Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

humberklog wrote: »
    2 posts in and in both you mention you're a vegan. Congratulations and welcome to Boards.

5bac933c240000510095f212.jpeg?cache=otsui3fflb&ops=scalefit_720_noupscale

:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The GIF of the guy on the swing HAS to have been played backwards, there's NO WAY someone would be able to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Was thinking that too, but it would be a pretty incredible landing!

🤪

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Still more plausible than jumping up. Could be a montage, too. Still, my first reaction was "Whoooooaaaaah!!!".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Here it is reversed.

https://i.imgur.com/BOIFclR.mp4

Still not sure

• Advertisement

Ah yes, that's it - look at how the guy walks down the stairs backwards, he doesn't look very natural.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

480362.jpg
    ^^^^^

My wife used to work for a supermarket in the UK in a little Yorkshire town called Idle, they were known as the Idle workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

New Home wrote: »
    Ah yes, that's it - look at how the guy walks down the stairs backwards, he doesn't look very natural.

And the slack in the swing after he jumps off, it's absolutely the way it was done, but fooled me first time!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110196332&postcount=6075

Worztron, this is a gem! Hats off to you, it's absolutely brilliant! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Ha. That cartoon would never be allowed these days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Are they real cat kittens? I’ve never seen that coat on one before. Or is she nursing another species’ young?

She's nursing baby skunks. :) Hence Pepé Le Pew.

That explains it I thought they looked a little be like badgers.

I did wonder who would get the reference lol. A bit old school these days perhaps?

Peppy the skunk kept chasing poor Penople. A shy cat who had an accident with a can of paint and who dislikes Pepe's smell and advances. She later gets romantically interested in Pepe when his smell becomes less obvious. Some have also said Pepe was also parody to bad smelling French men. Yeah and I can see why it's no longer condsidered PC... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

gozunda wrote: »
    I did wonder who would get the reference lol. A bit old school these days perhaps?

Peppy the skunk kept chasing poor Penople. A shy cat who had an accident with a can of paint and who dislikes Pepe's smell and advances. She later gets romantically interested in Pepe when his smell becomes less obvious. Some have also said Pepe was also parody to bad smelling French men. Yeah and I can see why it's no longer condsidered PC... ;)
    me too

ganmo wrote: »
    me too

Do you disapprove of it btw?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I think me too was a play on #metoo movement in that Pepe is clearly sexually harassing the poor cat ;)

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I think me too was a play on #metoo movement in that Pepe is clearly sexually harassing the poor cat ;)

More like #Meowtoo

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Oh I got the reference. I just wasn’t sure if they were kittens that looked like skunks; another animal that looked like skunks, or actually skunks.

I’m old too. I remember Pepe.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,592 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I loved Pepe, such a romantic sweetheart.

• Advertisement

I loved Pepe, such a romantic sweetheart.
    He never took non for an answer, that's why he is so non PC these days.

He was "très romantique, ma chérie". I loooove the skippy hoppy run thingy he used to do. :)

He never took non for an answer, that's why he is so non PC these days.

Ah yes, but in the name of equality I can recall at least two occasions in which the tables turned on him and the Cat was the one to chase him (once she had a dreadful cold and couldn't smell him, and the other he broke a whole shop of cologne, IIRC). And there was even one time at least in which both of them were on the same page. :)

Ah yes, but in the name of equality I can recall at least two occasions in which the tables turned on him and the Cat was the one to chase him (once she had a dreadful cold and couldn't smell him, and the other he broke a whole shop of cologne, IIRC). And there was even one time at least in which both of them were on the same page. :)

Alas poor Pepe. Much like the chicken crossing the road- his motives have been put under the spotlight and questioned ... :~/

218-2189473_skunk-clipart-girl-pepe-le-pew-drawing-png.png

Gozunda, that was Pepé, not Poo-Poo.

EDIT: Dammit, it doesn't work if you delete the pic! :pac:

Gozunda, that was Pepé, not Poo-Poo.

EDIT: Dammit, it doesn't work if you delete the pic! :pac:

:D I can blame my inevitably dodgy keyboard lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

McCafe, three cheers? What's that got to do it a computer virus?! Completely missing that one.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

astrofluff wrote: »
    McCafe, three cheers? What's that got to do it a computer virus?! Completely missing that one.

Well it wouldn't have worked if the coffee was called Windows Defender ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

astrofluff wrote: »

https://www.mcafee.com/en-gb/index.html

Interesting guy that mr mcafee btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

inforfun wrote: »
    https://www.mcafee.com/en-gb/index.html

Interesting guy that mr mcafee btw.

Ah he's quite something. NSFW

Advertisement