Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

He didn't get much out of the mother of the hospitalised child on TicToc, had to cut the call as "we were not really prepared".

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I'd hate to seem him in the front of an airplane, even of the simplest kind.

I'd love to see him in front of one. Preferably one that was going very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

He's making a right Horlicks of interviewing this lad. I'm sure he's scratching his head saying "who's this gobshyte"

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Every question he asks is wrong:o

appalling interview

• Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I'd hate to seem him in the front of an airplane, even of the simplest kind.

Paper aeroplane maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I keep saying it.........well out of his depth.

I was laughing when the woman whose (contribution was included in the buke) was all excited that her bit of writing was good enough to be in a published book that people would actually buy. Sure Mr Duffy has written bukes for sale and he dissing d an speak the language in which they are "written". That thought would have booorsted her innocent bubble :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

I was laughing when the woman whose (contribution was included in the buke) was all excited that her bit of writing was good enough to be in a published book that people would actually buy. Sure Mr Duffy has written bukes for sale and he dissing d an speak the language in which they are "written". That thought would have booorsted her innocent bubble :D

If Mr. Duffy had gone as far as nature intended and was still pursuing de social jewstiss and dat in a beard an anorak, he'd be looky if he managed to self pooblish on Amazon and dat, caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Ray is one of the biggest scammers in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 31,857 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Christ this is a meandering mess of an intro....
    Who the hell talks about TSB?! It's permanent TSB.
    I am out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Coconut milk ? Did ray just say that his listeners are stupid ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Ray is one of the biggest scammers in Dublin

Ireland*

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jesus he is one boring person. I’m not the life and soul of the party as they say but I feel like an extrovert and positive person compared to ray darcy.

shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Feeling guilty and apologising for being white again.

Literally tuned in 20 seconds and Ray is apologizing??

sligojoek wrote: »

Was Ray a reputable racist in the past?

Good god, how long is he doing it now, and he continues to mess the audio cues up, that was a particularly bad instance and he genuinely seemed fazed that time

• Registered Users Posts: 20,548 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Fazed.

bmorrissey wrote: »
    Ireland*

Ireland

Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

sligojoek wrote: »

This really really annoys me this stuff. It takes a hell of a media job to convince the people of a country that has been occupied for 800 years that they are in fact the oppressors.

The level of patronising out of D'Arcy yesterday was frankly sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,700 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I listened to a bit of D'Arcy reminding us how racist we are (just in case I hadn't heard it from Sarah McInerney/Claire Byrne/Joe Duffy/Ryan Tubridy already that day).

I had to laugh when he said he was part of an organisation with no black/person of colour/African Amercian (delete whichever is currently not allowed to be said) employees.

If he is so worried about it then maybe he should hand in his resignation on the proviso that it his replacement is black/person of colour/African Amercian (delete whichever is currently not allowed to be said).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

BPKS wrote: »
    I listened to a bit of D'Arcy reminding us how racist we are (just in case I hadn't heard it from Sarah McInerney/Claire Byrne/Joe Duffy/Ryan Tubridy already that day).

I had to laugh when he said he was part of an organisation with no black/person of colour/African Amercian (delete whichever is currently not allowed to be said) employees.

If he is so worried about it then maybe he should hand in his resignation on the proviso that it his replacement is black/person of colour/African Amercian (delete whichever is currently not allowed to be said).

They have the young black lady that does kids news and Nationwide.
    And kamal Ibrahim doing the lotto.

And Dr. Ebun Joseph is on RTE so often it's as if she works there. :)

Ray is wearing a dreadlock wig today

He put it on so he could ask Jenny to take the knee when he goes home.

He put it on so he could ask Jenny to take the knee when he goes home.

JYsus... she’d have to go low.... he sounds taller on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,034 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

What a thick thick man.

So he wants the government to walk everyone around by the hand. Tell us EXACTLY what we can and can't do.

How about adults using a wee bit of cop on and intelligence? Why do we need the gov to tell us what to do?

If you have to ask yourself "is this meet up legal" then it probably isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Clon63

Ray being just a wee bit simple in his monologue there.

Although he did aay that one mans livelihood is not worth one mans life. Apart from being unwoke am glad tnis means he is willing to sacrifice his €450000 per annum to support the fight in the coming weeks. Imagine though as a result if we had to do without him on the radio wach day. Such a sacrifice ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Ray's lamenting the never ending bad news on all media that may be affecting some people...eh...HELLO...he's sitting in the epicentre of doom and gloom HQ

Advertisement