Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit Prison Officer 2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Hemmingsway

IPS admitted to forgetting to contact her in relation to it so i’m just saying sometimes a phone call can do no harm

sorry didn't realize the fault was on IPS part. Phone call wont do no harm no, I'm just repeating what was told to me and others after the fitness test regarding security clearance. I think they where getting numerous calls from people about the clearance and have been asking people not to call about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Down 15kg from my initial weigh in last October, not bad considering no gyms for most of the year and a 6 week injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kells girls

Well done �� is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mac554

Has anyone here with an oom of 250 - 300 been selected or do you have to be higher than that to be selected

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Gandijp

Mac554 wrote: »
    Has anyone here with an oom of 250 - 300 been selected or do you have to be higher than that to be selected

I’m in the 150s and I did the fitness test in October, I don’t know when I will get a start date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Willoughby

Gandijp wrote: »
    I’m in the 150s and I did the fitness test in October, I don’t know when I will get a start date.

Did you get your security clearance yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Gandijp

Willoughby wrote: »
    Did you get your security clearance yet?

I did yea, I got it back in September

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Alc 1986

Im in the 170s .done fitness but no clearence yet.

I got my clearance back this week after well over a year of waiting. Emailed back asking about any possible start dates in the new year. Looks like there is a class starting on the 18th January, emails going out mid December to confirm this.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭starstothesun

I got my clearance back this week after well over a year of waiting. Emailed back asking about any possible start dates in the new year. Looks like there is a class starting on the 18th January, emails going out mid December to confirm this.

Super, well done, what number range did you finish on the panel? were you 80-100 or 100 to 120

• Advertisement

I'm in the 100-120.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dean2020

Is their any sign for a new prison recruitment campaign starting anytime soon l love to try get into the prison service its the only job l dream of doing failed 2 times now hoping they keep up prison recruitment campaign for least a few years cause l hear their lack of officers can sometime give me a update when the drive will end for more recruits appreciate it thanks

Could be another recruitment in 2020? not 100% sure. What are you failing on? There is test material on the booklet that is sent out once you apply at the beginning of the competition that you can have practice test on. Its a link they provide to a website where you can practice as many times as you want, I found this really helped me pass, as I failed two competitions before passing everything on the the 3rd attempt.

That would be great news if their was other prison recruitment campaign before the year is out well on my first attempt failed stage 1 and on my second attempt got to the exam centre failed the veral very bad l did going into that exam thought l would of failed me maths but l pass it. Got it of career services l did for all the practices exams. It would be great if l pass it next time around 3rd time trying hopefully it's meant to be for me next time around cause l really want to get into the prison service its something l all ways wanted to do

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Willoughby

Hi Hemmingsway, well done on clearance and all the rest. Just wondering re the start dates did they say were you likely to be starting in the January class? Just wondering as I wouldn't be a million miles behind you in the OOM!

Willoughby wrote: »
    Hi Hemmingsway, well done on clearance and all the rest. Just wondering re the start dates did they say were you likely to be starting in the January class? Just wondering as I wouldn't be a million miles behind you in the OOM!

Thanks. Yea, in the reply to me they said it would very likely I would be in the first class on the 18th January all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Hally21

Anyone hearing anything about a new recruitment?

Yes l hear before christmas dunno rather its lies your not your its going to be in janunary new recruiment is going to start waiting myself this is going to be my 3rd time applying hopefully l get in next time around

Anyone called for the class on the 18th January?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭starstothesun

Anyone called for the class on the 18th January?

yep - friend of mine got the phone call yesterday to start 18th January (they were placed in the 120’s on the panel if that’s any help to anyone)

• Advertisement

yep - friend of mine got the phone call yesterday to start 18th January (they were placed in the 120’s on the panel if that’s any help to anyone)

Well done to him/her :) Got a call as well, was a long process delighted its finally done and training can start.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rebecca30

Congrats great news.. Best of luck. I'm still waiting on vetting..

Hi Just wordering my next time am applying for the new recruitment drive for the lrish prison service this be my 3rd time applying many times did u apply and u finally past all the stages.

Hi Just wordering my next time am applying for the new recruitment drive for the lrish prison service this be my 3rd time applying many times did u apply and u finally past all the stages.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭Macu17ab

Hi folks.

Those of you who have done your PCT - does that come after your medical or before? And what was the waiting time between the medical and PCT?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kells girls

Pct after medical, about 4 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Dean2020 wrote: »

It'll be different for every individual person. Some may get in the first go, while other it'll take a few tries. For example, I have tried for the guards about 5 times now and I will continue to apply until I get too old to apply. I suggest to get the online study material and keep practising. Also, I'd apply for everything if I was you. That's what I am currently doing. The best of luck!

What was your highest u got to in garda stages job seeker for long time l wanted to join gardas haven't applied just the wages what the gardas are on heard its not great for the job they do looking foward to apply again going to study after the Christmas for the prison service hoping to pass all stages next time aroundðŸ™

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Dean2020 wrote: »
    What was your highest u got to in garda stages job seeker for long time l wanted to join gardas haven't applied just the wages what the gardas are on heard its not great for the job they do looking foward to apply again going to study after the Christmas for the prison service hoping to pass all stages next time aroundðŸ™

I'll PM you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Rebecca30

Anyone hear anything from Clearance??

Advertisement