Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

You are mistaken in this instance - at the point that she joined ISIS, membership of that organisation had not been made illegal. As such, she committed no crime by joining them. The law cannot be applied retrospectively.

Even if it were, would we describe execution without trial as a proportionate punishment? Again, a functioning justice system is one of those aspects of democracy that separates us from the likes of ISIS.

I find it very hard to believe that membership of a terrorist group is ok, if you joined before it got classified as such.

Surely every group that gets classified instantly has all its members in a state of breaking the law? I have never heard of any stories of people in groups being immune to arrest for membership while others aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

The Home Office said it would be a criminal offence to associate with or give financial backing to the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Isis).

June 2014

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-27865849

Girls join 2015

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/14/shamima-begum-friends-kadiza-sultana-amira-abase-joined-isis-syria

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

To be clear, I don't post here under any other username, and I haven't since 2014/2015.

You have now posted twice implying something (I'm not sure what) about me, so why not spell out directly what you're saying because I haven't done anything but disagree with you and point out the logical fallacies in your point of view.

It's not my fault that you've decided to play the man and not the ball.

You know what is being inferred

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

To be clear

I don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

Just read the full interview transcript there, she comes across as an emotionless sociopath devoid of any kind of remorse. The brass neck on her to even be asking the UK for help whilst not even pretending to be sorry, christ.

Also found it a little funny when she was talking about how she was glad she met her husband and said "I wouldn't have met someone like him in the UK", eh yeah cause they have terrorist watchlists to keep scum like him and hopefully you out of the country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Folkstonian

You are mistaken in this instance - at the point that she joined ISIS, membership of that organisation had not been made illegal. As such, she committed no crime by joining them. The law cannot be applied retrospectively.

Even if it were, would we describe execution without trial as a proportionate punishment? Again, a functioning justice system is one of those aspects of democracy that separates us from the likes of ISIS.

Actually, you are completely wrong. The information isn’t hard to find either. A 90 second search led me to a list of designated terrorist groups on an official U.K. govt web page,

IS was made a proscribed organisation by the Home Office in 2014. Any membership, association, financial assistance, logistical support etc is categorically unlawful and was unlawful at the time that this girl - well above the age of criminal responsibility - carried out her carefully pre-meditated journey to Syria to join a band of wicked, murderous fascists engaged in the systematic butchering of Christians, Yazidis, prisoners of war, western aid workers and journalists among others.

Did you bother doing any research before posting or does accuracy and authenticity not matter for professional contrarians?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭aloneforever99

Actually, you are completely wrong. The information isn’t hard to find either. A 90 second search led me to a list of designated terrorist groups on an official U.K. govt web page,

IS was made a proscribed organisation by the Home Office in 2014. Any membership, association, financial assistance, logistical support etc is categorically unlawful and was unlawful at the time that this girl - well above the age of criminal responsibility - carried out her carefully pre-meditated journey to Syria to join a band of wicked, murderous fascists engaged in the systematic butchering of Christians, Yazidis, prisoners of war, western aid workers and journalists among others.

Did you bother doing any research before posting or does accuracy and authenticity not matter for professional contrarians?

Okay, I'm wrong about that. Hands up.

Many of my points stand i.e. that a functioning justice system that doesn't execute people without trial is a part of what makes a democracy a democracy.

I literally just rejoined boards today and most of my interaction has been in Personal Issues, but okay I'm a professional contrarian, that happened fast. Does accuracy and authenticity matter to you?

Edgware wrote: »
    You know what is being inferred

I do. And I would prefer Gatling came out and said it explicitly instead of inferring it. If he's accusing me of something, he should come out and say it.

This kind of BS is exactly why I left Boards a few years ago. Gatling doesn't agree with me but rather than dispute the points I'm making and have an intelligent, civil exchange of views, he'd rather cast aspersions.

It's a remarkably childish way of having a conversation and I would have thought a poster with 20k+ views would know better. Reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭gw80

On a similar subject, President Trump has demanded that Europe take back up to 800 captured ISIS fighters the Americans have in custody or they will have to set them free, I think a better idea would be to drop some napalm into these prison camps, job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Perifect wrote: »
    Has she ever set foot here?

You still don't get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,037 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Gatling wrote: »
    Just to correct an assumption here.

This piece of crap is in a camp in northern Syria not Lebanon

So leave her to the Syrians or Kurds
    and if the kurds and syrians say no? what then?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

gw80 wrote: »
    I think a better idea would be to drop some napalm into these prison camps, job done.

And the next iteration of Al Qaeda / ISIS will have that video to show their next generation of recruits to prove to them how cruel and barbaric the West is...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭SeanW

So who should kill her, and on for what crimes? (Kill is what you mean when you say eliminate, let's speak plainly.)
    and if the kurds and syrians say no as they have decided they don't want foreign terrorists to be left to them to deal with?
    There is no need for her to return to the West because she has undoubtedly committed or participated in crimes against the Syrian people. As such, any of the governments in Syria, whether the Assad regime or the Syrian Democratic Forces, are to my mind, entitled to seek justice against her if they so choose. If the Kurds or the Assad regime decide to put a rifle to the back of her head, that's their right because she participated in crimes against their people. It's also the handiest solution for everyone.

Say no they don't want justice ??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

gw80 wrote: »
    On a similar subject, President Trump has demanded that Europe take back up to 800 captured ISIS fighters the Americans have in custody or they will have to set them free, I think a better idea would be to drop some napalm into these prison camps, job done.

Ariel Sharon would approve.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

My two cents.

No assistance whatsoever should be provided

If somehow she shows up at the Uk border either refuse her entry and send her back to Syria or else arrest and max security prison for the rest of her sad life.

Say no they don't want justice ??

whatever they say no to doing. if it means they refuse to deal with foreign terrorists, what happens then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Say no to what?
    She said she has no problem with people being beheaded alive, she’s a total psycho

whatever they say no to doing.

It's highly unlikely they won't seek retribution and justice

Unless you might know something the world doesn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Perifect

backspin. wrote: »
    You still don't get it.

I do. She's no danger to us.

• Advertisement

I do. She's no danger to us.

Based off what exactly

Based off what exactly

Has she ever set foot in Ireland?

Has she ever set foot in Ireland?

No but we have plenty of Isis supporters and recruits here so yeah she's a threat to us

No but we have plenty of Isis supporters and recruits here so yeah she's a threat to us

Do you mean they are a threat to us? Because she's zero threat to us.

Do you mean they are a threat to us

They are a threat to us .

Don't bother with the but ,but,but nonsense

Next

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

why does she want to get into UK so bad ?

the way she describes she wants to drop off her kid to HSE and fckoff back to sand dunes or whatever hole she was in, as clearly those 4 years was like she imagined and id say she hates west so why not go into pakistan or some other middle east country where wearing bin bag on head is acceptable and live her dream life.

Since habiballkaba goes British as far as paper she holds, and clearly western society isn't something she approves off. As id imagine she would be more dazzed here then seeing cut off heads of innocent people in a bucket.

So why do people that hate guts of the west want to come into EU and practice their ****ty religion and medieval beliefs here ?

They are a threat to us .

Don't bother with the but ,but,but nonsense

Next

Oh ok, we're agreed she's not a threat to us.

It's highly unlikely they won't seek retribution and justice

Unless you might know something the world doesn't

even so, if they decide that they don't want to be the ones to have to carry out that justice, they decide that the country of origine can deal with their own terrorists instead of someone else, what happens? what i believe will happen is those terrorists will end up having to go back to their country of origine anyway. so, what say you? what do you think would happen in the situation i have mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭gw80

And the next iteration of Al Qaeda / ISIS will have that video to show their next generation of recruits to prove to them how cruel and barbaric the West is...
    As opposed to housing them altogether in a prison to grow stronger and form another ISIS like group,like they did in Iraq when they were housed together in prison and formed ISIS only this time they will be operating on European soil,

• Advertisement

scamalert wrote: »
    why does she want to get into UK so bad ?

because that is where she is from.
    the way she describes she wants to drop off her kid to HSE and fckoff back to sand dunes or whatever hole she was in?

that maybe but it's irrelevant. if she turns up in the uk then they are obligated to keep her.
    as clearly those 4 years was like she imagined and id say she hates west so why not go into pakistan or some other middle east country where wearing bin bag on head is acceptable and live her dream life.?

because she's not from a middle eastern country and i'd imagine those countries won't want her which is quite understandable really. also muslim people don't wear binbags on their head. they wear the hijab or the other face covering.
    Since habiballkaba goes British as far as paper she holds, and clearly western society isn't something she approves off. As id imagine she would be more dazzed here then seeing cut off heads of innocent people in a bucket.

she is both british on paper and british in fact. you may not like it but that is how it is .
    So why do people that hate guts of the west want to come into EU and practice their ****ty religion and medieval beliefs here ?

perhapse you could ask them yourself? that would be the best way of getting an answer to your question.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement