Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ESB eCars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,221 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ELM327 wrote: »
    I asked in advance, several times, and got it!

I was afraid they'd start questioning the order total and realised they'd made a mistake and sold the car far too cheaply. So I was keeping pretty shtum in advance until I got confirmation they received the money - so at that stage there was a contract from a legal point of view, that they no longer could get out of :D

They won't change MCU1 to 2 under warranty.

I know they won't. But I'll try anyway :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Will they offer scrappage on your MCU1?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,792 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

unkel wrote: »
    I was afraid they'd start questioning the order total and realised they'd made a mistake and sold the car far too cheaply. So I was keeping pretty shtum in advance until I got confirmation they received the money - so at that stage there was a contract from a legal point of view, that they no longer could get out of :D
    Yeah to be honest you made the right call.
    You essentially stole that car, but legally :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭markpb

It is about €500, I got a quote from Sandyford for mine before knowing it would be done already.

I had it done in Sandyford recently. CCS was 406.50 + VAT. They also charged 13 + VAT to re-locate the vehicle from UK to Ireland (country code modification). Total incl VAT was 514.76.

• Advertisement

Country code modification will bring speedo to km/h and all? EUR475 for both including VAT seems like a reasonable enough deal.

Country code modification will bring speedo to km/h and all? EUR475 for both including VAT seems like a reasonable enough deal.
    You can change speedo to km yourself
    I havent had that modification done (country code)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭markpb

I'm fairly sure that's all configurable in MCU. To be honest, I'm not sure what it was for and Darren wasn't overly clear (stuff will work better....) but at €13 it was hardly worth fighting over.

me = n00b :o

Off to RTFM. Couldn't find the readings from the tyre pressure monitors either yesterday. In fairness I was pretty tired, it was a very long day.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Mod Note: Cough. Ok, this thread is for eCars network upgrades unkel, you have your own thread!

* removed the cough, don't want you thinking the mods have Covid-19

• Advertisement

Apologies. You're right. That was ridiculous. Back to ranting about how how inefficient and ineffective the ESB is using our tax dollars. Or as it seems, pretty much not spending anything at all.

I used the M9 charger again, it's nice, really nice to have 2 chargers on site, you wouldn't believe it how good it feels, have used it 6 or 7 times now and haven't had to wait. However an E-Niro driver had to wait because a Tesla was using the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

I used the M9 charger again, it's nice, really nice to have 2 chargers on site

Edit: Found it, it's at Kilcullen, just South of Naas. Great to have two chargers on a site, makes it sooooo much less stress.

Thanks!

I used the M9 charger again

Out of interest, what are the reasons for you charging there? I believe you have enough range in your car to do your commute (with home and work charging) so you normally only use public fast charging on a longer trip, right?

If so on those longer trips why do you bother fast charging when you have REx? Presuming you don't have to queue but a charge will take say 30 minutes and save you what, maybe 3 or 4 quid over using the petrol?

I guess if you had to stop for a break anyway might be a reason. Or environmental reasons? Hardly to save money (and lose time)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I used the M9 charger again, it's nice, really nice to have 2 chargers on site, you wouldn't believe it how good it feels, have used it 6 or 7 times now and haven't had to wait. However an E-Niro driver had to wait because a Tesla was using the other one.

Out of interest... why didn't you fire up your engine and let the Niro on the charger?

Out of interest... why didn't you fire up your engine and let the Niro on the charger?

Because I'm not obliged to let anyone in to charge, there weren't too many to oblige me when I had the leaf, I only took 10 mins and moved on. I could have stayed much longer......

Because I'm not obliged to let anyone in to charge, there weren't too many to oblige me when I had the leaf, I only took 10 mins and moved on. I could have stayed much longer......
    But you have a plug in hybrid, a real bev should be allowed ahead of you

I didn't say you were obliged to do anything.

If I was charging a PHEV, I would 100% move on to let a BEV on a rapid, no question.

You missed a trick though... you could have let him on and then gave both of them two fingers as you drove off revving your engine. You could even have taken a picture and spammed it across every thread here with something like "should have bought a REX" across it. :D

But you have a plug in hybrid, a real bev should be allowed ahead of you

"should be allowed ahead of me" oh right, so, I will wait up to 1 hr for a 64 Kwh E-Niro, and then I will take my 10 mins, LMAO :D

Or just use your engine

• Advertisement

I didn't say you were obliged to do anything.

If I was charging a PHEV, I would 100% move on to let a BEV on a rapid, no question.

You missed a trick though... you could have let him on and then gave both of them two fingers as you drove off revving your engine. You could even have taken a picture and spammed it across every thread here with something like "should have bought a REX" across it. :D

I can't "rev the Rex" :D

Give and take, I took 10 mins he can take his 1 hr but the question is, if I needed 10 mins and the Niro driver was there first, would he let me have my 10 mins first ? no you can be sure he wouldn't, he'd let me wait the hour.

I think we both got a good deal there because I got my 10 mins and didn't have to wait up to 1 hr for him and I took 10 mins meaning he had a short wait.

First come, first served, I've no problem with I3 Rex owners using the infra, except that one guy who lords it over everyone when he gets to drive past an occupied charger :rolleyes: then again I was always jealous of people who get to have their cake and eat it!

liamog wrote: »
    First come, first served, I've no problem with I3 Rex owners using the infra, except that one guy who lords it over everyone when he gets to drive past an occupied charger :rolleyes: then again I was always jealous of people who get to have their cake and eat it!

I'm not saying I have a problem with PHEV drivers using rapids. Maybe I'm just the better person. If I have another option, I'll use it and help the other driver along. That way we both get to complete our journey a bit quicker. After all, it only takes,what, 8 seconds to fill up and move on. ;)

Just because Mad_Lad never caught a break in the Leaf is no reason to take it out on all other users. He was just unlucky not to have been behind me in the Ioniq. I often stopped a charge when I had enough, if there was a Leaf waiting. Even if I was only on 50%. As long as I had enough to get home, I was grand. I was never a great believer in the attitude of "I was here first, so fuck you."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

all joking aside, I'm I the only one who has zero issue with an i3 using a charger? In fairness to i3 drivers (generally), it may be a phev from a technical pov but in reality it's mostly an EV. Its never occured to me to be annoyed when an i3 is in front of me. Although that may be because I would not differentiate between a rex and non rex.... or possibly because I've never been behind an i3 at a charger and the statistical probability of it happening is very low

I'm not saying I have a problem with PHEV drivers using rapids. Maybe I'm just the better person. If I have another option, I'll use it and help the other driver along. That way we both get to complete our journey a bit quicker. After all, it only takes,what, 8 seconds to fill up and move on. ;)

Just because Mad_Lad never caught a break in the Leaf is no reason to take it out on all other users. He was just unlucky not to have been behind me in the Ioniq. I often stopped a charge when I had enough, if there was a Leaf waiting. Even if I was only on 50%. As long as I had enough to get home, I was grand. I was never a great believer in the attitude of "I was here first, so fuck you."

That's a bit ridiculous in fairness, I took 10 mins that I paid for and moved on he should be thankful I'm not a right prick and stay there 45 mins. I moved on when I "had enough".

HE could have had to wait for a 40 Kwh Leaf with a hot battery or another Model S that just plugged in at 20% and needed 90% or even another 64 Kwh Niro or Kona etc.

Actually, I'm wrong, I was there around 20 mins in total, he had to wait 10 but I wouldn't have cared either way I took what I needed and moved on.

IF someone wants to fill me up with more expensive Petrol or buy me lunch I'll move on. :D

all joking aside, I'm I the only one who has zero issue with an i3 using a charger? In fairness to i3 drivers (generally), it may be a phev from a technical pov but in reality it's mostly an EV. Its never occured to me to be annoyed when an i3 is in front of me. Although that may be because I would not differentiate between a rex and non rex.... or possibly because I've never been behind an i3 at a charger and the statistical probability of it happening is very low

I don't know about others but I'm just sniping at mad lad for his famous photo
    I have no issue with an I3 phev using the fast charger

I don't know about others but I'm just sniping at mad lad for his famous photo
    I have no issue with an I3 phev using the fast charger

:D:D

I'm self isolating, so I'm bored.

You haven't mentioned your S in a few posts. :D:D

:D:D

I'm self isolating, so I'm bored.

You haven't mentioned your S in a few posts. :D:D
    I was working from home this morning. Came in in the afternoon to a near deserted office, to charge my S and my phone for free :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭Markcheese

To be fair ,there are plenty of times when I'd be waiting 5 or 10 mins to get to a diesel pump , charging for 10 mins to get you home ,( or wherever ) seems fairenough to me .. ( even in a rex or phev ) ,

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Advertisement