Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai cricitise paedophile hunters

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

tigger123 wrote: »
    They're doing it live on Facebook so their friends and families can see their heroic and selfless actions. It's being done for social status.
    Don't forget the likes, it is all about the likes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

The nonce doesn’t know it’s an adult.

How do you know?

You dont. Same as the pedo hunters dont.

Are you in favour of vigilantism for other crimes? Do you think due process should just be binned?

I see a story today in the Daily Mail whereby 2 men who raped and murdered a young boy in the Yemen were taken out in front of a baying crowd and shot in the back. Is that how you think civilised societies should be handling criminals?

So you are a paedo defender. That is disgusting.

No one on this thread is defending the actions of a pedo - although you are dying to see pedo defenders at every turn.

What is being pointed out is that these disgusting "pedo hunters" are also offensive.

Frankly I wouldnt like either a pedo or a so called pedo hunter in my family or as a neighbour. The pedo hunters are just getting off on getting likes on FB etc.. Theyre basically people who have found an outlet that has made it "semi" acceptable to entrap and intimidate someone in public for likes. If it wasnt child molestors it would be some other "out" group.

Dont be so naive as to think that these people are doing a public service. If anything they are making it more difficult for the cops to catch pedos because they are alerting the whole world to their entrapment methods and causing a lot of people to get off on technicalities.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,040 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So you are a paedo defender. That is disgusting.

Ugh....how did I know you would miss the point deliberately and entirely? The post you replied to wasn't about pedophiles. It didn't even contain the word pedophile. Not everyone who disagrees with you as automatically some sort of "pedo defender", for ****'s sake.

So you are denfending the right to demand the private thoughts of private citizens? THAT'S disgusting.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Which is all well and good until they turn up outside Mr weldoninhio's house, no 10 the crescent like they did in the programme the other night, telling all and sundry that Mr weldoninhio is a filthy kiddy fiddler when it's actually Mr weldoninhir who lives in no 10 the avenue that they were really after, but hey think of the kids.

These groups do not turn up to houses. They get the nonces into public places then confront them with the evidence they have, live on Facebook to make sure that nothing untoward goes on.
    That's exactly what they did in the programme the other night..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

....... wrote: »
    Except for they have already gotten it wrong more than once and people have committed suicide over it.

I've seen nothing like that reported in the Irish press.

How do you know?

You dont. Same as the pedo hunters dont.

Are you in favour of vigilantism for other crimes? Do you think due process should just be binned?

I see a story today in the Daily Mail whereby 2 men who raped and murdered a young boy in the Yemen were taken out in front of a baying crowd and shot in the back. Is that how you think civilised societies should be handling criminals?

Sounds like an apt punishment for a horrific crime. Saves taxpayers money too.

Ugh....how did I know you would miss the point deliberately and entirely? The post you replied to wasn't about pedophiles. It didn't even contain the word pedophile. Not everyone who disagrees with you as automatically some sort of "pedo defender", for ****'s sake.

So you are denfending the right to demand the private thoughts of private citizens? THAT'S disgusting.

They are not private thoughts when they are spreading them online, to what they think are 10,11, 12 yea old children.

That's exactly what they did in the programme the other night..

I didn't see the doc. What was the groups name??

I didn't see the doc. What was the groups name??
    https://www.facebook.com/ChildProtectionIreland/

• Advertisement

Ah I see.

Well there is no talking to someone with the mindset that shooting people in the back in front of a baying crowd is a preferable solution to due process and a civilised criminal justice system.

Off you go with your pitchfork, your mindset is completely out of step with any modern western society.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,040 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

They are not private thoughts when they are spreading them online, to what they think are 10,11, 12 yea old children.

Let me just remind you of what you requested:
    Let me clear this up for you. There are DEFINITELY nonces in your area, perhaps even on the street you live.
    I'd argue that most pedophiles aren't actually making any sexual advances on children in the first place, they just fantasize - which makes it even more likely that their are pedophiles on most streets.
    And I’d rather know who they were. I’d imagine once outed they wouldn’t hang about in the same area.

Now, fair question: are you demanding to know who the pedophiles are, who the pedophiles who have committed a crime are, or who the pedophiles who have committed a crime and been caught are? Or all three?

Because my point is: you don't have the right to the first and you can't possibly know the second.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,208 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

These groups do not turn up to houses. They get the nonces into public places then confront them with the evidence they have, live on Facebook to make sure that nothing untoward goes on.

Did you watch the program in Virgin Media One the other night?
    I think it was Louise was driving around saying I've photos of his pink house she knew the address. She then stopped and asked for directions and the woman said she knew him and gave her directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

She said the group will continue to operate in Ireland. “We are taking the law into our own hands, we are going and exposing people . . . if we don’t do this there’s real children in danger out there from these predators.”
    I hope they will help hunting grooming gangs, can't wait for the documentary where Louise and her friends take on twenty Pakistani men.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

You are a hypocrite. How many times have you lambasted Islamic countries for their barbaric penalties? I have done the same but I can still make the distinction that doing the same to pedos is equally barbaric.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

There's a thin line here, between someone who's mistakenly referred to as a naunce and their lives are ruined forever.

Then there's the people going online hunting down paedos, how do these paedo hunters know the sites to access, how do we know they're not perverter covering up their own shortcomings ?
    In effect they're a perversion too, anyone who knows how to snare a paedo must think very similarly...

I was always told by an old guy into bass fishing, in order to catch one try thinking like a fish..

I'm all for harsh penalties for rapist's child killer's and naunces.
    Maybe the death penalty would be appropriate.
    Any one I know who've been interfeered with are never right afterwards, never....

Leave catching these guy and women perverts to the professionals.

And for Christ sake if someone is falsely accused of being a naunce, the instigator should sell their house and everything to compensate the poor bastard who's been falsely accused of something as horrific as paediphillia.
    And also put away from society, lock em up for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

the gardai arent going to work with any group. gid forbid they learn something useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Garibaldi?

These clowns are just looking for their fifteen minutes
    of fame! They come across as people who didn't achieve very much in their own lives, were quite possibly abusive schoolyard bullies themselves. Full of hot air and ready to change with the wind. If someone were accused in the wrong, and were to meticulously take a case against one of them you would quickly see their fellow white hood merchants run for cover!

Rory28 wrote: »
    You are a hypocrite. How many times have you lambasted Islamic countries for their barbaric penalties? I have done the same but I can still make the distinction that doing the same to pedos is equally barbaric.

Killing someone for having a different sky god is not the same as killing a child rapist.

Garibaldi? wrote: »
    These clowns are just looking for their fifteen minutes
    of fame! They come across as people who didn't achieve very much in their own lives, were quite possibly abusive schoolyard bullies themselves. Full of hot air and ready to change with the wind. If someone were accused in the wrong, and were to meticulously take a case against one of them you would quickly see their fellow white hood merchants run for cover!

Could you name any “famous” catchers? Except Chris Hanson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

The poor poor nonces. Won’t someone think of their feelings. FFS.
    They said no such thing. You're also saying people are defending paedophiles when nobody remotely even implied that. Take a step back.
    Gazzmonkey wrote: »
    Most of the vigilantes hunting pedos are actually pedos themselves
    I wouldn't be surprised if some are - the whole protesting too much thing. But most?
    Shur he's bound to say yes, and while I don't think a state should carry out such a punishment, what those men did was worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Louise and CPA deserve the height of respect from all parents of young children. They are an amazing team if hunters and decoys and security. If you bothered to watch their live stings you would understand the research they gi through before confronting these disgusting paedophiles. The lack of help from certain garda is questionable especially recent sting in Kerry when police were more interested in decoys car than arresting a filthy paedophile. Heartbreaking to hear a decoy in CPA still traumatised by footage a paedophile sent to a young child of a man raping a young girl. These bastards need to be taken away and imprisoned to protect children. Sadly when cases get to court a certain paedo sympathiser judge usually let's the scum off with either a suspended sentence or a friendly warning. Re rte producer ciaron craven who Phil hoban and predator exposure team caught in Leeds.....if he had been caught in Ireland he would have got off with the usual suspended sentence or the friendly warning.

So nothing about how they break the law themselves? No?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

So nothing about how they break the law themselves? No?

I admire the concept in principal, but wonder if there is a correlation between pedos being the most hated inmates in jail and the ideology of such groups? As in is there a criminal element to the groups or a jail house mentality?

Louise and CPA deserve the height of respect from all parents of young children. They are an amazing team if hunters and decoys and security. If you bothered to watch their live stings you would understand the research they gi through before confronting these disgusting paedophiles. The lack of help from certain garda is questionable especially recent sting in Kerry when police were more interested in decoys car than arresting a filthy paedophile. Heartbreaking to hear a decoy in CPA still traumatised by footage a paedophile sent to a young child of a man raping a young girl. These bastards need to be taken away and imprisoned to protect children. Sadly when cases get to court a certain paedo sympathiser judge usually let's the scum off with either a suspended sentence or a friendly warning. Re rte producer ciaron craven who Phil hoban and predator exposure team caught in Leeds.....if he had been caught in Ireland he would have got off with the usual suspended sentence or the friendly warning.

Just out interest.
    If a relative/friend of your got your photo and put it on a dating app and started looking for Louose.
    They then gave out your home address and told the girl to call. Known that it maybe Louise.
    What would you do? Would you be delighted to have Louise there with her Facebook live and print out of chats of somebody pretending to be you.

Just out interest.
    If a relative/friend of your got your photo and put it on a dating app and started looking for Louose.
    They then gave out your home address and told the girl to call. Known that it maybe Louise.
    What would you do? Would you be delighted to have Louise there with her Facebook live and print out of chats of somebody pretending to be you.
    Wouldn't happen. The research that the teams do is meticulous. Months of work goes into each sting.

Wouldn't happen. The research that the teams do is meticulous. Months of work goes into each sting.

To be honest with you I'd be unsure of that. Louise didn't even know where the man's house was.
    That doesn't sound researched to me.

Sadly Phil hoban and 3 of his amazing team. ( they are the predator exposure team in leeds who caught rte Irish man ciaron craven in Leeds).were arrested this morning on trumped up charges by some paedophile who said they frightened him. Within an hour the support they had outside the police station by caring parents and also the police themselves was so reassuring.

To be honest with you I'd be unsure of that. Louise didn't even know where the man's house was.
    Shes working in more than one case at a time. Do you not know that holy Ireland is full of paedophiles now. From all over the world now. ....as they get off constantly with suspended sentence or the friendly warning. Look up Michael shine...or bill kennelly says it all.

• Advertisement

That was one of many many stings. Maybe watch them live and not with a TV crew making her nervous.

Advertisement