Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Italy vs Ireland match thread, 24-2-2019.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,467 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

fitz wrote: »
    Seriously, how was the push on Earls without the ball not a penalty??

Got what he deserved really.. he was lazily obstructing the runner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

A push in Earls back and crossing near the end of that play surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

There was a knock on from Italy and their winger took Earls out with a push in the back.

A complete **** show.

SOB, Murray and Sexton need to be taken off.

Just dung

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭QuintusFabius

Sure Ireland always win the fat ***** running into each other comp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Fire and brimstone from Joe now......badly needed. I hope management have brought the mechanical arse-kicking machine with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

There was an Italian knock on and Earl's was clearly pushed in the back. How was it not checked?

Cronin is having a mare.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Is Declan Kidney in charge today

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

fitz wrote: »
    Lads, calm down. Accuracy is off, but we could still have the BP secured by half time... We're only 25 minutess in.

You reckon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I don't understand, if it's a ruck then you can't pick the ball unless you step over it and you can't tackle the scrum half if he is in the motion of passing. I don't understand how it is possible to legally rip the ball from the scrum half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,224 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Not sure what Sexton's done wrong here tbh. Problems are with the pack and 9 having a meltdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭penybont exile

Well .... that was interesting.

Should turn it around easily enough .... but some worrying signs for Ireland for the next few matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,722 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

We're going to get absolutely trounced by Wales if we play even close to that first half performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Stone Gossard

2 things... we'll win this game comfortably enough...and
    Where are all the peeps who said we'd upset the Welsh party in a few weeks?

A push in Earls back and crossing near the end of that play surely?

Murray needs to be dropped. Back to Munster to get gametime.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

There was an Italian knock on and Earl's was clearly pushed in the back. How was it not checked?

Was two phases back, right? Not able to check it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,371 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

vienne86 wrote: »
    Fire and brimstone from Joe now......badly needed. I hope management have brought the mechanical arse-kicking machine with them.

It is named Andy.

Apart from the obvious, I'd love to know where the leadership from highly decorated and experienced players is......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Tommy Allen is an absolute hindrance to Italy, repeatedly. Almost butchered that try and then almost hits the corner flag with the conversion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Looking at the replay, a knock on and a push on earls. Both missed or not given.

In fairness Italy deserve to be ahead. Big 45 minutes now, a loss here will completely sap confidence levels.

Murray has been awful, Cronin too. I’d give them 15 minutes to sort there **** before making changes

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I don't understand, if it's a ruck then you can't pick the ball unless you step over it and you can't tackle the scrum half if he is in the motion of passing. I don't understand how it is possible to legally rip the ball from the scrum half.

Sorry what? That is not a law.

Murray picked the ball up, the ruck was over and he was so slow about it that Tebaldi was able to come across the get the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

mangobob wrote: »
    Im not concerned about the outcome of this game - we will win it with ease. Im concerned about our mindset - this is the 3rd game of the tournament and in terms of accuracy we have almost regressed. Some pretty ordinary performances out there from key players. Murray still looks like a shadow of himself. Sexton mixing the good with the bad. Errors all over the park. Im concerned.

This post is already starting to look arrogant. We are clearly second best here. Italy full value for their lead, and Im moving from concerned to worried.

• Advertisement

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Rubbish...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭Christy42

We have been muck but that was a bad miss from the ref.

A bit more structure and we should take this in the second half but worrying go forward. Too many mistakes. Cronin may as well be wearing blue for how well he has been playing.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I counted three penalty and one scrum offence by Italy in the build up to that try. Illegal pickup, push in the back, obstruction and a knock on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

Conor Murray's mind has gone. Even things like not going under the post v Scotland.

Seems like a man who may have troubles in his personal life, something worrying him.

Form is temporary, class permanent but for now he shouldn't be out there.

He had the ball off the ground and out of the ruck. Then threw a hissy fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

Clegg wrote: »
    Murray's going from the poor form category to just being outright crap.

Thought he had minor nerve damage and muscle wastage from last injury, still not back 100% so one arm is stronger than the other
    https://www.balls.ie/rugby/conor-murray-injury-5-406322

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Not sure what Sexton's done wrong here tbh. Problems are with the pack and 9 having a meltdown.

Yeah. Sexton going ok
    The rest of them are putting in a 2013 Rome performance
    I can’t believe this is happening to a Joe Schmidt team.
    And I’m putting the blame completely on the players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭QuintusFabius

I know, he needs to eat more, if he puts another 10KG on he should be grand in the fat c*nt comp.

Buer wrote: »
    Was two phases back, right? Not able to check it.
    Knock on was last pase before the try. Theres no phase limit on foul play

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

Every time we look likely we're about to kick on, or accuracy and discipline let's us down. Murray poor again, and Sexton has been mixed, but everyone needs to take a look at themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Well well. Ireland really sending out a message to France and Wales there.

Seriously, that is the last game Cronin starts as hooker, just can’t nail the basics. Murray continues his average form.

Ireland will no doubt run away in the 2nd half and win comfortably but it has been a very average 6N to date.

If Schmidt has any balls he’ll send Cooney out after the break and Scannell is a no-brainer change too.

Stockdale remains a try scoring machine probably the best Irish player so far.

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Rubbish...
    Tbf he does need dropping.

I'm all for playing your best players back into form. But Murray's been actively fecking with our performance.

It was obvious from the Scotland game the England performance wasn't a blip and that our structures were just poor.

We're going nowhere with ball in hand and teams with lesser quality are ploughing through us.

Going to need more than personal changes at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Murray has to go. He's utter sh1te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,619 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Very poor all around. Murray needs to be subbed. He's awful.
    Italy playing well and winning some collisions.
    Ireland look like they just met at the kick off.
    This is similar to the Argentine game in Nov. We we dross for large periods and looked sloppy.

Rubbish...

Your right. He has been absolutely rubbish.

Our back row has been crap

No leadership on show

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

He hasn't been great in his own showing but, props aside, we have been very poor up front. No cohesion or leadership. Murphy doesn't look up to it. Roux has been sloppy. Henderson made an impact in his cameo. He needs to come back immediately.

The midfield won't help proceedings. Earls is dangerous from any position but he is not a good defender at test level in the centre. Completely lost for the first try. Kearney getting a lot of one on one attention where he's weakest too and lacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

caff wrote: »
    Thought he had minor nerve damage and muscle wastage from last injury, still not back 100% so one arm is stronger than the other

You can clearly see the physical effects of the injury, he's lost so much muscle mass, especially on his left arm.

The lineout has cost atleast a 2 try swing. Don't think anyone will question it when Best starts in the next game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭leakyboots

lawred2 wrote: »
    Got what he deserved really.. he was lazily obstructing the runner

No, he wasn't. He was running back for the ball. Thought he did brilliantly in that phase - he could have gone and tackled the kicker but changed his mind last minute and would have beaten the support runner to the ball if he wasn't bundled off it.

Murray getting caught at the ruck (with no protection) and SOB completely missing a makeable tackle are what led to them finding themselves in our 22. Thought Kearney looked sluggish there too.

Murray, Cronin, SOB, Kearney not at the races at all.

Killer, Stockdale and Furlong our best players, Earls is going well on the whole.

Italians are dragging us into a helter skelter match and we're enabling them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,098 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I counted three penalty and one scrum offence by Italy in the build up to that try. Illegal pickup, push in the back, obstruction and a knock on.

My granny could have got the ball off Murray, he was that slow and hesitant and she's dead 30 years!

Disgraceful attitude from the players or some of them today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Marengo wrote: »
    Conor Murray's mind has gone. Even things like not going under the post v Scotland.

Seems like a man who may have troubles in his personal life, something worrying him.

What the actual f@*k??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,722 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Marengo wrote: »

I can't tell if this is a serious post or not....

Help us, Garry Ringrose.

You're our only hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

All the talk of Ireland having a BP win is now down the toilet with that 1st half effort. It's purely dreadful stuff so far.

I hope Joe gives his team a metaphorical arse kicking when they go out for the next part. Without it; it could be hell.

Conor O'Shea must be in glee with that first half performance in the Italy dressing room.

• Advertisement

Tbf he does need dropping.

I'm all for playing your best players back into form. But Murray's been actively fecking with our performance.

We need to build from the back..I'm sorry, but we have huge!! issues in the pack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Sorry what? That is not a law.

Murray picked the ball up, the ruck was over and he was so slow about it that Tebaldi was able to come across the get the ball.

Well the defender has to start from the hindmost foot to be onside, I felt he was at the front of the ruck.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Last Call

We're going to get absolutely trounced by Wales if we play even close to that first half performance.

Wales? Even FRANCE will slaughter us if we don't find form fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Ball too slow, Murray not up to pace....

We are just far too slow. Pull Murray and see how it goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

Pride comes before a fall. As a nation we get carried away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement