Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

She wants to ban certain ideologies and education, also wants to promote free speech.

She wants to ban the HPV vaccine, but also wants to promote pro-life polices, which interestingly enough doesn’t include all life.

These “pillars” don’t appear very stable. A bit like Gemma and her followers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

If any Boardsie is there tonight, will you let her know that the farmer down in Kilkenny who cut down the hedges has new ones planted already.
    I'm not sure if these have been funded by Soros or are 5g resistant.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,468 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

So Gemma is getting people thrown out of the meeting by security guards that don't appear to be wearing the mandatory ID required by the Private Security Authority;

https://twitter.com/EchoChambersPod/status/1105192880820420609

• Registered Users Posts: 40,871 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

So much for Gemma saying she supports free speech

http://tortoiseshack.ie/anti-corruption-ireland-martin-mcmahon/

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Martin has reported it to the Gardaí since it looks like laws were broken... She was previously on their podcast but they since realised she was a bit of a loon, to give credit to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

batgoat wrote: »
    Martin has reported it to the Gardaí since it looks like laws were broken... She was previously on their podcast but they since realised she was a bit of a loon, to give credit to them.

I have been a guest on their podcast too and they do try to cover all the bases, which is why it is so popular and also one of the best podcasts around. Maybe by having her on it, they were letting more people know what a loon she is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Auntie Semite

Good crowd at the meeting judging from the video.

skimpydoo wrote: »
    I have been a guest on their podcast too and they do try to cover all the bases, which is why it is so popular and also one of the best podcasts around. Maybe by having her on it, they were letting more people know what a loon she is.

They were pretty big fans of hers at the time but her extreme views weren't as apparent at the time. They're pretty open and honest on the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

It's funny seeing Gemma diss Sinn Fein especially since she asked them to nominate her for president.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I listened to them for the first time when they had Karl Deeter on and while I don't agree with everything they say they do a good podcast and seem to know what they're talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,871 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It's funny seeing Gemma diss Sinn Fein especially since she asked them to nominate her for president.

Oh she did the same with PBP and Soc Dems and she tried to convince Panti Bliss she was a big lgbt supporter. Since then she has viciously attacked PBP and Soc Dems and gone extreme homophobe transphobe. Shes a liar and a hypocrite and a racist bully. See the way she targeted a young child in Ashbourne the other day because she is black.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 25,421 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

She has gone very quiet in twitter/FB after many people pointed out to her the lies contained in the liberals article about Tyrellstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Theres about 40 people there. Its a pathetic crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,242 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The Nal wrote: »
    Theres about 40 people there. Its a pathetic crowd.

Its double figures so that is a win for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Still and all I wonder who really killed Veronica Guerin.
    Oh she did the same with PBP and Soc Dems and she tried to convince Panti Bliss she was a big lgbt supporter. Since then she has viciously attacked PBP and Soc Dems and gone extreme homophobe transphobe. Shes a liar and a hypocrite and a racist bully. See the way she targeted a young child in Ashbourne the other day because she is black.

Panti Bliss is not Transgender.
    Well they called it 'anti corruption' bit like calling it sunshine and rainbows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

The basic summary of this thread is,

"I don't agree with Gemma O'Doherty, therefore she's crazy".

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Panti Bliss is not Transgender.

They did say
    gone extreme homophobe transphobe.

I'm pretty sure Rory is gay. His boyfriend certainly is.

DS86DS wrote: »

Nope. Its "Gemma O'Doherty says crazy things, therefore she's crazy"

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

more like:

I dont agree with her BECAUSE she is crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Even when she used to express left-leaning views, before she started cosying up to the far-right, I thought she was a bit... off... to put it mildly. The Mary Boyle stuff, for example. Conspiracies everywhere.

• Advertisement

Well if you're to conveniently ignore the conspiracy theories she subscribes to.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

She was posting this crap from the liberla.ie the other night

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1104869721541955584

It's worth noting that the liberal took that photo from a music video.

Grayson wrote: »

haha fantastic.

You know you're onto a loser when Buzz.ie are easily debunking your politics.

https://www.buzz.ie/amp/news/theliberal-ie-have-been-caught-out-for-posting-fake-inaccurate-and-downright-racist-news-218878

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ollkiller

There is a post about Isis fighters returning and one lady said "Varadker didn't have a drop of Irish blood in his body". I said well his mother is from Dungarvan in Waterford so he kinda does have some Irish blood. To which she replied "But where was he born". I replied The Rotunda in Dublin. And with that my posts were removed from the thread. And i was being civil. Bit of an echo chamber going on.

ollkiller wrote: »
    There is a post about Isis fighters returning and one lady said "Varadker didn't have a drop of Irish blood in his body". I said well his mother is from Dungarvan in Waterford so he kinda does have some Irish blood. To which she replied "But where was he born". I replied The Rotunda in Dublin. And with that my posts were removed from the thread. And i was being civil. Bit of an echo chamber going on.

Ah sure its an old, tried and tested tactic.

MV5BZTIzNGE3MTYtYjIyNy00MTM2LTg3MDItOWNjYWNkNDNlMjM1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDI3NzQxODA@._V1_UY268_CR3,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

And I'll bet these gob****es parrot that line "Facts don't care about your feelings."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Censorship!!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭dohboy

They had her on a year ago and it was a very soft-soap stuff. Didn't challenge her at all on the fact she was retweeting InfoWars etc, by that stage. They've since realised the error of their ways but were happy to champion her for long enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Ipso wrote: »
    Censorship!!

Aye. Fair enough if i was trolling them but i didn't insult anyone on that page. Just pointed out where they were factually incorrect. They don't like facts. Of should i say they like alternative facts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Grayson wrote: »
    She was posting this crap from the liberla.ie the other night

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1104869721541955584

So in other words, Gemma is in the wrong here for reporting on African gang violence, and not the African gangs causing violence. Makes sense :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement