Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Any more word on the Irish qualifies saries fullback?

wasnt blown away by him on Sunday against Quins

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭randomrb

Boscoirl wrote: »
    wasnt blown away by him on Sunday against Quins

In fairness I wouldn't judge any player from the game after they learned they are to be relegated

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    I've liked O'Byrne and Loughman under the new system - both able to play a bit of ball and looked good in the early parts of the season (O'Byrne had some nice involvements in setting up tries and Loughman threw that beauty of a pass off turnover ball)

Holland is indeed a tough one. The sentimental part of Munster may keep him on and get him mentoring up-and-coming players. He has another little one on the way, so may not be ready to call it quits just yet (or maybe he fancies a bit of home life).

Shame about Oliver and Stafford in a way; Oliver was certainly supposed to be one of the next big prospects at some point in time and Stafford was an intriguing one, but then Casey appeared on the scene. Feel for Arnold; he's made moves to try to get first team rugby, was really good when thrown into starting 13 shirt when we had some injuries and plays with plenty of aggression, but he had a badly timed injury, Goggin seemed to leapfrog him, and the midfield battle got even more competitive.

Holland stays probably on a one year deal. Let him help bridge the gap between euro games and the under 20s lads from Waterford coming through. Need more than Fineen and Beirne to fill that assuming Kleyn and Snyman are first choice and O'Shea leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

randomrb wrote: »
    In fairness I wouldn't judge any player from the game after they learned they are to be relegated

Really? I would. Surely that is your opportunity to shine, put yourself in the shop window? Because they are relegated does not mean they should stop trying, especially if they are looking for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

It's also very unfair to the clubs who have already played them and lost. Maybe all results against Saracens should be discounted now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭randomrb

It's also very unfair to the clubs who have already played them and lost. Maybe all results against Saracens should be discounted now.

Thats a deep rabbit hole to go down, should wasps get Elliot Daly back cause Saracens outbid them with cash over the cap?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Holland stays probably on a one year deal. Let him help bridge the gap between euro games and the under 20s lads from Waterford coming through. Need more than Fineen and Beirne to fill that assuming Kleyn and Snyman are first choice and O'Shea leaves.

any concrete news on Snyman and De Allende , or what is going on with the whole situation ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Fineen will probably get more opportunities at blindside. We're unlikely to lose both Beirne and Kleyn to Ireland and Snyman will be available all season.

Looking at those clips I do wonder why Snyman would ever leave Japan! The money is great by all accounts, the season is short and he's far too good against that level of opposition. Good ambition I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

Thats a deep rabbit hole to go down, should wasps get Elliot Daly back cause Saracens outbid them with cash over the cap?
    What I mean is that all the points from league games against Sarries should be cancelled for this season. A team could miss out on a European place/ playoff place because they faced full-bore Saracens as opposed to the weakened teams they're probably going to put out for the rest of the season

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

What I mean is that all the points from league games against Sarries should be cancelled for this season. A team could miss out on a European place/ playoff place because they faced full-bore Saracens as opposed to the weakened teams they're probably going to put out for the rest of the season

There's a thread dedicated to Saracens talk...............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Looking at those clips I do wonder why Snyman would ever leave Japan! The money is great by all accounts, the season is short and he's far too good against that level of opposition. Good ambition I guess.

Yep top players want to be challenging for silverware....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Any more word on the Irish qualifies saries fullback?

what about the IQ Racing full back

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭willit

slingerz wrote: »
    what about the IQ Racing full back

Reports linking him with a move to Major League Rugby next year. The team Basteraud is gone to in New York I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭bennyl10

willit wrote: »
    Reports linking him with a move to Major League Rugby next year. The team Basteraud is gone to in New York I believe.

reports from one LAD site as far as I can see.

The definition of a 'throw everything to the wall and something will stick' site

bennyl10 wrote: »

The definition of a 'throw everything to the wall and something will stick' site

I havnt been following things but he seems to have gotten less first team starts this season and is injured at the moment when he'd hoping to be picking up game time during the 6N.

He is also starting to look quite out of shape.

I wouldn't really be all that surprised if he went stateside, albeit there is no reliable source just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

He is also starting to look quite out of shape.

That's being very kind! He's looked out of shape for a while. Does not look like a pro back 3 player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Its the lure of the super size meals and appearing to be comparatively svelte again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

2smiggy wrote: »
    any concrete news on Snyman and De Allende , or what is going on with the whole situation ?

Nothing concrete, but lots of reports and strong hinting.

In an interview with Jones he says, “[De Allende] is a big guy who can do a number of things at a world class level. The reason he will be successful at Munster, regardless of the game plan or players around him, is because he works unbelievably hard."

(Talking about how the top teams have a wealth of international starters)
    “Munster have had four in Pete [O’Mahony], Keith [Earls], Conor [Murray] and CJ [Stander]. So these are two guys who will add to that for sure. They definitely will add to Munster and not just on their skill and playing ability but because they are incredibly hard workers.”

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/felix-jones-expects-de-allende-and-snyman-to-boost-munster-1.4145774

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Murray Kinsella also tweeted something about Snyman the other day along with something like "will bring a lot to Munster" so seemed to think it was a done deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭daddy pig

Probably half a dozen croissants if Zebo is involved

• Advertisement

Carbery playing away in Ireland camp going by the videos on IRFU TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Happy Friday everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Fecking hell, that's fairly handy!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Possibly our biggest signings since Dougie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

aloooof wrote: »

Bigger.

Current World Cup Winner.
    X2!

And also technically bigger as both men are giants

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

aloooof wrote: »

Have to wait and see how they perform but could be up there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Bad news for Irish rugby, good news for Munster in the short term but the long term. The identity of the province is really being watered down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

kilns wrote: »
    Bad news for Irish rugby, good news for Munster in the short term but the long term. The identity of the province is really being watered down

I must have missed the other provinces having all Irish eligible players.

Advertisement