Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube announces it will no longer recommend conspiracy videos

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

You failed to answer any question....

I have not failed to answer your question.

This is what the US holocaust memorial says.

510201.png

They used pre war population stats to determine the death rate. Why numbers am i using?

If I'm reading Cheerful correctly, he's outright denying that Jewish people in particular were targeted by Nazis... Honestly the levels of historical ignorance is astounding.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

nullzero wrote: »
    I'll post whatever you like once you can substantiate what you said about me, with quotes from me after the comments Cheerful spring made about "dissappearing" Jews. Fair enough?
    Nah. I'm good. You're dodging the question again. That's all I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,364 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

King Mob wrote: »
    Then if that's the case, a good way to clear it up would have been to admit that you were wrong when he exposed himself as a holocaust denier to you.
    Or maybe answer questions directly.

What was I wrong about?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,364 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

King Mob wrote: »
    Nah. I'm good. You're dodging the question again. That's all I need.

You're dodging my question.

What makes you immune to answering questions?

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

You were asked in a previous post if you believed "the Jews" deliberately over-inflated the numbers of Jewish dead during the Holocaust

You replied with yes

Is that true?

Do you still have that belief?

This is what the US holocaust memorial says.

510201.png

They used pre war population stats to determine the death rate. Why numbers am i using?

Cheerful. You are not reading what that said.
    It says it relies on "a variety of sources".

Don't quote the Holocaust memorial as if it supports you...

If I'm reading Cheerful correctly, he's outright denying that Jewish people in particular were targeted by Nazis... Honestly the levels of historical ignorance is astounding.

Where the six million number come from exactly. When I ask people this they refuse to answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Do you agree that cheerful.is a holocaust denier?

Where the six million number come from exactly. When I ask people this they refuse to answer?

You've asked this question countless times, and every time it's answered

It comes from modern historians, the historical consensus. Constantly rejecting this answer doesn't make it "not true".

• Advertisement

What was I wrong about?
    That cheerful wasn't a holocaust denier and was just suggesting differences in methods of Jewish deaths.

But I have answered your question.
    What you accuse me of saying and what I've actually said are two different things.

You keep complaining about others doing that, yet repeatedly do the same thing.
    That game is silly and I'm done playing it.

You haven't directly stated that cheerful is a holocaust denier. I believe that this is a very petty attempt to avoid admitting your mistake in attempting to defend him before you snookered yourself.
    I think that if we haven't nailed you down to a definition of what holocaust denial was, you'd still be arguing that cheerful wasn't a holocaust denier and his opinion was acceptable.
    After all, like you said "he isn't totally denying the holocaust happened."

Cheerful, the quote you posted the holocaust memorial answers that question directly.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    You've asked this question countless times, and every time it's answered

It comes from modern historians, the historical consensus. Constantly rejecting this answer doesn't make it "not true".

Is this your source?

510202.png

Explain, how exactly they got those numbers? Detail and be concise.

Is this your source?

No. Do you understand what historical consensus is?

Decades of historical research. Like Reitlinger, but involving countless historians, not just one

This has also been explained to you many times.

It's very consistent that you "not getting" these basic concepts also facilitates your denial

Is this your source?

510202.png

Cheerful, what does the rest of that passage say?

No. Do you understand what historical consensus is?

Why don't you reveal how they arrived at that number exactly, provide something new to discuss?

Why don't you reveal how they arrived at that number exactly, provide something?

Decades of historical research..

Why do you keep trying to play this "prove it to me, I'll never accept it" card again

You claimed you'd make a genuine attempt to look up this information, but you haven't, you've gone straight back to this toxic Holocaust denial stuff

Why don't you reveal how they arrived at that number exactly, provide something?
    But they do. You quoted it directly.
    :confused:

How do you arrive at the numbers for the 2 million Jewish people who weren't killed by the nazis? Where's your evidence for those claims?

Decades of historical research..

Why do you keep trying to play this "prove it to me, I'll never accept it" card again

You claimed you'd make a genuine attempt to look up this information, but you haven't, you've gone straight back to this toxic Holocaust denial stuff

Why is it so hard for you to provide that research here?

You want us to provide hundreds of books and research papers on the subject, in here, how?

You want a summary? sure, any encyclopedia or historical site will provide this

Do you want links to these summaries/overviews? how many do you want?

• Advertisement

You want us to provide hundreds of books and research papers on the subject, in here, how?

Lol. Maybe a good place to start could be a historic educational site like the US holocaust memorial museum...

https://www.ushmm.org/

:pac:

We have provided that research to you repeatedly.
    I think the issue here is you believe that "research" means a link to a single article or a youtube video that would convince you.

However, real historians and experts don't do research like you do...

You don't really do research. You watch youtube and pretend to be an expert.

In reply to your question, yes. Show me precisely how they arrived at that number. I revealed what I think went on. You say no I Am wrong. Prove me wrong?

Funny when you ask for historian research. You receive back nothing but links to the opening page of a Website. Is that most you have progressed with learning? What this deep knowledge of the Holocaust based upon?

I revealed what I think went on. You say no I Am wrong. Prove me wrong?
    No you haven't. You're lying again.
    You made several anti-historical claims about the whereabouts of 2 million people. You did not provide any evidence or historical backing for these claims. I believe this is because you dreamed up those claims to support your silly holocaust denial.
    Then when challenged to provide such evidence, you ran away again.

You've been provided with the resources to learn about the actual history. However you reject all that as a Jewish plot because you've been suckered in by neo-nazi propaganda.

Again, you are making a show of yourself and conspiracy theorists.
    Please continue.

Funny when you ask for historian research.You receive back nothing but links to the opening page of a Website.

Because that's a summary of all the research on the subject.
    What this deep knowledge of the Holocaust based upon?

Countless historians, researchers, scholars and academics researching every aspect of the Holocaust.

Is this your source?

510202.png

Did you not read the website that you got that from? Why only post that small snippet?

https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/article/documenting-numbers-of-victims-of-the-holocaust-and-nazi-persecution
    The Holocaust was the systematic, bureaucratic, state-sponsored persecution and murder of six million Jewish men, women and children by the Nazi regime and its collaborators. 

They even explain on the site how they reached those numbers yet you seem.to have difficulty understanding this
    To accurately estimate the extent of human losses, scholars, Jewish organizations, and governmental agencies since the 1940s have relied on a variety of different records, such as census reports, captured German and Axis archives, and postwar investigations, to compile these statistics. As more documents come to light or as scholars arrive at a more precise understanding of the Holocaust, estimates of human losses may change.

The single most important thing to keep in mind when attempting to document numbers of victims of the Holocaust is that no one master list of those who perished exists anywhere in the world.

What follow are the current best estimates of civilians and captured soldiers killed by the Nazi regime and its collaborators.

These estimates are calculated from wartime reports generated by those who implemented Nazi population policy, and postwar demographic studies on population loss during World War II.

Countless historians, researchers, scholars and academics researching every aspect of the Holocaust.
    Well they're all obviously wrong cause cheerful has read two pages out of a 70 year old book.

In reply to your question, yes. Show me precisely how they arrived at that number. I revealed what I think went on. You say no I Am wrong. Prove me wrong?

So your "proof" is that you "think" that this is what happened and that should be enough.

But you will dismiss over 70 years of research and evidence unless you are shown "precisely how they arrived at that number"

• Advertisement

Why only post that small snippet?

It's just another example of the endless dishonesty, cropping information, "playing dumb", never going and getting the information that's readily available, asking the same answered questions, demanding people "prove the Holocaust" - rejecting it anyway.

Advertisement