Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple MacBook Pro 2017 13 Inch i5 8GB 256GB Silver

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I know there will be different views on this, but, taking advantage of this purely just to make money from it, twice, is a tad bit selfish and immoral.

Are you familiar with the works of Friedrich Nietzsche.

Da Man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

No Luck in Limerick Childers Road.
    Self service reservation code not recognised. Counter, no Joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Just picked up a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

dan786 wrote: »
    Just picked up a second.

Self service?

• Advertisement

On way now too. An you post receipt?

Just picked up a second.

Dan Da Man

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Self service?

Nope manned till. Shows full price on Self Service.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Highcontrast1

Just picked up a second.

now go play the lotto :D - fair play!

Have a few other due in a different store tomorrow also. So 2 out of 2 so far. Few more to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

Maybe look after OP with one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Have a few other due in a different store tomorrow also. So 2 out of 2 so far. Few more to go.

Fair play man, I might chance my arm when I get the text tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Mine isn't due in until Thursday. No call about cancellation.
    I tried entering the code yesterday but it said they couldn't find a reservation with that code.
    Not sure if it's cancelled or if that's standard before a reservation arrives in store.

markad1 wrote: »
    Maybe look after OP with one

I'm sure the OP can make an offer of 1300 to secure the bid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

Wow it’s back to 1800 now, we’ll done anybody who got one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If the OP didn't get one, I have one reserved for tomorrow and no real need for it so he can have mine at 799 if they give it to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Alpha_zero wrote: »
    I'm sure the OP can make an offer of 1300 to secure the bid.

Why ?? making a profit of €400-500 when he sells one isn’t enough & he wouldn’t have got either without OP original post
    It would be a fairly decent gesture to give OP the option esp that he’s now said he has more reservations due over next day or 2

shardylan wrote: »
    Why ?? making a profit of €400-500 when he sells one isn’t enough & he wouldn’t have got either without OP original post
    It would be a fairly decent gesture to give OP the option esp that he’s now said he has more reservations due over next day or 2

We live in the real world and that still a bargain.

Kimbot wrote: »
    If the OP didn't get one, I have one reserved for tomorrow and no real need for it so he can have mine at 799 if they give it to me :)

You wouldn't get one i can tell.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Anything is possible in my local Argos ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭blade1

That's the spirit! :P

Kimbot wrote: »
    Anything is possible in my local Argos ;)

Look i hope that you will but know that you wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    No Luck in Limerick Childers Road.

No luck as in you had a code and they refused the reduced price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Can someone clarify the following, I reserved one but just got the email notification that it would be in stock on such a day, are people now getting reserved codes when stock is available and some successfully purchasing at reduced price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Dan has done this before on many different BAs.

Think I'm banned from his adverts for pointing it out previously.

Fairly certain it's the same fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

baldshin wrote:
    No luck as in you had a code and they refused the reduced price?

Yep

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Yep

Same in tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

august12 wrote: »
    Can someone clarify the following, I reserved one but just got the email notification that it would be in stock on such a day, are people now getting reserved codes when stock is available and some successfully purchasing at reduced price.

It appears that the earlier reservations were the higher a chance someone had of it following through.

In my case I reserved at 8am (ish) on the day of the OP, and got a reservation code informing me that it would be available to collect tomorrow.

Then got the follow up text to go collect.

Others have reported being telephoned by Argos staff and told that their order was cancelled or available at the 1799 price if they still wanted it.

In my case , they (Argos staff) could obviously see that I had reserved at the lower price, and that they had sent me texts confirming same, including one that said my item was ready to collect.

I'd 110% still be going in to Argos if you were lucky enough to get the reservation code at the discounted price, and have received texts that your order is ready to collect.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Reading the thread it seems anyone who has actually pushed back in the store seems to have got one. Did anyone who got refused try pointing out to them that other people have had the reservation honoured and still got refused?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

Reading the thread it seems anyone who has actually pushed back in the store seems to have got one. Did anyone who got refused try pointing out to them that other people have had the reservation honoured and still got refused?

If you got a code, you were likely to get it. The very early birds managed to secure units that were actually in stock so they always had the best chance. The next batch could reserve to collect, got a text message to go and collect. (Dan and co). They did really well.
    The rest of us just got an email with the store opening hours, stating that they will "send you a code if you requested" - we were the 3rd group and got no codes or texts to collect.

Anyone in the latter group, in the interest of self preservation, would be advised not to hold their breath.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement