Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Options

Comments

batgoat wrote: »
    He's political on the center left though..

He's a good example of her supporters ignore requests for evidence and troll on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

There are lies, damned lies and Dr Brown posts.

Its true you can look it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Dr Brown wrote: »

Really? Where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Provide a source. I hope it's better than the Kilkenny Journal...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Apparently Marian Finucane is on €80k an hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZasFAcO3XsA&feature=youtu.be&t=457

• Advertisement

Apparently Marian Finucane is on €80k an hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZasFAcO3XsA&feature=youtu.be&t=457

Yep. Based on advertising. Being a Journo Gemma might have been expected to know that and not spout shite, but sure there ye go......

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

She's unhinged and as sad as the circumstances around her spiral downwards are, she's becoming a genuine headcase who could end up doing something seriously dangerous.

https://twitter.com/DumbartonOne/status/1114557692260044802?s=19

Where is this figure coming from!?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

At the beginning she states twice that Marian Finucane earns €80,000 an hour. She says it twice.

That's not true. Marian is grotesquely overpaid but it ain't €80,000 an hour. And this is from an award winning journalist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Presumably it's 80,000 x 4 hours a week = 320,000 a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,625 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Am. Ah. No.

16-17 million a year?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,816 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

If you flood the country with Immigration then you won't be able to provide those services to anybody.

We can already see that mass Immigration is a major contributory factor to the homeless crisis

At least 30% of homeless poeple are Non-Nationals.

And no I'm not "far-right" I'm a Labour man my views would be very much in line with the old Australian Labour Party.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/almost-one-third-of-newly-homeless-families-are-non-nationals-1.3523107

You really are not centre left at all under any circumstances

You support apartheid in South Africa
    Gemma O'Doherty is not far right enough for you because she once said something nice about refugees
    You use a far right hate site as your sources (kilkenny journal)
    You use dehumanising and demonising language about anyone that is not white and Irish
    You support discriminatory policies against migrants and refugees

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

batgoat wrote: »
    The GDP was alot high in the 80s and the country was safer for everyone.

Also currency is now worth FA compared to what it was 30 years ago.

That doesnt sound like "progress" to me.

Why do you conveniently ignore what apartheid laws involved? You said earlier that you support everyone being treated equally. Under apartheid law, equality did not exist. You support a state based around ethnic segregation and white supremacy.
    If you flood the country with Immigration then you won't be able to provide those services to anybody.

We can already see that mass Immigration is a major contributory factor to the homeless crisis

At least 30% of homeless poeple are Non-Nationals.

And no I'm not "far-right" I'm a Labour man my views would be very much in line with the old Australian Labour Party.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/almost-one-third-of-newly-homeless-families-are-non-nationals-1.3523107

That's specific to Dublin, the national average is 12%... Dublin's homelessness is related to landlords and poor planning...
    Many tds in dail eireann are greedy landlords.

It's quite obviously not 80,000 every hour. But over the course of a year she earns 80,000 for that one particular hour x 4 hours a week. that's the only way it could work.

anyway, it's long been out there that Finucane is the most grossly overpaid for the output.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Many tds in dail eireann are greedy landlords.

And most people are perfectly aware of that, doesn't relate to the discussion in the slightest...

My maths might be out but i make that 320,000 a week. But I'm not an award winning journalist.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The GDP was alot high in the 80s and the country was safer for everyone.

Also currency is now worth FA compared to what it was 30 years ago.

That doesnt sound like "progress" to me.

Murder rates are way down on the bad old apartheid days
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_South_Africa

I'm still trying to figure out how you got that number?

It's quite obviously not 80,000 every hour. But over the course of a year she earns 80,000 for that one particular hour x 4 hours a week. that's the only way it could work.

anyway, it's long been out there that Finucane is the most grossly overpaid for the output.

Still doesn't make any sense - The annual figure is reported to be €640k ish and at 80k per hour that would be just 8 hours work...

humberklog wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure out how you got that number?

So presumably, I don't know. Finucane gets paid 80,000 for an hour of radio from 11am to 12pm on a Saturday. She does 4 hours of this per week. Over the course of the year this is 320,000. She does not work 52 weeks of the year or anything like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,816 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

So presumably, I don't know. Finucane gets paid 80,000 for an hour of radio from 11am to 12pm on a Saturday. She does 4 hours of this per week. Over the course of the year this is 320,000. She does not work 52 weeks of the year or anything like it.

Now thats a bit silly

Just because a presenter is on air for 4 hours a week does not mean they only work 4 hours a week. They would be doing lots of other work: having production meetings, editorial meetings, research meetings, preparation meetings, Pre interviews etc.

I dont what MFs working hours are but I would hazard a guess its way more than 4 a week. I mean a presenter doesnt walk into the studio having zero knowledge about what they are presenting and having done zero preparation to find out what is being discussed.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

But 4 x €80,000 is €320,000. That's a week.

I'm not expecting you to be Brian Cox but that's surely simple enough maths? Especially for an award winning journalist like Gemma who went to the best of schools.

Are you seeing that? 4 multiplied by €80,000 is €320,000. Marian does on air 4 hours a week. Gemma says Marian is paid €80,000 an hour. Are you hearing that?

Can you do that maths?

Well, what ever it is, it's been a long running point of discussion on boards and the press. As usual opinion is divided.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66622132

Well, what ever it is, it's been a long running point of discussion on boards and the press. As usual opinion is divided.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66622132

Don't get me wrong, Marian is over paid. By a lot. And is well beyond her sell by date.

My point is is that GO'D says MF is paid €80,000 an hour and stupid people hear that idiocy and think Gemma is correct. I'm saying Gemma's maths is stupid and wrong and only fukcwits would agree with her maths.

I know you tried once to figure out Gemma's thinking but I think you should have a look again. The maths isn't difficult. Pop it into a calculator.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The maths isn't difficult.

Math* :p

Nope. Maths. It's not Beverley Hills 90120. Ffs.

"math", 5G, vacinations....when will you soros people relent?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

Death threats is not free speech.

Who has come forward tosay they’ve received death threats?

So how are you getting on with this maths?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,175 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So how are you getting on with this maths?

I'd say rachel riley would struggle with that maths

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement