Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf society Portmarnock Hotel & Golf Links Feb 23th 12.00pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,654 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Might be able to make this, will let ye know by end of week.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Early tee time would suit me if possible

Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

Lads & Ladies, Just to let you all know the time sheet is now full (28 in total) and that was with extra slots given as with the demand which is great to see for the year ahead!

Membership €30 will be collected on the day. Can I just ask if you think you can't make it or are 50/50 but have accepted on teamer to unaccept as there is some lads still interested and I have put them on reserve list.

Apologies to anyone disappointed and I do my best to help if I can.. But as you can imagine with Portmarnock being a top track space is limited. It will also be noted throughout the year of members who attend the lesser courses and preference will be given to them as is always the case.

In the case of no shows this has being a bit of a problem the last few years as once numbers confirmed to the club usually the week beforehand the green fee has to be paid and the society usually has to take the hit.. It has being decided that a ban might be given to the individual, unless it unforeseen circumstances or they pay the green fee at the next outing. Its at the discretion of the committee.

A lot of work goes on behind the scenes to get top courses as cheap as possible and organise events and lot of time and commitment from committee members. Plus every penny is put back into the society. So I hope you can all understand.

Regards

Benny79

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭OS_Head

Is it not possible to pay online for both membership and green fee to the society?

OS_Head wrote: »
    Is it not possible to pay online for both membership and green fee to the society?

No sorry unfortunately not. Logistics are to hard with different Captains each year Im afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

benny79 wrote: »
    No sorry unfortunately not. Logistics are to hard with different Captains each year Im afraid.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fthemanthebheastscanttame.files.wordpress.com%2F2015%2F03%2Fdownload1.jpg&f=1

By the way I can probably pick up and drop off someone to/from heuston station for this one, if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Looking forward to it Captain ! Any tee time for me I'm easy..BTW is timesheet sent out on teamer in advance or is it turn up for 12 and find out..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,825 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    Looking forward to it Captain ! Any tee time for me I'm easy..BTW is timesheet sent out on teamer in advance or is it turn up for 12 and find out..

timesheet will be posted on here a few days in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭a post punk

RoadRunner wrote: »
    benny79 wrote: »

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fthemanthebheastscanttame.files.wordpress.com%2F2015%2F03%2Fdownload1.jpg&f=1
    :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Sorry folks i was planning to make my debut but the job has put me on a training course that day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

RoadRunner wrote: »
    By the way I can probably pick up and drop off someone to/from heuston station for this one, if needed

I might take you up on that, if that's ok. benny79 kindly offered, but getting to Athy is a bit of an issue for me. I can get to Heuston pretty easily though.

Kiith wrote: »
    I might take you up on that

NP, will pm you.

Benny, might be a good idea if myself and Kiith are around the same time near the end of the timesheet. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭SEORG

Kiith wrote: »
    I might take you up on that, if that's ok. benny79 kindly offered, but getting to Athy is a bit of an issue for me. I can get to Heuston pretty easily though.

I'm coming from Limerick if that suits you...I'll be coming up the M7 so we can arrange something if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Looking forward to the first event. Have to make a few trips to the range though, don't think I've played since Sligo!

Can I request an early tee time if possible please captain. Thinking about making it to Croke Park to watch Mayo help relegate the Dubs. Perfect preparation for your five-in-a-row 😉

Looking forward to the first event. Have to make a few trips to the range though, don't think I've played since Sligo!

Can I request an early tee time if possible please captain. Thinking about making it to Croke Park to watch Mayo help relegate the Dubs. Perfect preparation for your five-in-a-row ��

Is that on same day? :mad: traffic.. grumble grumble

@The big easy you can always dream :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Quick question!

Do you guys normally play of society, white or championship tees

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭davegilly

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Quick question!

I think the clue is in the name :)

It’s been Society tees any time I’ve played.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Quick question!

I'm not 100% sure, but I think we might have played off white/competition tees once or twice, maybe for the likes of captains, but generally its off the society tees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

I'm not 100% sure, but I think we might have played off white/competition tees once or twice, maybe for the likes of captains, but generally its off the society tees

Benny will confirm but I think we settled on white

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

Benny will confirm but I think we settled on white

I might be mistaken, but I think a lot of courses expect societies to play off society tees to reduce the wear and tear on other tee boxes.

It's been society tees for most every event I have played in, IF the course offers them.

I might be mistaken, but I think a lot of courses expect societies to play off society tees to reduce the wear and tear on other tee boxes.

It's been society tees for most every event I have played in, IF the course offers them.

I reckon you can trust Golfgraffix on this one...hes got insider knowledge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,825 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

We generally play whites unless the club dictate otherwise. All depends on the course though. Sometimes societies are just the better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

I took advantage of the spring rates at Portmarnock today, the course is in good shape except for 13 where a temporary green is in place. From the looks of things I wouldn't expect that to change by Saturday. It played dead into the wind today, so even 100 yards shorter it took 3 shots to get to the temporary green. Greens were pristine on every other hole, and deadly fast.

Excited to kick off the season next week! Here is a little video I took from today

Also, got a nice rainbow

Been a while since I've played there, can I check what warm up facilities are onsite?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kennethrhcp

I took advantage of the spring rates at Portmarnock today, the course is in good shape except for 13 where a temporary green is in place. From the looks of things I wouldn't expect that to change by Saturday. It played dead into the wind today, so even 100 yards shorter it took 3 shots to get to the temporary green. Greens were pristine on every other hole, and deadly fast.

Excited to kick off the season next week! Here is a little video I took from today

Also, got a nice rainbow

was pretty damn windy down in Cork aswell over the weekend... fingers crossed not as windy as in your vid on Sat!

really looking forward to it as I've not played links golf before

Also, got a nice rainbow

The new 13th green is not due to open until mid March

Been a while since I've played there, can I check what warm up facilities are onsite?

Chipping and putting green, with two hitting nets

• Advertisement

Right Folks we seem to have a bit of a issue as I was doing the timesheet out I noticed 29 have accepted on teamer but we only have 28 slots!

So before I have to let someone down can I just please ask that you are all committed to going Saturday 100% and if you are unsure please could you unaccept on teamer and let us know by PM.

As I would hate to have to inform someone that I have no room for them and for someone not to show on the day as you can imagine!

I will leave it to Wednesday afternoon and hopefully it works itself out.

Regards

Benny.

Advertisement