Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate Agent giving incorrect details

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Offer the asking price and you can avoid all this nonsense. Put yourself in the vendors shoes.

Imagine having your car advertised for 20k and people offer you 10k for it, you wouldn't take them seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,890 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Offer the asking price and you can avoid all this nonsense. Put yourself in the vendors shoes.

As far as I can make out OP did offer asking price. Offer wasn't accepted. Seller has stuck to their guns for months now. They feel they will get a higher price. Its not unusual for sales to exceed the asking price.

Imagine that is right, I may back to school.

OP, vendor wants to get as much as they can and obviously aren't in a rush. Hang in there. The EA wants to sell it and assuming their fee is 1.5% it's not really in their interest to drag it out unless they feel it will far exceed the asking.

I'm sure the EA is trying to convince the vendor to take the offer, unless of course viewers are aware of your offer and are still keen on viewing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭20/20

GreeBo wrote: »
    I hope you don't rely on gambling as your income.
    The estate agent wants to sell to us, they know wet are serious as we sold our last house so we wouldn't be in a chain. This had been going on for months waiting for the vendor to do something. Proof of funds etc was all done months ago. The agent has advised the vendor to accept our offer on numerous occasions, including the offer@ asking.

This isn't my first or second for that matter house purchase.

The EA works for the vendor and tells them what the house is worth. The EA also tells the vendor what he can achieve as an asking price.
    Why do you think the EA wants to sell to you for 65k less. ?
    The house sale is only about four months into the process, and considering asking price is excess of a million. How many people in the whole of Ireland are sitting around waiting in that price bracket, of course its going to take a long time. I think if I was selling a home in excess of a million I would probably wait over a year to get in all the best offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

20/20 wrote: »
    The EA works for the vendor and tells them what the house is worth. The EA also tells the vendor what he can achieve as an asking price.
    Why do you think the EA wants to sell to you for 65k less. ?
    The house sale is only about four months into the process, and considering asking price is excess of a million. How many people in the whole of Ireland are sitting around waiting in that price bracket, of course its going to take a long time. I think if I was selling a home in excess of a million I would probably wait over a year to get in all the best offers.

Another one. The previous highest offer was €65k less, the op then upped it to asking. Read the op.

Because we are the only bidder and made the bid (with conditions) on Wednesday. We were in touch yesterday evening and nothing had changed so withdrew our offer and reverted to our previous offer.
    This morning got we someone else to enquire and they were told about an offer @ asking.

This is Friday how quickly does she think things will happen. Her offer was Wednesday and withdrawn on Thursday.

The asking price was offered, then rejected, so the highest offer so far has been the asking, the agent is correct to state it is the current offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

The asking price was offered, then rejected, so the highest offer so far has been the asking, the agent is correct to state it is the current offer.

Not “current”, just the highest offer received, that is the op’s point.

• Advertisement

The agent has received that offer, it still stands (let's be honest), they aren't breaking any PSRA rules. You can't unwrite a PSRA offer sheet.

Ranting on boards.ie isn't going to get the deal over the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Any link for the advert ?

liam7831 wrote: »
    Any link for the advert ?

I would also love to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,053 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

The agent has received that offer, it still stands (let's be honest), they aren't breaking any PSRA rules. You can't unwrite a PSRA offer sheet.

Ranting on boards.ie isn't going to get the deal over the line.

Frsnkly since you clearly haven't bothered to read the thread, I'm going to ignore anything you have to say.

Frsnkly since you clearly haven't bothered to read the thread, I'm going to ignore anything you have to say.

But you didn't..

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    As far as I can make out OP did offer asking price. Offer wasn't accepted. Seller has stuck to their guns for months now. They feel they will get a higher price. Its not unusual for sales to exceed the asking price.

Other than myself all other bidders have dropped out leaving me as highest bidder but still below asking.
    Vendor said they would not accept below asking so stalemate for over 2 months. House had been on the market since oct.

This week i offered asking contingent on them going sale agreed.

Did not hear back either way on this but house is on view this weekend so i withdrew my offer of asking.

Agent is telling anyone who enquires that the house has a bid of the asking on it.

I'm pissed off that the vendor is now holding out for more, but there is nothing i can do about that, as i said above, thats their perogative.

However the agent is lying to people and i feel there should be something i can do about that.

Some people on the thread are wrongly confusing the two issues which are separate.

GreeBo You do not know for sure if the agent is lying.
    The agent may have had people lined up for viewing before you made the offer, so they still want to see how this pans out.
    Maybe the EA will get back in touch next week to see if your still interested.
    All is not lost until the sale agreed sign goes up .

20/20 wrote: »
    GreeBo You do not know for sure if the agent is lying.
    The agent may have had people lined up for viewing before you made the offer, so they still want to see how this pans out.
    Maybe the EA will get back in touch next week to see if your still interested.
    All is not lost until the sale agreed sign goes up .

You are still missing the point.
    They are not lying to me, they are lying to everyone else by telling them i have an outstanding offer @asking.
    I don't and there is no-one else with an offer.

Its an open viewing.

GreeBo wrote:
    However the agent is lying to people and i feel there should be something i can do about that.

You don't know that for sure. You didn't know that others were interested & you can't possibly know as fact that no one has offered asking price. You have no way of knowing that the estate agent is lying & certainly no way to prove it.

You tried to force the sellers hand & it backfired on you. You couldn't have known that your timing was awful. Estate agent had interested people at the moment you made your demands. Estate agents didn't magical summon these people out of thin air after you made your demand. You were unlucky in your timing.

Seller doesn't seem to be in as much of a hurry as you are. Seller could be happy to leave it on the market for another six months. I assume that you're looking at other properties. One of these might pan out for you.

You don't know that for sure. You didn't know that others were interested & you can't possibly know as fact that no one has offered asking price. You have no way of knowing that the estate agent is lying & certainly no way to prove it.

You tried to force the sellers hand & it backfired on you. You couldn't have known that your timing was awful. Estate agent had interested people at the moment you made your demands. Estate agents didn't magical summon these people out of thin air after you made your demand. You were unlucky in your timing.

Seller doesn't seem to be in as much of a hurry as you are. Seller could be happy to leave it on the market for another six months. I assume that you're looking at other properties. One of these might pan out for you.

unless someone made an offer after 5pm but before 9am the net morning then it's my offer they are telling people about.

They also would have wasted no time in telling me there wad another bidder as it's in their interests to get another bid from me.

Finally they wouldn't have told me they were advising the vendor to take my offer @ asking when i made it if there was another interested party.

• Advertisement

The agent is likely telling all enquiring parties that an offer of the asking has been rejected.

If you are pissed off with the agent and vendor then I hope you don't get whatever price you are looking for when it comes to selling.

The agent is likely telling all enquiring parties that an offer of the asking has been rejected.

If you are pissed off with the agent and vendor then I hope you don't get whatever price you are looking for when it comes to selling.

thanks for proving you don't read the thread.

Agent is telling people that the current offer is@ asking.

I have no idea what you are referring to about selling. Seelling what exactly?

GreeBo wrote:
    unless someone made an offer after 5pm but before 9am the net morning then it's my offer they are telling people about.

Yes they could have gotten an offer in this time scale. Can you prove otherwise?
    GreeBo wrote:
    They also would have wasted no time in telling me there wad another bidder as it's in their interests to get another bid from me.

This is your opinion & not fact
    GreeBo wrote:
    Finally they wouldn't have told me they were advising the vendor to take my offer @ asking when i made it if there was another interested party.

Again you opinion

You also stated that there is an open house, tomorrow I think. They only hold open houses if people are interested & have stated an interest. Usually an open house isn't planned on the Wednesday before the Saturday viewing. I'd imagine it's been relisted or the listing updated a week or so ago.

Based on your posts it looks like there has been interested people before you made your demand & the open house planned before it too. I just don't see where the estate agent could have gotten interested people in & planned the open house after your demand on Wednesday. It doesn't seem to make sense to me

thanks for proving you don't read the thread.

Agent is telling people that the current offer is@ asking.

I have no idea what you are referring to about selling. Seelling what exactly?

Selling this house if you somehow end up buying it.

The agent is telling people the offer is at asking because the asking price has been offered? And the vendor rejected it.

If you really wanted the house it doesn't make sense to 'revoke' your offer. Seems like you are just wasting the agents, the vendors, and your own time.

Yes they could have gotten an offer in this time scale. Can you prove otherwise?

This is your opinion & not fact

Again you opinion

You also stated that there is an open house, tomorrow I think. They only hold open houses if people are interested & have stated an interest. Usually an open house isn't planned on the Wednesday before the Saturday viewing. I'd imagine it's been relisted or the listing updated a week or so ago.

Based on your posts it looks like there has been interested people before you made your demand & the open house planned before it too. I just don't see where the estate agent could have gotten interested people in & planned the open house after your demand on Wednesday. It doesn't seem to make sense to me

No.
    The vendor had asked for 2 open viewings in Feb since before Christmas.

Selling this house if you somehow end up buying it.

The agent is telling people the offer is at asking because the asking price has been offered? And the vendor rejected it.

If you really wanted the house it doesn't make sense to 'revoke' your offer. Seems like you are just wasting the agents, the vendors, and your own time.

You are wasting everyone's time because you either can't or won't read the thread.

You are wasting everyone's time because you either can't or won't read the thread.

I have read the thread..

Go to the viewing, see how much interest there is.

No interest, let your offer stand.

Loads of interest, either up your offer or walk away and keep looking.

If you really feel you have been hard done by, complain to the PSRA, not boardsies.

GreeBo wrote:
    No. The vendor had asked for 2 open viewings in Feb since before Christmas.

So you don't believe that anyone will be at the viewing so? Who exactly is the estate agents telling that they have an offer for the asking price if no one is interested in the property?

You believe that you are the only person interested. If this is the case they'll be back to you eventually.

I suggest looking at other homes while you are waiting for them to come back to you. Keep your opinions open. Put this one out of your mind for awhile & destress

GreeBo wrote:
    No. The vendor had asked for 2 open viewings in Feb since before Christmas.

This is another indicator that vendor is in no hurry. No viewings in January

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I'd get a friend to go to the open viewing and put in a slightly lower bid than yours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement