to errors on or off the field? For now its probably for the best to say "if" Mayo get to CP.

Finals have been lost on mistakes but outside of that we have been on the ball the last few years with the exception of last year.
    So on most day we are better than any team in the qualifiers and defeated provisional losers so I think we should progress all things been equal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

2 years ago, Higgins was having a bit of a stinker in the league and early championship. But when it came to squeaky bum time in the championship, he was able to produce the goods, and ended up with an All-Star in his pocket. If Mayo progress on and hopefully don't get caught on the hop in the next 2 games, I wouldn't worry about him.

Hope that optimism doesn't come back to bite me in the a$$.

Agreed Zippy oft times has indifferent performances in the league and early championship but has rarely been found wanting at the business end of the championship.

I thought Diarmuid seemed quite tired and leggy on Saturday night.TBF to all and sundry it was quite a warm evening.

Cian Hanley has been struggling with injury for quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭muddle84

seligehgit wrote: »

Hope that optimism doesn't come back to bite me in the a$.

Agreed Zippy oft times has indifferent performances in the league and early championship but has rarely been found wanting at the business end of the championship.

I thought Diarmuid seemed quite tired and leggy on Saturday night.TBF to all and sundry it was quite a warm evening.

Cian Hanley has been struggling with injury for quite a while.

Cian Hanley had left the panel entirely and is going to the US for the summer along Shairoze and Adam Gallagher

• Registered Users Posts: 15,000 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

seligehgit wrote: »
    Armagh away.

Tough one.

You have them at home. How much that helps I do not know. At times ye seem to play better away than in Castlebar.
    Themselves and Tyrone were the two too avoid, but ye might have been better with Tyrone in that the are, unlike Armagh a known quantity.
    Armagh look to be a dangerous outfit, especially up front. Young Rian O`Neill is top scorer in Ulster faik and Stefan Cambell is a strong dangerous forward. To add to that Jamie Clarke is one of those players that on his day can win a game on his own.
    This one could be a real banana skin folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

charlie14 wrote: »
    You have them at home. How much that helps I do not know. At times ye seem to play better away than in Castlebar.
    Themselves and Tyrone were the two too avoid, but ye might have been better with Tyrone in that the are, unlike Armagh a known quantity.
    Armagh look to be a dangerous outfit, especially up front. Young Rian O`Neill is top scorer in Ulster faik and Stefan Cambell is a strong dangerous forward. To add to that Jamie Clarke is one of those players that on his day can win a game on his own.
    This one could be a real banana skin folks.

They've a very stellar back door record too in recent years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,189 ✭✭✭✭km79

Potentially some very very bad news if true
    From the same person that told me about the Ruane injury
    Diarmuid has broken his wrist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Murray into midfield? Big game for him

It’s very hard for us to compete when all our midfielders keep getting injured
    It’s limits bench options as well
    I’ve a bad bad feeling about this now

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

• Registered Users Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Was there a separate curse put on our midfield at some stage?

We'll be asking Armagh to lend us back Billy Joe Padden at this rate...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭PressRun

Raises serious questions about the nature of the training going on.

PressRun wrote: »
    Raises serious questions about the nature of the training going on.

Wait a minute
    Didn’t Horan say they wouldn’t be training till Weds night?
    It must have happened Saturday so

Unless he was fibbing ……..and if he was then who is to say when COC and Vaughan will be back

km79 wrote: »
    Wait a minute

Unless he was fibbing ……..and if he was then who is to say when COC and Vaughan will be back

Horan said Cillian was returning to the squad a month ago and it didn't happen. There's been a general lack of transparency around what's been going on. That's his prerogative btw, he's the manager and he can manage the media and such like however he sees fit, but I wouldn't be taking anything he says at face value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Disaster.

What's the recovery time for such an injury, best case scenario?

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Disaster.

What's the recovery time for such an injury, best case scenario?

Out for the season apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

[QUOTE=PressRun;110532499]Horan said Cillian was returning to the squad a month ago and it didn't happen. There's been a general lack of transparency around what's been going on. That's his prerogative btw, he's the manager and he can manage the media and such like however he sees fit, but I wouldn't be taking anything he says at face value.[/QUOTE]

He did return to the squad and training afaik, didnt he play n a challenge game a few weeks ago.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Luck isn't on our side is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,134 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Wait a minute

Anyone listen to the podcast ?

Did you hear Horan's reply to Nathan Murphy's question about rumors of a falling out ?

He did not sound that convincing in ruling out any rumors.

Did you hear Horan's reply to Nathan Murphy's question about rumors of a falling out ?

That’s what I said at the time too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Wait a minute

They were training in the Centre of Excellence last night.

That’s what I said at the time too

• Advertisement

They were training in the Centre of Excellence last night.

We know that now
    But that’s not what Horan said Saturday
    As is his perogative
    But I don’t believe him about Cillian
    Listen to it and make our own mind up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement