Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit Prison Officer 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Borrow

Does anyone know what the actual starting salary is?
    About 29k

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭timmy2772

Does anybody have an opinion on how relevant your OOM is after you have interview done ?....I'm from the 2020 campaign and I got my results this week. Placed between 100 and 110.....Seems very far down to me or am I being hard on myself

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Be grand sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭timmy2772

Insightful ��

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

You are high enough on the panel to get a job. (some time in the future!) God knows when, it depends on retirements, vetting, no of people on the panel ahead of you. You've done well, no point over analysing it as it is completely beyond your control. Go live your life in the mean time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 LilCa

Has anyone else received an email about uniforms today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Hemmingsway

Borrow wrote: »
    About 29k

Before allowances are added that is. I have the new payscale for 2020, Prison officers have received a 2% pay rise from 1st October. Its decent pay for tough job.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Arod13

Has anyone got their clearance back this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 1981rob

yep finally! Just waiting to be called for a class

1981rob wrote: »
    yep finally! Just waiting to be called for a class

Where you called or emailed to let you know your clearance came back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Where you called or emailed to let you know your clearance came back?

They call you to let you know

Arod13 wrote: »
    Has anyone got their clearance back this week?

Got clearance back last week. They emailed me to inform me. Said they are filling the next class by order of merit.

Anyone here starting in the November class?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kells girls

LilCa wrote: »

Did you get a call

Did you get a call

Yes, about half an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kells girls

Yes, about half an hour ago.

Congratulations 👍

Congratulations ðŸ‘

Thank you

How much notice have you been giving to start your class after getting your clearance back? Seems to have happened so quick for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rachiepopz1

Hi just wondering is there someone you can contact to check the status of your garda clearance? Or is it just a waiting game ?
    My husband has been waiting 15months.
    Thanks for your help

Hi just wondering is there someone you can contact to check the status of your garda clearance? Or is it just a waiting game ?
    Thanks for your help

just a waiting game I'm afraid :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭starstothesun

Thanks for your help

Get him to ring IPS Longford it shouldn’t take that long - would there be an issue with it that perhaps IPS can shed some light on or at least give u direction of what status garda clearance is at

Get him to ring IPS Longford it shouldn’t take that long - would there be an issue with it that perhaps IPS can shed some light on or at least give u direction of what status garda clearance is at

IPS said no reason to call them about the clearence, as its out of their hands. All you have to do is wait.

Mine took ages due to a big family with some in America.

you get a start date yet?

you get a start date yet?

Nope nowhere near starting

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Willoughby

How long did yours take in total? They have mine about 15 months now, I'm the same as you, big family with several abroad. But I don't reckon that could be too uncommon.

Are you still waiting to do some other parts of the process?

IPS said no reason to call them about the clearence, as its out of their hands. All you have to do is wait.

My friend was the same waiting ages to hear about garda clearance being back & recently passed the fitness test so she rang IPS and they told her it was back and someone was meant to have contacted her and they didn’t! So it paid off to make that phone call to IPS as due to start in the November or January class now

Willoughby wrote: »
    How long did yours take in total? They have mine about 15 months now, I'm the same as you, big family with several abroad. But I don't reckon that could be too uncommon.

Are you still waiting to do some other parts of the process?

Waiting on the fitness test.

My friend was the same waiting ages to hear about garda clearance being back & recently passed the fitness test so she rang IPS and they told her it was back and someone was meant to have contacted her and they didn’t! So it paid off to make that phone call to IPS as due to start in the November or January class now

Someone was meant to have contacted her yes, but IPS didn't know that she wasn't contacted. She still would have got an email with a possible start date though, once the clearance is in the IPS hands :)

• Advertisement

Someone was meant to have contacted her yes, but IPS didn't know that she wasn't contacted. She still would have got an email with a possible start date though, once the clearance is in the IPS hands :)

IPS admitted to forgetting to contact her in relation to it so i’m just saying sometimes a phone call can do no harm

Advertisement