Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf society Portmarnock Hotel & Golf Links Feb 23th 12.00pm

Options
  • 04-02-2019 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭

Ladies & Gentleman it gives me great pressure to announce the first outing for the Boards society for 2019.....

Situated on the shoreline of a rugged peninsula, The Links Portmarnock was the first golf course that International Management Group (IMG) developed in Ireland and opened for play in 1995.
    It was therefore fitting that Bernhard Langer chose this magnificent setting to design his first links course being a three time winner of the Irish Open at nearby Portmarnock Golf Club and The Royal Dublin Golf Club. Along with architect Stan Eby they designed a course that is a challenge for all golfers, set in the grounds of the old Jameson Estate of St. Marnocks, the course has played host to professional and amateur events including 2008 and 2009 Ladies Irish Open
    The recent investment programme by new owners Kennedy Wilson includes, upgraded machinery, extensive upgrades of the course, the creation of a short game area, riveting of traditional links pot bunkers, grass pathway and enhancements that make full use of the dunes and natural terrain.

https://www.portmarnock.com/course.html

The fee for this one is €50 for members & €60 for guests

#Please note this is the last Saturday of the month & not the usual 3rd#

Teamer invites should be gone out.

Any questions give me a shout and I would just like to thank the commitee members for all the help and advice in the background to date.

Special thanks to Golfgraffiix for getting us a big discount on the rack rate!

Your Captain

Benny79

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Was looking forward to this one but family holidays take precedent.
    Will see a few of you guys the following week though for our trip to the home of golf.
    Enjoy the links practice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Hoping to make it depending on work. 75% be there. Will let ye know for definitely next week

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭davegilly

Looking forward to this! I’ve accepted on teamer - can I make a request for an early tee time as I have to be home for 6pm that evening? Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭a post punk

Best of luck for the year Benny. Looking forward to the season ahead. The jug race begins:)
    PP

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

Best of luck this year Benny. Put me down for a late tee time if possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭a post punk

Stick us down for an early tee time if possible Benny. I’ll be travelling cross country with Kiers47. Thanks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Long time lurker taking the plunge, sort out the weather, nice and balmy would be perfect

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kennethrhcp

looking forward to this Benny! was gonna travel up with Break80 from Cork but now reckon myself & my wife will make a weekend of it & head up the Friday.

Best of luck for the year & i'll hopefully make a few events

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

In :D I love this course!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

First timer looking forward to it. Course looks great, though i'd say it'll be tough.

If anyone is driving via Kildare (live in Monasterevin, but can get anywhere along the train route), that'd be great.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

slave1 wrote: »
    Long time lurker taking the plunge, sort out the weather, nice and balmy would be perfect

Two of us are travelling together captain so can you put us on the same line, early as possible as well please.

Looking forward to getting going.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Break80

Looking forward to it.
    I have fond memories of being carried around this course by golfgraffics 2 years ago in the Ryder jug.ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

Kiith wrote: »
    First timer looking forward to it. Course looks great, though i'd say it'll be tough.

If anyone is driving via Kildare (live in Monasterevin, but can get anywhere along the train route), that'd be great.

Hi Kiith if you can you get to Athy? I might be able to sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Looking forward to it Captain. Tough but fair course would be my memory with some interesting risk reward holes.

Preference would be for a tee time towards the early end of possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Cant make it folks, am away that weekend. Enjoy. Hopefully Ill make the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

Looking forward to it. I am find with any tee time, its a short drive for me since I live on the north side.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Looking forward to my 1st outing,hope the weather plays ball and it's a reasonable day..

I'm guessing we're going out in 3balls lads?

If yes, can I book 2 lines please (me & 5 guests if that's ok?)? I've mentioned it to lads in Dublin I know & they're well up for coming along

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

If yes, can I book 2 lines please (me & 5 guests if that's ok?)? I've mentioned it to lads in Dublin I know & they're well up for coming along

Hi Kenneth I sent you a PM

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

benny79 wrote: »
    Hi Kiith if you can you get to Athy? I might be able to sort you out.

Not sure i could get to Athy, but i could meet you somewhere along the way maybe?

Or if anyone else is coming from Dublin City, i could get there on the train.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

Cracking course! Enjoy it, sadly midterm break so away with the family for this one :(

(early tee time would suit if possible)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

That't a lot of guests! If the Society cannot accommodate that many, you might just schedule on your own. I have noticed the rates are down to 55 Euro for a special promotion on Feb 16th and Feb 23rd (Spring Swing)

That't a lot of guests! If the Society cannot accommodate that many, you might just schedule on your own. I have noticed the rates are down to 55 Euro for a special promotion on Feb 16th and Feb 23rd (Spring Swing)

new to society golf tbh. Benny explained all by pm, only put it out there to them as I'd be up that direction.

I've messaged the 3 who were proper interested to see if they fancy joining as members but if not I'll get out with them another time.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

Just accepted on Teamer, looking forward to this

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Kiith wrote: »
    Not sure i could get to Athy, but i could meet you somewhere along the way maybe?

Or if anyone else is coming from Dublin City, i could get there on the train.

if you are on the train, Portmarnock station on the Dart could be an option for you and I'm sure any of the lads can pick you up from the local station there

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

benny79 wrote: »
    Ladies & Gentleman it gives me great pressure to announce the first outing for the Boards society for 2019.....

Feeling it already!!!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭SEORG

Just accepted there. Coming from Limerick so
    earlier tee time the better also....thanks.

RoadRunner wrote: »
    (early tee time would suit if possible)

Apols, change of plans and a late tee time now suits best!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Macker1

Just accepted and looking forward to the new season with Boards GS. Its a great track and will be a test this early in the season. :)

Late Tee Time for me please

Best of Luck for the year ahead Captain Benny. :D:D:D

Advertisement