Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

There is 4 or 5 examples of dehumanisation where people are painted "bogus", a "threat" as fake, where we are given images "flooding" of people and huge swathes of people through "mass" migration.

The language you use Dr Brown is inherently racist because it dehumanises people and seeks to represent anyone that is not White, Irish or Catholic as a dangerous threat to Irish society.

Also not sure were you going with the "Catholic" thing I never once brought it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Dr Brown wrote: »
    There is 4 or 5 examples of dehumanisation where people are painted "bogus", a "threat" as fake, where we are given images "flooding" of people and huge swathes of people through "mass" migration.

The language you use Dr Brown is inherently racist because it dehumanises people and seeks to represent anyone that is not White, Irish or Catholic as a dangerous threat to Irish society.

The vast majority of asylum seekers that come to Ireland are bogus that happens to be factually true.

Just ask former government official Sean Deegan who oversaw fake "asylum seekers" coming to Ireland.

I don't see why we should have any tolerance for people who are trying to scam the system ?

Another nonsense YouTube video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

The Washington Post describe them as white nationalist...
    “I urge you to vote for Donald Trump because he is the one candidate who points out that we should accept immigrants who are good for America,” Taylor says on the recording, which was paid for by the American National super PAC. “We don’t need Muslims. We need smart, well-educated white people who will assimilate to our culture. Vote Trump.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/01/12/why-this-leading-white-nationalist-is-urging-iowa-voters-to-back-donald-trump/?utm_term=.1362dc0c9174

Fortune magazine describe them as "white supremacist".
    http://fortune.com/2016/01/12/white-supremacists-trump/

Don Black owner of Stormfront, the Neo Nazi website is one of the people who tends to attend the American Renaissance Conference.... Mark Weber known for running a holocaust denial group also attends. It's almost as if the organisations to white supremacists and anti-semites.

Anyway, it's pretty clear that you can't provide a credible source for your claims about Boers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Odhinn

The SPLC are not (.............................)

So you're saying they aren't a bunch of racists?

https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/New_Century_Foundation

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/american-renaissance-magazine/

• Advertisement

A "White Nationalist" is not the same thing as a "White Supremacist".

The folks in American Renaissance do not call themselves "White Supremacists".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

They just have the owner of Stormfront attend their events.....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

You don't call yourself a racist. Doesn't change the fact that you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,816 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

And? Not calling themselves something means nothing.

You dont call yourself a racist but you clearly hold many strong racist views

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 25,409 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

But the white supremacist sites you link to are :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

All. Let's remember to attack the post, not the poster. Cards will be handed out if you can't remember this. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

A rose by any other name...

The tide is turning…

A rose by any other name...

They may call the themselves "White Nationalists" but certainly not "White Supremacists".

The only person I'm aware of who calls himself a "White Supremacist" is Tom Metzger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Of course with these people, not all white people are equal.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_14,_1891_New_Orleans_lynchings
    Us papists should be grateful they have another religion to focus in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

You don't call yourself a racist. Doesn't change the fact that you are.
    if it walks like a duck , quacks like a duck......

• Registered Users Posts: 23,207 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

if it walks like a duck , quacks like a duck......

The mass media wants you think its a duck but thats just corruption its actually a mongoose.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

ever feel like you're surrounded by g0bsh1tes? on one hand there are absolute g0bsh1tes screwing up the world, and on the other hand, there are even more g0bsh1tes pointing it out wrong.....

Doesn't matter what they call themselves, the fact is they are white supremacists, racists and all that.

Do you think there should be a law barring interracial relationships?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr_serious2

Pter wrote: »
    Mod

All. Let's remember to attack the post, not the poster. Cards will be handed out if you can't remember this. Thanks.

Even certain mods throw around the racist tag quite freely.

Normally get this complaint & the reverse when an argument isn't going the way one side wants. If the mod in question isn't a mod for AH their just a normal poster in AH.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

pjohnson wrote: »
    The mass media wants you think its a duck but thats just corruption its actually a mongoose.

But it's cool for Tom green to hump a dead moose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Anyway, back to Gemma.

Why is anyone worried about this batshyt crazy loony tunes? Her mass protest against RTE yesterday summoned up about 30 people. The turnout was so embarrassing that she has taken down her footage of it.

She rambles on and on about patriotism and "standing up to elites" but then her analysis of what's wrong (such as it is) meanders along topics like "mass immigraton" "anti vaxxing" George Soros and the fact that a bunch of chancers wou didn't pay their mortgage for about 12 years got turfed out of their house.

The woman is as daft as a brush.

And most people seem to think so.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

What if Gemma has devined her inner journalistic qualities and decided to deep dive into what drives fringe wing politics and could she muster support from idiots with a voting card?

In a few months time will she appear on the Late Late with Ryan going- "Phew, that was weird, i spouted the most devisive nonsensical guff i could find on the internet, mixed it with nutty maths, totally contradicted my allegiances and attempted to label everyone in ireland a traitor. It waa gas. And marginally successful.

Anyway, back to Gemma.

Why is anyone worried about this batshyt crazy loony tunes? Her mass protest against RTE yesterday summoned up about 30 people. The turnout was so embarrassing that she has taken down her footage of it.

She rambles on and on about patriotism and "standing up to elites" but then her analysis of what's wrong (such as it is) meanders along topics like "mass immigraton" "anti vaxxing" George Soros and the fact that a bunch of chancers wou didn't pay their mortgage for about 12 years got turfed out of their house.

The woman is as daft as a brush.

And most people seem to think so.

It's not so much "worry" as a certain curiosity as to why a seemingly rational person went down the rabbit hole so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Apparently some users think they're mods. Stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

humberklog wrote: »
    What if Gemma has devined her inner journalistic qualities and decided to deep dive into what drives fringe wing politics and could she muster support from idiots with a voting card?

In a few months time will she appear on the Late Late with Ryan going- "Phew, that was weird, i spouted the most devisive nonsensical guff i could find on the internet, mixed it with nutty maths, totally contradicted my allegiances and attempted to label everyone in ireland a traitor. It waa gas. And marginally successful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law

Odhinn wrote: »
    It's not so much "worry" as a certain curiosity as to why a seemingly rational person went down the rabbit hole so quickly.

She's had some bad experiences in her life and mental health is not something that is easily explained.

The rambling etc reminded me of when a close friend was being treated for severe depression but hers are a lot worse.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    She's had some bad experiences in her life and mental health is not something that is easily explained.

The rambling etc reminded me of when a close friend was being treated for severe depression but hers are a lot worse.

I've always had the notion that her experiences with one Martin Callinan are responsible for it, but of course I've no evidence to back that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

DubInMeath wrote: »

She has. And I get what you mean about seeing it on occasion in other people. However I've yet to see a person with severe depression be so functional and organised.

I reckon she has a paranoid personality disorder with a side of schizoid-narcissism and she needs psychiatric help for it.

I would also be concerned for people vulnerable to such things that she may be influencing online and who be adversely affected by her.

• Advertisement

Larbre34 wrote: »
    She has. And I get what you mean about seeing it on occasion in other people. However I've yet to see a person with severe depression be so functional and organised.

I reckon she has a paranoid personality disorder with a side of schizoid-narcissism and she needs psychiatric help for it.

I would also be concerned for people vulnerable to such things that she may be influencing online and who be adversely affected by her.

In the case with my friend the ramblings as I put it came out when they drank heavily while on the medication to treat their depression and usually took the form of how none of us understood or supported him, only he knew what was best in relation to xy and z etc.

In terms of vulnerable people being affected by her, that's a possibility of course but not all her supporters are in any way vulnerable in terms of mental health in the traditional sense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement