Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf society Portmarnock Hotel & Golf Links Feb 23th 12.00pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

Today's Results

1st - GolfGraffix - 37pts

2nd - SEORG - 35pts

3rd - Rainbow Warrier - 34pts

LD - Offaly Medic

NP - Break80

There was 6 2's :eek: must be a record!

SEORG - Princess Poppy - Macker1 - Break80 - Roadrunner - Brian Rossiter.

And the race for the Jug begins....

Full list of results will be posted during the week.

Great day and turn out!

Onto Athy Golf Club, Co Kildare, March 16th next. Hope to see you there.

Regards

Benny

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Well done to all. No surprise to see Golfgraffix take advantage of the home course for the win today and claim his (second?) Boards win? I guess the only surprise is that he didn't win either of the previous 2 outings in the Port :)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

What a day Capt Benny, just hope you haven’t set the bar too high for yourself.
    While the golf in our group only sparkled sporadically, the company with Offaly med, Charlie and Slave made for a great day.
    Thanks to all for the work behind the scenes, again.

What a day Capt Benny, just hope you haven’t set the bar too high for yourself.
    While the golf in our group only sparkled sporadically, the company with Offaly med, Charlie and Slave made for a great day.
    Thanks to all for the work behind the scenes, again.

Good to see you back......
    Raging I missed the game today but I had a nice treat on the golf course as a spectator today as a consolation.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Alas those cruel golfing Gods deserted me yesterday but still had a bit of craic with my group and was nice to play hole 18 in the first of 2019’s genuine sunshine.
    Having not played the course before I was impressed with the Summer conditions, I knew it was going to be fun when I dropped two balls on the putting green and they rolled 10ft away. I’d like more shape to the opening stretch as it felt a bit rinse and repeat versus the remainder of the course which was continually peppered with hole variety which I prefer. Think 16, 17 and 18 were super holes to close the course out with. Back to plugging balls parkland now for a while longer....
    Well done to the winners and hope all enjoyed, always great to get around dry

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

slave1 wrote: »
    Having not played the course before I was impressed .

Wow, must be one of very few you haven't played yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Well done to Golfgraffix on the win & to the captain for what sounds like a great opener to the year.

Have to console myself with the fact that my team won the matchplay final of the winter league at home.

So my match 2 up so made a bit of a contribution to it.

Hopefully catch up with everyone in Athy

Seve OB wrote: »
    Wow, must be one of very few you haven't played yet

LOL, there’s a lot I haven’t played but in terms of links just RCD and St Anne’s and I’ve them all done

Now that's a proper links greenside bunker
    D0K3Q9XX0AEQarp.jpg

Approach on 18
    D0K3R1CXQAApcfG.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Now that's a proper links greenside bunker

Have to post the pic you took of me getting out of it!!!

Really enjoyed yesterday, great course, great company and some great golf.
    Hadn’t a great round myself, started ok but the usual inconsistent golf came back. Had a few pars but too many scratches cost me a score. Still, I enjoyed it and isn’t that what it’s all supposed to be about.

• Advertisement

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Have to post the pic you took of me getting out of it!!!

Really enjoyed yesterday, great course, great company and some great golf.
    Hadn’t a great round myself, started ok but the usual inconsistent golf came back. Had a few pars but too many scratches cost me a score. Still, I enjoyed it and isn’t that what it’s all supposed to be about.

That's actually the NTP hole I posted, 11th I think, I missed your first few gos on the 17th bunker but got you on #3 with ball just above the flag :p

2zji1ix.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭a post punk

Thanks to benny for a great start and to my playing partners doublecross and golfgraffix who gave us great pointers going around the course(which would be great if i could actually get the ball off the ground!!)I thinkgolfgraffix summed my day up when offered me a hug after my ball lands 2 inches in front of a bunker from my drive, only to hit it straight into the bunker for the 2nd.........No excuses for bad golf I just could not not hit the ball on the bare lie so it was a struggle on a perfect day and setting for an enjoyable round.
    Back to the range for me to pick it up for Athy and make that Jug team again this year.

The Optimist:)

PP

Mabye Break80 will post the picture he has of another great tiger escape to add to his reputation!!

Oh, meant to mention, great to see the bunkers being rebuilt, too many times they are left alone too long and pull the course down

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

That's actually the NTP hole I posted, 11th I think, I missed your first few gos on the 17th bunker but got you on #3 with ball just above the flag :p

2zji1ix.jpg

Only took me one shot to get out of the bunker

But two to get into it!! 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Rainbow Warrior

Thanks Capt Benny for organising the golf at a beautiful course. Oh and thanks for sorting out the weather as well as the last few holes in were spectacular in the sun. Great craic with my playing partners and a lot of fantastic shots played. Looking forward to Athy.

LOL, there’s a lot I haven’t played but in terms of links just RCD and St Anne’s and I’ve them all done

Fixdepitch will get you out at St Anne's if you ask him nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭SEORG

A great first outing of the year, thanks to Capt Benny & everyone else involved for the organizing.
    Congrats to GolfGraffix on the win with a great score.
    The course was a great test and we got lucky with the weather too. I had some good golf mixed in with some not so good.
    Thanks to my playing partners gypsy79, Rainbow Warrior & The Big Easy for the great company going around. Looking forward to Athy.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Break80

Mabye Break80 will post the picture he has of another great tiger escape to add to his reputation!!

Tiger has the pic.
    I reckon he was no more than 18 inches from the steepest part of the face of the bunker in front of the 17th.
    Up it went, landed on the fringe and then shot forward to about 10ft.
    Getting it out was a miracle in itself but I'm
    stumped how he got it to shoot forward.
    Shot of the day in our group and that's with me holding out from 115yds and Rositer finishing to 8 inches from another bunker

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Really enjoyed it, even if i played terribly. Course was in great condition, and i got very familiar with the bunkers. The last few holes are excellent, and really close it off well. Looking forward to Athy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭tigerwood1

I toke this photo beforehand, unfortunately I don't have any evidence that I didn't do a hamelot. The lads tell me it somehow had forward spin when it landed on the green. Good practice for St Andrews.
    Congrats to benny on a great start to his captaincy we were blessed with the weather. Had a great laugh on course especially with kennethrhcp commentary going down the 18th(move over mcginley).

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭tigerwood1

17th portmarnock

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

Great course, tough day for me. Really one of my worst rounds in quite a while, every quality shot was matched with an equally bad one to follow, just could never get in on a roll.

Thanks to my group, pakman TheChamp26 Golfhead65 were all excellent to play with.

Will miss the next outing as I on vacation then, but I should be able to make the rest. Looking forward to redemption!

tigerwood1 wrote: »
    17th portmarnock
    You can frame that 1 Tiger :)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭pakman

Fantastic course and great company for the whole round. I'll have night terrors about those bunkers for some time but the course was amazing and particularly when the sun came out.

Looking forward to the next outing to redeem myself somewhat and prove I can actually hit a golf ball. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kennethrhcp

I toke this photo beforehand, unfortunately I don't have any evidence that I didn't do a hamelot. The lads tell me it somehow had forward spin when it landed on the green. Good practice for St Andrews.
    Congrats to benny on a great start to his captaincy we were blessed with the weather. Had a great laugh on course especially with kennethrhcp commentary going down the 18th(move over mcginley).

yer side bet was great as everyone still had a chance on 18. you being 1 point clear & I think the lads both had a shot on the hole & you didn't... we'll make the screenplay & win an Oscar with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kennethrhcp

17th portmarnock

I was there & saw it happen... & still don't know how Tiger got the ball to where he did!!! unreal shot

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Hope to make Athy, I do have a clash wheras there is family thing on but I'll try build up the brownie points between now and then, different test to Port but not like a normal parkland course,Athy plays hard and fast most of the time..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭OS_Head

I played off 14 on the day. I hadn't got my GUI handicap from the cards I left in to Elmgreen last Wednesday. I got it today, so it's 22 now. Do I get my score from Portmarnock reviewed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

OS_Head wrote: »
    I played off 14 on the day. I hadn't got my GUI handicap from the cards I left in to Elmgreen last Wednesday. I got it today, so it's 22 now. Do I get my score from Portmarnock reviewed?

No Unfortunately not but your handicap will be reviewed for next outing

Advertisement