Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf society Portmarnock Hotel & Golf Links Feb 23th 12.00pm

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭OS_Head

benny79 wrote: »
    No Unfortunately not but your handicap will be reviewed for next outing

No bother, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

First 18 holes in a long time for me and hopefully the round that gets me back loving the game after a 2 year break more or less. Started off very slow but was delighted around the 7th to start picking up and striking the ball better and was even happier to get a decent drive away on 6 and a good put a good back 9 together.
    Overall great day out with good company the whole way round , none of us lit it up but there was some good golf mixed in by all of us and the craic was mighty.
    Any chance of a full leaderboard going up soon?
    Looking forward to Athy already
    Thanks for the great day Benny and congrats GolfGraffix on the home win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

OS_Head wrote: »
    I played off 14 on the day. I hadn't got my GUI handicap from the cards I left in to Elmgreen last Wednesday. I got it today, so it's 22 now. Do I get my score from Portmarnock reviewed?

Member there too. I am in Morocco for the ashy outing but hope to make the European so definitely introduce yerself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Sorry it’s taken so long to post, it’s been a hectic few days.

I am delighted that everyone enjoyed the course, it is nice to play when the wind is not howling, the rough is cut back and the suns was almost shining. Greens were slick so there was a little bite to the course.

Well done to Benny on all the organisation, I know from past experience that it can be a lot of work getting everybody out and paid up.

Having not played in the society for almost 18 months it was nice to meet up with old friends and to meet some new ones.

I know it was very un-sportsmanlike to win on my home course but I did try my best with a scratch on the last to lose it. I had my own Sergio moment in the newly deepened right side fairway bunker (after what I thought was a great drive) par would have given me 40 !!!

Really enjoyed the group of Benny, Doublecross and A Post Punk. A great run of 6 pars for Doublecross combined with two birdies was some golf. two loose holes cost him a good placing (that and a + handicap on the day). Benny was solid but just couldn’t get the score going. Poor A Post Punk had one of those days, fair play to him for sticking with it.

With the next one on Patricks weekend I won’t make it but will for the month after.

Looking forward to a good a year and hopefully a spot on the Ryder Jug team.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

With the next one on Patricks weekend I won’t make it but will for the month after.

The one after is Easter which I am sure will make it difficult for some too
    Looking forward to a good a year and hopefully a spot on the Ryder Jug team.
    Does anyone produce the latest scores on this table?? Near meaningless after one I know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Super day, super course. Played with alanm, macker and kiith.

I started well but went through an abysmal patch in the middle, caused by my refusal to take my medicine when I got into trouble. Birdy on 17 was a highlight which got me a few quid back. Couldn’t convert a makeable eagle putt on 6, but made birdy there too. Alanm had a great game, he was unlucky not to place better, but scratched one or two late in the round. His short game is to die for, and he has picked up some new found distance and accuracy with a recent driver switch. I’m definitely worried about meeting him in our mini winter match play series! Marker ran into some early bunker trouble which put him on the back foot right from the start. Coming back to golf after a break kiith had good shots mixed with bad and lacked consistency on the day. He’s a powerful striker, and once he gets a bit more golf in better scoring is around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,825 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Does anyone produce the latest scores on this table?? Near meaningless after one I know

drumroll please ……….

474145.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Untitled-20.png

Back to scratch, hahaha, looser! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Untitled-20.png

Back to scratch, hahaha, looser! :D

Thank god we deal in .5's and not .1's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Asimo1

By not having an official GUI handicap. I got assigned HC 14 for the day to see where I am at. Wondering after my terrible performance (worst in years) it's now at 14.5. will this be adjusted for the next outings? Like to a HC which is something more realistic. 😂 Of course I play normally better than last weekend. Especially on the days I don't get struck by Golf Balls in the shoulder on the 2nd tee. About 95+ strokes.

Asimo1 wrote: »
    By not having an official GUI handicap. I got assigned HC 14 for the day to see where I am at. Wondering after my terrible performance (worst in years) it's now at 14.5. will this be adjusted for the next outings? Like to a HC which is something more realistic. �� Of course I play normally better than last weekend. Especially on the days I don't get struck by Golf Balls in the shoulder on the 2nd tee. About 95+ strokes.

yes handicaps are constantly monitored and will be reviewed ahead of each outing based on previous performance and GUI

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭pakman

Asimo1 wrote: »
    By not having an official GUI handicap. I got assigned HC 14 for the day to see where I am at. Wondering after my terrible performance (worst in years) it's now at 14.5. will this be adjusted for the next outings? Like to a HC which is something more realistic. �� Of course I play normally better than last weekend. Especially on the days I don't get struck by Golf Balls in the shoulder on the 2nd tee. About 95+ strokes.

Yeah, sorry about that again. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Asimo1

pakman wrote: »
    Yeah, sorry about that again. :(

No worries Pakman, I am still alive and smiling. Also I had a "good" excuse for that bad round.

Advertisement