Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

scotchy wrote: »
    Gynaecologist ?

Considering 2 of their albums are Cucumber Castle and This is Where I Came In then that's a possibility.... :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭scotchy

Clareman wrote: »
    Considering 2 of their albums are Cucumber Castle and This is Where I Came In then that's a possibility.... :eek::eek::eek:

Clareman. I actually had to explain the meaning of Gee to a good Clare friend of mine.....Gee is a rather vulgar Dublin slang word for a lady's tuppence:o

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Imagine that scenery on your school/fun sports day!! ��

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110075407&postcount=8339

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Clareman. I actually had to explain the meaning of Gee to a good Clare friend of mine.....Gee is a rather vulgar Dublin slang word for a lady's tuppence:o

They are clearly nothing but a gowl

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Gee is a rather vulgar Dublin slang word for a lady's tuppence:o

It is more a word that young kids use than vulgar slang. Would be on par with willy or mickey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Reminds me of an old joke...

Pregnant woman's water breaks. She rings 999 for an ambulance, and is asked where she's ringing from. She answers "from me gee to me knees" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

5992_c3d3_500.jpeg

I get tired of this tread sometimes.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

*Slow claps*

Bravo, Astrofluff, that's top-notch punning, I'm really impressed. Bravo! :D :cool:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

astrofluff wrote: »
    I get tired of this tread sometimes.
    It's wearing thin. Spare a thought for those of us who take criticism personally. Right now I feel deflated as it hasn't been a good year.

I just have to find a way to get my groove back.

• Advertisement

Aaaaaand... the Puntastic Capt'n takes the lead again. :D

Oh the silliness - I feel a full-on silly weekend happening.

Ah lads, jack it in before I go nuts. I thought we were all fiends and alloys here but I can see that we've reached the (hub) cap of puns in the tread and we'll need a release valve to release some of the pressure.

Those are so bare they'd make it on the Pirelli calendar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I think it's time to put a (tube) sock in it

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭PMU

m17 wrote: »
    Murmuration

where is this

• Registered Users Posts: 17,332 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭Worztron

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110099182&postcount=2864

It looks like a penguin. Are those starlings?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Worztron wrote: »

Yes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

479493.jpg

Seems reasonable.

This list accurately reflects my position but I would like to add that in addition to cow's milk I'm happy to accept cheese made from goat, sheep or buffalo milk as well :)

Ummmm cheese....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,144 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I think I'd try them all, and that's without a cheese addiction.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I think I'd try them all, and that's without a cheese addiction.

The problem is that you'll feel a bit ruff after trying it, but you're barbing up the wrong tree if you expect there to be be any k9 puns here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭KAGY

While the photo of the Chinese tragic jam is actually a 4 lane motor way that expands to 50 for the toll booths and then back to 4, and was takem on their equivalent of a bank holiday Monday there was actually a much worse jam
    From Wikipedia
    The China National Highway 110 traffic jam was a recurring[1] massive traffic jam that began to form on August 13, 2010, mostly on China National Highway 110 (G110) and Beijing–Tibet expressway (G6), in Hebei and Inner Mongolia.[2][3] The traffic jam slowed down thousands of vehicles for more than 100 kilometres (60 mi) and lasted for two weeks.[3][4][5] Many drivers were able to move their vehicles only 1 km (0.6 mi) per day, and some drivers reported being stuck in the traffic jam for five days.[5]

I remember the photos, they were nightmare-inducing.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,120 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

479541.jpg

The long lost Chuckle sister?

Mod: Moved to chat thread

What's the Celt flute one getting at? Slightly lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,417 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

astrofluff wrote: »
    What's the Celt flute one getting at? Slightly lost!

Instagrammers be like "felt cute..."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

dulpit wrote: »
    Instagrammers be like "felt cute..."

Jesus, is that actually a thing?

• Advertisement

Good grief... I almost preferred when the mysterious posts were about Rule n. 1.

Advertisement