Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

This thread should be named the 'chat and pun thread! :D

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Chatting with imPUNity? :pac:

Did someone see a T-shirt and draw a cartoon
    481198.jpg
    or did someone see a cartoon and print a T-shirt
    update_for_your_computer.jpg

I wonder????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,678 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

One of life's great mysteries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

TheBody wrote: »
    60844257_2330100857313523_7037574291277217792_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-frx5-1.xx&oh=5650ad25f724ae0980638b41348b0a9f&oe=5D91B032

And whats worse they are driving on the wrong side of the road :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Did someone see a T-shirt and draw a cartoon
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=481198&stc=1&d=1558861170
    or did someone see a cartoon and print a T-shirt
    update_for_your_computer.jpg

I wonder????
    Clue : Picture is from 2011.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

my3cents wrote: »
    And whats worse they are driving on the wrong side of the road :)

So are the cows to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Elf on the shelf? Xxxxx on the xxxxx?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Ackbar on the snack bar!

Ackbar on the snack bar!

I'm very glad someone explained that one, after a couple of Gin and Tonics on a sunny Sunday afternoon there was no way I was working that out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110281041&postcount=6294
    And as with current fashion trends, she has one of those ridiculous eyebrows the young wans love!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110281041&postcount=6294
    And as with current fashion trends, she has one of those ridiculous eyebrows the young wans love!

Mono brow, mono brow, mono brow.

Mono, d'oh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

2541_c5c1_485.jpeg

Green tea. 2 minutes at 80 degrees. For stress.

Pedantic Pete here - it's "what a stress" or a better translation is "what a faff"
    (Sorry... I'm rolling my eyes at myself here)

Mod: Oi! Buster! No quoting pics and no chat allowed here in YLYL! Bring it to the chat thread or you'll feel the full brunt of "Ze Paddel"!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Non-mod mode: Hehehe! Tea and Coffee commented on a tea post. :D Very apt! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,231 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

They're actually both moving. The fan blades match the shutter speed of the camera :pac: **

**I tell lies for fun.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Fixed camera attached to the fan maybe? Background of white ceiling seems to be shimmering aswell.

Or maybe they just installed it the wrong way around.

13PPDLg.jpg

The election one vote candidate reminded me of this, (skip forward to 19:40)
    Disappointed that the recount scene was edited out though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

13PPDLg.jpg
    In fairness he doubled that on transfers..

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48432162

My first thought was B****** Tree
    rolion wrote: »
    481539.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

m34l54fj89131.jpg

Not related to the actual joke but who is that woman TV? Think I know her from something?

Is it Leslie Mann?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Is it Leslie Mann?

Yes indeed, the name just wasn't coming, Danke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭Be right back

m17 wrote: »
    qu0JpnJ.jpg

Where is this taken?

MOD: No chat allowed on the Cool Pics thread. The forum's chat thread can be found here, which is where I'll be moving this post. That said, I'd say it was taken in Japan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Ok, so, not Japan, then. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭Be right back

Where is this taken?

MOD: No chat allowed on the Cool Pics thread. The forum's chat thread can be found here, which is where I'll be moving this post. That said, I'd say it was taken in Japan.

Apologies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110319883&postcount=6395

Should be in the "Not For The Squeamish" thread, I am still twitching here.

That'as actually made me feel sick

FFS lads, you could have at least put up a NSFW tag.

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

That has to be an uniquely Irish grammar contraction - tbh it's fairly common ;)

Example: Used as part of a friendly greeting etc

"Theiyr're ya bunch of gob****es" ... :pac:

4098_3d7f_420.jpeg
    Making meme ≠ Procrastination :pac:

6xoIhZH.jpg
    Wow, even Ken M gave his seal of approval to this! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

New Home wrote: »
    Wow, even Ken M gave his seal of approval to this! :)
    Ken M is a legend. My favourite post of his was when they were going to reclassify Pluto as a planet and he said we should let Pluto back in as there aren't enough resources and people lost their minds trying to explain it to him :D

^^^ I meant to say shouldn't let Pluto back in

9996_59b1.jpeg

I'm handy enough at maths, but this has me...

astrofluff wrote: »

Maybe the idea is that it gives you a headache?

astrofluff wrote: »

Two professors are at a restaurant, arguing about the state of education today. "Nobody learns calculus anymore," lamented the first. "That's not true," replied the second, "it's part of the freshman curriculum."

"Okay, I'll tell you what," offered the first professor, "we'll ask the waitress a simple calculus question; if she gets it right, lunch is on me." The second professor agreed, but said, "But give me a minute, I have to use the bathroom, first."

So the second professor gets up and heads toward the restrooms. Before he gets there, though, he finds the waitress and says, "This may seem weird, but my colleague is going to ask you a question. When he does, I want you to say, 'x cubed over three', okay?" The waitress agrees, and the second professor returns to the table.

After a couple minutes, the waitress comes by to ask if everything is okay. The first professor asks her, "My friend and I were just discussing whether or not people bother to learn calculus anymore. Can you tell me, what's the integral of x squared?"

Dutifully, the waitress answers, "x cubed over three."

"Well I'll be, I guess you were right!" exclaims the first professor, "Looks like lunch is on me!"

Walking away, the waitress is heard to say, "Plus a constant..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,231 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Two professors are at a restaurant, arguing about the state of education today. "Nobody learns calculus anymore," lamented the first. "That's not true," replied the second, "it's part of the freshman curriculum."

"Okay, I'll tell you what," offered the first professor, "we'll ask the waitress a simple calculus question; if she gets it right, lunch is on me." The second professor agreed, but said, "But give me a minute, I have to use the bathroom, first."

So the second professor gets up and heads toward the restrooms. Before he gets there, though, he finds the waitress and says, "This may seem weird, but my colleague is going to ask you a question. When he does, I want you to say, 'x cubed over three', okay?" The waitress agrees, and the second professor returns to the table.

After a couple minutes, the waitress comes by to ask if everything is okay. The first professor asks her, "My friend and I were just discussing whether or not people bother to learn calculus anymore. Can you tell me, what's the integral of x squared?"

Dutifully, the waitress answers, "x cubed over three."

"Well I'll be, I guess you were right!" exclaims the first professor, "Looks like lunch is on me!"

Walking away, the waitress is heard to say, "Plus a constant..."

Oh, how we laughed! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,493 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I'm laughing too much at that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,493 ✭✭✭✭Victor

RickBlaine wrote: »
    333efq.jpg
    Image represents Sottish people. Image likely shows one Australian-American and a bunch of Irish people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Victor wrote: »
    Image represents Sottish people. Image likely shows one Australian-American and a bunch of Irish people.

Nearly spit my lunch across the table when I read this.

Victor wrote: »
    That's cultural appropriation :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Should have been posted in ‘You want, You lose’? I so want!!! :D
    Mr E wrote: »
    stNhBpM.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement