Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turn down two houses and you're off the list

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Know her all my life, no reason to lie to me

Said was offered apartment in Dublin suburb, went to view it, looks really nice but too far from where she wants

Said she had difficulties but managed to get that area removed from her preference list and now just wanting in City Centre

Apartment , I misread your post , I thought you meant apartments , more than one offer .
    You get one offer off Iveagh trust , if you refuse it , that's it.

Like I said I don't doubt you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Hold on one minute.

We’re talikng about hotels.

You don’t get turfed out during the day.

I heard Eoghan Murphy stating the other day that they have got the average time spent in emergency accommodation down to 3 months until your moved onto permanent housing.

Let’s stop the denial, once you go homeless you are looked at as priority.

Sure Margaret Cash got her house in Tallaght a few weeks ago.

There are various emergency accomodation "solutions" offered.

Even if you do get "a hotel" you aren't considered a normal guest in terms of rules a lot of the time.

You won't have full access to areas of the hotel that other normal guests have.

So it would be unsurprising to me if you were indeed told leave the hotel at a certain time each morning.

Your hotel i suspect would frequently be of a type that would attract BAD trip advisor reports by the lorry load.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

And if their source of income is the free money from the dole or the free childrens allowance for their sixteen kids by 14 different fathers??

even in that extreme situation, the house is still not free.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Old diesel wrote: »
    There are various emergency accomodation "solutions" offered.

Even if you do get "a hotel" you aren't considered a normal guest in terms of rules a lot of the time.

You won't have full access to areas of the hotel that other normal guests have.

So it would be unsurprising to me if you were indeed told leave the hotel at a certain time each morning.

Your hotel i suspect would frequently be of a type that would attract BAD trip advisor reports by the lorry load.

Clayton hotel at the airport roundabout is full of homeless having breakfast each morning, and socializing at night in the bar.

It is a 4 star hotel.

So you suspect wrong sorry.

Or the Gresham in town which have homeless.

Yeah you’re wrong sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Maldron off Dorset st

Adult slobs blocking the main entrance smoking as their little angle is going crazy a few metres away, resulting in the mother effing and blinding at him

So welcoming for any real customers arriving

• Advertisement

Maldron off Dorset st

Adult slobs blocking the main entrance smoking as their little angle is going crazy a few metres away, resulting in the mother effing and blinding at him

Most vulnerable in society.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Clayton hotel at the airport roundabout is full of homeless having breakfast each morning, and socializing at night in the bar.

It is a 4 star hotel.

Yeah you’re wrong sorry.

And how can you tell who in the bar or in the restuarant is homeless.

Of course not EVERY hotel used is a kip.

As for the Gresham the new owners running the place wanted the homeless gone the last I heard. Did they change policy again.....

Old diesel wrote: »
    And how can you tell who in the bar or in the restuarant is homeless.

Of course not EVERY hotel used is a kip.

Pyjamas.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Some hotels have curfew, not allowed in 'public' areas, segregated dining room, not allowed make noise in corridors (like talk to your neightbour).
    I think that the Regency doesn't even allow use of the front door, but I've only heard that and open to correction.
    Also, you are restricted as to what belongings you can have in your room and if there is something they don't like, it can be confiscated.

Policy in different hotels tend to differ and change based on the trouble in them.

It is a 4 star hotel.

Yeah you’re wrong sorry.

well no he isn't. there have been a number of stories of homeless guests in some hotels being treated very differently to the other guests. 2 hotels who treat all guests the same does not prove the poster's statement wrong as a whole, just that all hotels housing homeless guests don't operate in the same way as each other in terms of treating some guests differently to others.

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Some hotels have curfew, not allowed in 'public' areas, segregated dining room, not allowed make noise in corridors (like talk to your neightbour).
    I think that the Regency doesn't even allow use of the front door, but I've only heard that and open to correction.
    Also, you are restricted as to what belongings you can have in your room and if there is something they don't like, it can be confiscated.

Policy in different hotels tend to differ and change based on the trouble in them.

Not surprised re the regency

Google some of the scum that have stayed there and ended up in court for stabbing and criminal damage

****ing animals

Maldron off Dorset st

those people standing at the door are ultimately real customers as well. the government are paying for them to be in the hotel, but ultimately it's no different to an employer paying for an employee to stay over night in a hotel. the guest is having their room bill paid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Who cares who's in what hotel.

I wouldn't want to live in , or raise my kids in a hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/bonnington-hotel-resident-reveals-horrific-14670992
    Doesn't sound great, even for free.

Imagine some poor, unsuspecting tourists showing up in the place.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/bonnington-hotel-resident-reveals-horrific-14670992
    Doesn't sound great, even for free.

Imagine some poor, unsuspecting tourists showing up in the place.

Was that before or after the “homeless” moved in? Wonder if the mattresses and fixture and fittings were fine beforehand....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

18th May 2018, not sure how long they have had homeless staying there.

Off topic, 1,024, I love that number

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

People describing hotels as hell on Earth. For gods sake.
    Just to clarify this; homeless hotels are often places that were once hotels, and are still classed as hotels, but are no longer hotels. They can be just buildings with rooms where people don't have kitchens. Leaving them classed as hotels means that they don't need kitchen facilities that would be a minimum in apartments. Likewise when people are housed in homeless hostels and B&B's.

Although actual hotels/hostels/B&B's do take in homeless from time to time, the difference is that they still take in tourists; the homeless hotels wouldn't, and wouldn't have done so for quite some time.
    those people standing at the door are ultimately real customers as well. the government are paying for them to be in the hotel, but ultimately it's no different to an employer paying for an employee to stay over night in a hotel. the guest is having their room bill paid for.
    Actually, it can be different. Government are most likely paying a bulk flat rate, whereas an employees employer would have to pay the weekend rate at the weekend.

Advertisement