Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Health Simon Harris and family trapped in home by protesters.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

theguzman wrote: »
    A far right Dictatorship is what is needed, democracy doesn't work because it allows stupid people to be manipulated by the left-wing media. Look at China and its success because it is proof that Democracy is actually the problem. We don't have a democracy, we are an oligarchy, taxes at over 75% (add everything up and then add in Inheritance tax).

Look at Hungary and Visegrad countries for to see how their countries are booming under the far right, similarly in the US under Trump things are booming.

So under Obama they were crap right everything was low and suddenly on that night in November or January things went from down to up. Please pray tell what has he done for the ordinary worker. Now don't mistake this for saying things are great here because that is visibly not true and those other countries you have the proof

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

So under Obama they were crap right everything was low and suddenly on that night in November or January things went from down to up. Please pray tell what has he done for the ordinary worker. Now don't mistake this for saying things are great here because that is visibly not true and those other countries you have the proof

Obama was a good man and alot of the current boom is as a result of steps he took.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

A far right Dictatorship is what is needed, democracy doesn't work because it allows stupid people to be manipulated by the left-wing media. Look at China and its success because it is proof that Democracy is actually the problem. We don't have a democracy, we are an oligarchy, taxes at over 75% (add everything up and then add in Inheritance tax).

Look at Hungary and Visegrad countries for to see how their countries are booming under the far right, similarly in the US under Trump things are booming.

That’s not answering the question.

Who in Ireland can replace them at the present?

You want them booted out so put up the alternative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

lbc2019 wrote:
    yawn some of the wannabe political commentary here is straight out of a student SW paper...

This is After Hours, if you want proper political discussion go to the Politics Forum or the Politics Café.

Obama was a good man and alot of the current boom is as a result of steps he took.

If you read my post you be seeing I was disagreeing on Trump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,528 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

theguzman wrote:

All you need to do is ban social media and things will improve massively.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,208 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

This is After Hours, if you want proper political discussion go to the Politics Forum or the Politics Café.

You certainly won't get proper political discussion in the Cafe and the main forum is hit or miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Prehaps, but the poster I responded to seems disappointed in the level of political discourse here. This is meant to be a light hearted forum.

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

Would a Elvis song be appropriate at this time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Would a Elvis song be appropriate at this time?

Old Shep?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Hungary and the Visegrad countries are subsidised by the EU.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 139 ✭✭alexmalalex

I just heard about this now. Like others have said, totally unacceptable behavior.

BUT I don't like the way Harris has capitalised upon the story. It should not have been reported in the national media.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

Shame they didn't get to Sean FitzPatrick's house first.

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

dd973 wrote: »
    They didn’t have the eircode.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I just heard about this now. Like others have said, totally unacceptable behavior.

BUT I don't like the way Harris has capitalised upon the story. It should not have been reported in the national media.

Don't you think the protesters would like to have it reported in the media?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Denis O'Brien's media are pretty much the government press office.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 195 ✭✭GAA Beo

FutureGuy wrote: »
    And it's all his fault? Because he busted a gut to get where he is in life? Because he inherited a ****ing disaster of a healthcare system.

Maybe some of the hundreds and thousands didn't bother to work hard, educate themselves and get on with life. Stuck in dead-end jobs or unemployed because that is exactly where they deserve to be for the effort they put in.

But no. Blame Simon. Because that's easy.
    Busted a gut? Simon Harris doesn't even have a college degree. He joined Fine Gael as a teenager and kissed as much arse as possible to make it to the top. You don't seem to have any knowledge of party politics. Simon Harris was one of the most pro life TD's in Dail Eireann until the wind changed then he became one of the most pro abortion people in Ireland.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 195 ✭✭GAA Beo

sabat wrote: »
    Denis O'Brien's media are pretty much the government press office.
    The amount of "journalists" hired by Fine Gael ministers as "press advisors" only confirms this. They clearly have no shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

dd973 wrote: »
    They didn’t have the eircode.
    I think you misspelled couldn't read there.

At least he had the balls to try.

I can see an election slogan coming out this.

"Fine Gael as sh1t as *Fianna Fáil But at least we try"

* Replace with SF, pbp etcetc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

GAA Beo wrote: »
    Busted a gut? Simon Harris doesn't even have a college degree. He joined Fine Gael as a teenager and kissed as much arse as possible to make it to the top. You don't seem to have any knowledge of party politics. Simon Harris was one of the most pro life TD's in Dail Eireann until the wind changed then he became one of the most pro abortion people in Ireland.

In fairness to Harris, he's not the first politician to have a Damascene moment in relation to abortion. There are very few ideologues in the Dail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

lbc2019 wrote: »
    yawn some of the wannabe political commentary here is straight out of a student SW paper...

Indeed...
    lbc2019 wrote: »
    most are looney tunes. Harris is a decent one.

ricero wrote: »
    Harris was the champion of the pc liberal brigade during the abortion referendum and he was loving the spotlight and finally being popular.

No everyone can see his incompetence. Swings and roundabouts.

Like Leo, he was there at the time. Champion my arse.
    In fact that's Leo's political career in a nutshell, "I was there at the time".

And who to replace them??????

Me. I think I'd do better. I wouldn't lie about over spends on projects for one. Or we could draw lots?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,208 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Me. I think I'd do better. I wouldn't lie about over spends on projects for one. Or we could draw lots?

We could end up with the project not happening at all or costing €3 bn if we drew lots.

Why not because it might bring some pity to a politician well that's on the protestors. They wanted it to be reported thinking everyone will be on our side as it's against the politicans.

blanch152 wrote: »
    We could end up with the project not happening at all or costing €3 bn if we drew lots.

There is have been people suggesting because it will cost so much we should stop building and chose another place. As if somehow we can get back the money already put in. Put what is already done magically to the new area and it will cause less

blanch152 wrote: »

Sorta where we are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

GAA Beo wrote: »

He has a BA in Journalism, not exactly preparing him for life as Minister for Health but he has it none the less

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Green&Red wrote: »
    He has a BA in Journalism, not exactly preparing him for life as Minister for Health but he has it none the less

He dropped out I believe. He interned with Frances Fitzgerald when she was a senator and she became his political patron.

Advertisement