Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,043 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

yerrahbah wrote: »
    Crowley and Ahern having great games for the U20s tonight

Ahern was phenomenal, not many locks can run like that but having been a back 3 player he's still got that pace.

Crowley took his chances, MOTM, but I'm not sure he has that something special that we saw in Healy last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

The way many on here go on you'd swear that it was purely Leinster born and bred players in the academy.
    Very little mentioned by the media about the Hawaiian dude joining the Leinster sub academy straight off the plane at the exact time they were doing negative pieces on the likes of Knox joining the Munster academy.

Probably because he didn’t join the academy straight off the plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭geotrig

well I haven't read through the **** show of pages since the official announcement today, but have to say I'm delighted with these 3signings.
    SNyman from what I've seen over the last few months has impressed me. De allende is the real coup for me another Williams type player that should have an impact , overall a fantastic player from what I've seen over the last few years and while not always apparent does great work defensively and going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,944 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Great signings announced today, two World Cup winners! Valid question by someone above about De Allende given the sort of game we seem to be moving towards in the backs but he's bloody effective at 12.

Some people seemed to have missed the announcement earlier in the week promoting three young, home-bred players on academy contracts to full ones this week as well as resigning three of our homegrown estabalished squad members. But you see what you want to see I guess.

I'm still giving Van Graan a pass for this season given the change in backroom and injuries, still want us to give the Pro14 a good rattle... next season is different. No excuses after this.

Actually looking forward to seeing what the kids do during the Six Nations, there was some exciting stuff played in September and October

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

leakyboots wrote: »
    Great signings announced today, two World Cup winners! Valid question by someone above about De Allende given the sort of game we seem to be moving towards in the backs but he's bloody effective at 12.

Some people seemed to have missed the announcement earlier in the week promoting three young, home-bred players on academy contracts to full ones this week as well as resigning three of our homegrown estabalished squad members. But you see what you want to see I guess.

I'm still giving Van Graan a pass for this season given the change in backroom and injuries, still want us to give the Pro14 a good rattle... next season is different. No excuses after this.

Actually looking forward to seeing what the kids do during the Six Nations, there was some exciting stuff played in September and October

I’m not sure how Van Grann can get a pass this season, strange statement

I’m not saying sack him or anything, but I don’t see why people are so ready to just write off a season. It is his third season, he needs to start to show some progress. Ok out of Europe but should be aiming for Pro 14 final or win it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,884 ✭✭✭✭phog

Squad Update
    There is positive news on the injury front. Tommy O’Donnell (hamstring) and Darren Sweetnam (hamstring) are being reintroduced to training this week and Ciaran Parker (calf) has returned to full training.

Continuing to rehab: Jean Kleyn (neck), Rhys Marshall (knee), Joey Carbery (wrist), Tadhg Beirne (ankle), Brian Scott (foot), Tyler Bleyendaal (neck).

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭randomrb

phog wrote: »

Tommy O'Donnell has serious drive and commitment to keep coming back after injuries, He has to be one of the most unfortunate players with injury, if he had got a good run of games in his prime he could have been a nailed on starter for Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

randomrb wrote: »
    Tommy O'Donnell has serious drive and commitment to keep coming back after injuries, He has to be one of the most unfortunate players with injury, if he had got a good run of games in his prime he could have been a nailed on starter for Ireland

With Sean O Brien around he was never going to be nailed on to start for ireland unless Sean was injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Good to see the Gardai were called in to investigate. All to common these days with people thinking freedom of speech does not equal consequences too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/cj-stander-stands-up-to-the-flak-i-have-always-got-a-point-to-prove-1.4163136

GT mentions it aswell.

As he points out CJ's numbers stack up and we are lucky to have him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

theboss80 wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/cj-stander-stands-up-to-the-flak-i-have-always-got-a-point-to-prove-1.4163136

GT mentions it aswell.
    :rolleyes:
    As he points out CJ's numbers stack up and we are lucky to have him

Extremely lucky, the guy is a machine

There's a reason its called the CJ Stander man of the match award :D

The weirdest criticism he got was from Shane Jennings during last years 6 nations

After playing with a fractured eye socket for 50 mins England, he missed the Italy and Scotland games.

Jennings came out with this peach before the French game

https://twitter.com/VirginMedia_One/status/1104371632741601280

• Registered Users Posts: 11,680 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Anyone any ideas when the date for the Connacht game will be confirmed? It's in Thomond so assuming it'll be the Saturday, haven't had a Friday game there in awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

aloooof wrote: »
    Anyone any ideas when the date for the Connacht game will be confirmed? It's in Thomond so assuming it'll be the Saturday, haven't had a Friday game there in awhile.
    few more weeks I imagine. League will want to see which games will be most Important for deciding playoff spots and which games get best TV spots
    Could be at least March when confirmed

Hope to see the likes of Knox, Whycherly, Coombes, Jack O'Sullivan, Casey, Healy, Daly and Nash involved in the 23 to be named today

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

We'll we're down 11 players between Ireland camp and injuries, so most of those will definitely be involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Hope to see the likes of Knox, Whycherly, Coombes, Jack O'Sullivan, Casey, Healy, Daly and Nash involved in the 23 to be named today

It's a good opportunity to name a young side. JOD and Farrell are also back from Ireland camp so will almost certainly be involved. Parker, TOD and Sweetnam are back from injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

My best guess.

Haley
    Nash
    Farrell
    Scannell
    Daly
    JJ
    Casey

Cronin
    Scannel
    Archer
    Billy
    Wycherly
    JOD
    Cloete
    Botha

KOB
    Loughman
    Knox
    Coombes
    O'Sullivan
    McCarthy
    Healy
    Goggin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Arno will be gone at the end of the season so I'd rather see JOS start a game like this.

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2020/02/13/team-named-munster-side-to-face-southern-kings/

Munster: Mike Haley; Calvin Nash, Chris Farrell, Dan Goggin, Shane Daly; JJ Hanrahan, Neil Cronin; James Cronin, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Fineen Wycherley, Billy Holland (C); Jack O’Donoghue, John Hodnett, Arno Botha.

Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, Jeremy Loughman, Keynan Knox, Gavin Coombes, Chris Cloete, Nick McCarthy, Ben Healy, Rory Scannell.

No Casey or O'Sullivan but Hodnett gets a start

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jmn51927

6/8 not bad!
    “The clash is one of three Munster games during the 6 Nations with Head Coach Johann van Graan set to utilise the majority of his squad and spread game-time over the three matches.“ was beneath the team sheet suggesting there’ll be more youth to come

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

What’s happened to Sam Arnold?

RobbieRuns wrote: »
    What’s happened to Sam Arnold?

They're rotating the squad over the next three games. I's sure we'll see him next week.

Some achievement! Must surely be catching up with ROG and Stringers caps by now? Doubt anyone will ever pass O Callaghan's record! https://twitter.com/Munsterrugby/status/1228388759512768512?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Eod100 wrote: »
    Some achievement! Must surely be catching up with ROG and Stringers caps by now? Doubt anyone will ever pass O Callaghan's record! https://twitter.com/Munsterrugby/status/1228388759512768512?s=19

It would take someone like TOD without the injuries to get up to those sort of numbers.

Ah that's awful news. I had though he was recovering. RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,944 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Sad news, steered us through the journey from amateur to professionalism

Advertisement