Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple MacBook Pro 2017 13 Inch i5 8GB 256GB Silver

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭paidi_ed

Had a reservation code for Mahon Point in Cork. Pickup was Wednesday but got text at 12 saying it was in stock, hot footed it over there in about 15 mins but the kiosks had been updated and the new price of E1799 showed up :-( Also have a missed call in the last 5 mins, guessing its them calling to say if I want it at E1799

Tried collecting at desk and they said it was misprice, oh well, worth a punt. Good luck to those who got one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Red Lightning

If it's been updated at the self service then I'm guessing no point in trying now even with a reservation number?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,560 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

cotton wrote: »
    I did :)

Nice one. Enjoy!

Shame that you have to prove it to the jealous doubters :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I'd still call and go to a self service, if it's not too far from you there's no harm. Worst that'll happen is you'll be a couple of days down €800 till they refund it.

I only had a reservation email but the one without a number. I have no number to input into the self service machine.

Picked my one up today, delighted, thanks OP. Just trying to remember my adverts.ie password now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Picked my one up today, delighted, thanks OP. Just trying to remember my adverts.ie password now

Swap for BMX in my ads?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ebeanz

Gutted, I have a reservation number but it's not going to be honoured and it was going to be my daughters 21st birthday present :( well done to everyone lucky enough to get one

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Swap for BMX in my ads?

:D
    Offer €10 if you can deliver

Got a text saying it's ready to collect. 1hr 20mins drive. To try or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

If you got a text I'd say go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

I wouldnt bother now. Self service cant be used as its no longer 799. Theres no chance staff will knock 1000 off it and honour reservation. If it had been early this morning then you would have had a chance.

2hr 40mins round trip for possibly nothing. Not sure what to do.

dan786 wrote: »
    I wouldnt bother now. Self service cant be used as its no longer 799. Theres no chance staff will knock 1000 off it and honour reservation. If it had been early this morning then you would have had a chance.

Did you manage to get yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭fed_u

Mine isn't due in until tomorrow and I havent heard anything about a cancellation. Tempted to head in after work this eve and see...

ebeanz wrote: »
    Did you manage to get yours?

Nope posted earlier. This was around 11am.
    Not to be. Got a voicemail saying its cancelled. Got a friend to go and try self service. No luck as it didnt work. He had a chat with manager who showed him a list of about 30 people she called to say its cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

cotton wrote: »
    I did :)

Nice one.

I don’t understand though, a few posters at the start of the thread informed us that there was ZERO chance of this being honoured...

dan786 wrote: »
    Nope posted earlier. This was around 11am.

Shame :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

2hr 40mins round trip for possibly nothing. Not sure what to do.

€1000 discount...

€1000 discount...

Worth it if it was definite but can't see me getting anything.

Worth it if it was definite but can't see me getting anything.

As I said above, I wouldnt. No chance now after Self Service tills have been updated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭DopeTech

If you didn't get a call then yes go.

Sir Dosser wrote:
    If you didn't get a call then yes go.

But how should I tackle it? Self service will show €1799.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gl0Rob

Did you see it say €1799? 😉

nava wrote: »
    I manage to get 1 of the 3 sold on they Ebay Argos none left.

EDIT: Just wanted to update that doesn't mean I will get it, the email say. Once we have processed and accepted your order we will aim to dispatch it within 1 working day. We will also send tracking details to you and update the order status in eBay. Please check your emails and messages again soon.

Any update on this? Still showing at 799 on Ebay but OOS.

gl0Rob wrote:
    Did you see it say €1799? 😉

It says €1799 if ya check on Argos now. My email says €799 but they can just say it was an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭cmssjone

I went to Dun L this morning. I had a code and email and had been told that the MBP was ready to collect. I went to self service and my reservation was not valid, ie not there. Went to see a service rep and they told me that it had been spotted by head office and they had been told not to honour it. Fair dues to the guy(s) who got in before me and managed to get the print out before the kiosks were updated.

TLDR: Don't bother it's a waste of your time travelling now

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gl0Rob

It says €1799 if ya check on Argos now. My email says €799 but they can just say it was an error.

Ah okay that’s weird, when I look on the website or app it shows no prices and when I click in, it shows product not found

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

If the price changed at the self service I wouldn't bother now

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭CFC007

Was the call from an English number from Wolves?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭judgefoozle

I tried in Athlone just there - only because I was passing and got a text. Said can't the machine that it can't find the number - so I'd say they're all blocked.

Wouldn't try unless it's not out of your way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement