Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway's traffic issues

Options
1495051525355»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭what_traffic

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Back on topic. I'd be keen for a congestion charge in Dublin City. How would people feel about one in Galway City? A reduced one for commercial vehicles and obviously none for residents.
    Public transport provision within the City and from Bearna, Moycullen, Headford, Claregalway and Oranmore would want to be substantially improved before going for the congestion charge option in Galway City.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,536 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Public transport provision within the City and from Bearna, Moycullen, Headford, Claregalway and Oranmore would want to be substantially improved before going for the congestion charge option in Galway City.

Yeah. Huge investment needed. Unpopular with a lot of non-city voters who'd rather sit in their cars for hours. Almost as unpopular as a congestion charge!!

Status quo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭timmyntc

You'd need to remove all roundabouts from the city - Kirwan, Fort Lorenzo, Behind Hospital, Cemetery cross and GMIT.
    Then turn all dual carriageway in city into 1 lane private traffic, 1 bus lane in both directions.
    Then run orbital buses from Barna/Knocknacarra along N6 terminating at Galway clinic/Oranmore.

Majority of commuters in city now have a fast traffic-free bus service to get them to & from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭xckjoo

John_Rambo wrote: »
    I've suggested he start a new thread castigating the Bike Bus, but he's insisting on polluting this thread.

Back on topic. I'd be keen for a congestion charge in Dublin City. How would people feel about one in Galway City? A reduced one for commercial vehicles and obviously none for residents.

Devils advocate but why none for residents? Surely the closer you are to the city the less likely you are to need a car

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

This thread is all over the shop.

We'll stop here and continue in the next one that will be along shortly, I'm sure.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement