Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

astrofluff wrote: »
    What's the Celt flute one getting at? Slightly lost!

I was the same, and found these (in the comments).

https://twitter.com/TheGreatDamfino/status/1121345775617945601

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,328 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I'm still lost

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Someone posts a picture of themselves on instagram saying they felt cute, but they may delete it at a later stage if they don't like it any more (to paraphrase Chandler Bing, "Could you BE more vain?"). So "Felt cute" has been "spoonerised" into "Celt Flute".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

All of the comments are picture with similar sounding text.
    For example
    iUHfyAB.png

I've never heard or seen 'felt cute, might delete later' used though, but that seems to be where it's from.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,328 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I have never used instagram so probably out of the loop no the comedy aspect of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Suckit wrote: »
    I've never heard or seen 'felt cute, might delete later' used though, but that seems to be where it's from.
    I don't know if it was ever used unironically, but the non-spoonerised version has been knocking around for a while.

https://twitter.com/drphil/status/1057332213904158720?lang=en

Recently, it evolved from "might delete later" to "might X later" where X is something related to the people/thing in the picture.

https://twitter.com/mineralwellspd/status/1113432171254046721?lang=en

Now, spoonerisms.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I have never used instagram so probably out of the loop no the comedy aspect of it

There's no comedy aspect to it.

It's just stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

BattleCorp wrote: »
    It's just stupid.
    That's the tagline to all memes tbh.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

And China so they ll call the baby U Suk

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They'll drop the U. Just like in American English. :/

• Advertisement

^^^^Game of Thrones Starbucks Cup

What, and you want me to believe they spelt her name right? As. If.!

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Three More Big Sleeps

joujoujou wrote: »
    479651.jpg

As the father of a 17 year old girl, can confirm alright. Reminded me of the wonderful comedy musician Tom Wilson (BTTF's Biff Tannen):

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭wally79

I dunno that last rule could get weird very quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

wally79 wrote: »
    I dunno that last rule could get weird very quickly

"I'm sorry fella, but I have to stick my tongue down your throat and my finger up your arse"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭wally79

"I'm sorry fella, but I have to stick my tongue down your throat and my finger up your arse"

I didn’t think it would get weird THAT quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Dunno about you but that would make me think twice about dating his daughter. :D

It will scare off the decent guys but the ones who don't give a crap will stick around.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Dunno about you but that would make me think twice about dating his daughter. :D

The start of that song is creepy.Sounds like he wants to date her

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Spotted in Glasgow.

FB-IMG-1557308694514.jpg

What am I missing?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

A bottle.

• Advertisement

Buckfast in the water holder. Took me a few minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    It will scare off the decent guys but the ones who don't give a crap will stick around.
    They'd probably see it as a challenge.

inforfun wrote: »
    A bottle.
    I was thinking rule no:1
    and this

7c53d844365761854d68a5de1324abff.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Tabnabs wrote: »
    j6ixx5vzx2x21.jpg
    Beric Dondarrion lives

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Bootup wrote: »
    Rounding up the sheep pic...[/img]

That's the best literal LOL that this forum has given me for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭Bootup

He may have been asked before,but why are Beric Dondarrion's pics so small.....I have to resize giant pics all the time!

Size doesn't matter, Bootup, it's what you do with it that's important. :D

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110169547&postcount=5986

TBF, I'd be very happy with that - she'd be better company than many humans I've met. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Librolife

Tabnabs wrote: »

Made me emotional. Love pizza and as a vegan much more delicious pizza choices (home baking).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Librolife wrote: »
    Made me emotional. Love pizza and as a vegan much more delicious pizza choices (home baking).

2 posts in and in both you mention you're a vegan. Congratulations and welcome to Boards.

Advertisement