Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Anything tomatoey or red-peppery. Sweet and sour sauce would also do that. Also, the type of pasta shape isn't really affecting anything.

New Home wrote: »
    Also, the type of pasta shape isn't really affecting anything.

Lah dee dah... check out who knows the difference between their pastas.:pac:

In 2019, AI-programmers were able to make convincing videos of people talking from a single source image, so they tried it on some famous portraits:

(blurb taken from QI on Twitter)
    So we're approaching a time when we will soon not be able to be sure if a video of someone saying something provocative is actually true or not.
    CT creators are going to have a field day with this technology.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

So we're approaching a time when we will soon not be able to be sure if a video of someone saying something provocative is actually true or not.
    CT creators are going to have a field day with this technology.
    Unfortunately we've kinda passed that stage with deepfake videos being distributed through social media. it has been used to help influence elections
    According to this article from Sept 2020 60% of deepfake videos now target politics and views are up 2,000% since late 2019...
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnkoetsier/2020/09/09/fake-video-election-deepfake-videos-grew-20x-since-2019/?sh=5de84817148c

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Lah dee dah... check out who knows the difference between their pastas.:pac:

Hoops, alphabet, spaghetti.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Also, the type of pasta shape isn't really affecting anything.

KcKUw7B.jpg

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Hoops, alphabet, spaghetti.

Dickie bow ftw.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They're called "butterflies". :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Tubes

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NBTD

Anything tomatoey or red-peppery. Sweet and sour sauce would also do that. Also, the type of pasta shape isn't really affecting anything.

It's from lycopene which is contained in the tomatoes.
    Rub with lemon juice and put them in the sun

The sun? You do know this is Ireland, right? :D We use sunny days to do loads of washes ("there's great drying in it"), we don't have time to sun-bleach our kitchen containers! :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

They're called "butterflies". :cool:
    Flutter By is still a better name :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NBTD

The sun? You do know this is Ireland, right? :D We use sunny days to do leads of washes ("there's great drying in it"), we don't have time to sun-bleach our kitchen containers! :pac:

Lol, it did cross my mind as I posted. I live in Sydney, so might be a bit easier here!

In this case, only if it's fast food, and "diet", too. :D

That's what my oldest used to call Butterflies. Makes way more sense.

I thought that was their old name, too, but etymonline disagrees. Anyway, both names are very fitting, they do flutter by and their wings "melt" like butter if you touch them.

and their wings "melt" like butter if you touch them.

I wouldn't know, not being a butterfly serial killer :pac:

joujoujou wrote: »
    dOAtr2j.jpg

The accessories for Barbie have kept apace with modern living.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,257 ✭✭✭✭Victor

vh4sd wrote: »
    fuYGC5U.jpg
    I'm guessing he's saying zip.
    k8KKAJV.jpg
    You won't know whether its a cat or a baby or both or a cat baby until you open it.
    545863.jpg

I was in London about 18 months ago and there was a guy on the tube eating a cardboard box. Well, that's what it looked like - you can get squares (blasphemy!) of takeaway pizza in lightweight boxes.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

fritzelly wrote: »

10mm Socket. As soon as you open a socket set these little blighters make a mad dash for freedom. Looks like this one drowned in an effort to escape

Why does it look like it was soldered on? It can't be just the rust, can it?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Like all home mechanics, I've lost a few of them.
    I found one in my shed a few months ago. Have no idea where it came from but it definitley wasn't one of my sets :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Why does it look like it was soldered on? It can't be just the rust, can it?

It fell into the cooling system of an engine.

Got caught in the thermostat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

If you are missing your 10mm socket, your partner may have put it in here. What a monster to do that :/
    3cUAM2Q.jpg

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

10mm Socket. As soon as you open a socket set these little blighters make a mad dash for freedom. Looks like this one drowned in an effort to escape
    It's a myth.

Then again I can never find a 13mm when I need one so there may be something in it.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=116482589#post116482589

I call BS. There's not even one pair of blunt scissors with glue residue on their blades in there, nor can I see any screwdrivers with broken handles, nor is there a roll of ancient, yellowed, deformed, fused-together sellotape. No string or fuses either, or oven/fridge lightbulbs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Advertisement