Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,900 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

• Registered Users Posts: 17,911 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

john4321 wrote: »

So shes still a bitter, mean, twisted, sad, racist, bigoted, homophobic, hate filled, conspiracy theorist.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

So African culture should be in Africa.
    Muslim culture should be in the Arab world????

Loads of African nations are predominantly Muslim.

And what is the Arab World that she speaks of?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

KikiLaRue wrote: »
    SHEEPLE!

By my most generous of estimates, less than 1% of her followers engage positively with her tweets.

And I've noticed many of the replies are either negative, or the positive ones are by people using made up handles instead of their real names.

Of her 26k followers, how many do we think are
    a) true supporters
    b) bots
    c) people like us who think she's nuts but follow for the entertainment value
    I always wonder about the ones that are some fake picture or meme with a weird name and private profile, you see them all over this **** on twitter, facebook, youtube, and in different languages. Are they really organised bots/fakes or just a trolling/altright subculture type thing

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

so she prefers when they are nowhere near her and would like a white ethnostate? nothing racist about that at all at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    So African culture should be in Africa.
    Muslim culture should be in the Arab world????

Loads of African nations are predominantly Muslim.

And what is the Arab World that she speaks of?

And Irish culture should be in Ireland. So no cranking out "riverdance" tours, no GAA abroad and certainly all Irish pubs outside the island of ireland should be shut immediately.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Odhinn wrote: »
    And Irish culture should be in Ireland. So no cranking out "riverdance" tours, no GAA abroad and certainly all Irish pubs outside the island of ireland should be shut immediately.

At least we get to keep our precious Guinness*

*aside from the Guinness brewed in Africa and the Seychelles.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Usually these people mean rules apply to everyone else but them, so I assume it's ok for Irish people to still go abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Cienciano wrote: »
    Usually these people mean rules apply to everyone else but them, so I assume it's ok for Irish people to still go abroad.

Great, more sunburned Gingers in Mayo tops when I'm abroad :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭KerryGoat

Funnily enough I was reading about her today, it's mentalt the things she comes out with, the anti vaxx things make her dangerous in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

KerryGoat wrote: »
    Funnily enough I was reading about her today, it's mentalt the things she comes out with, the anti vaxx things make her dangerous in my opinion

And the racism, islamophobia, homophobia, transphobia, bullying, hate mongering

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 32,403 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I don't see GODs name on the Irish times poll for the European elections...surely this is a mistake?!? It's a conspiracy by the media!!!

gmisk wrote: »
    I don't see GODs name on the Irish times poll for the European elections...surely this is a mistake?!? It's a conspiracy by the media!!!

Numbers from 0 and below don't make the polls :D

The Soros Globalists!!!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭francois

The Soros Globalists!!!

She'll blame everything and everyone apart from the fact she's a bitter, mean, twisted, sad, racist, bigoted, homophobic, hate filled, conspiracy theorist.

She polled at 1%

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 32,403 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

She polled at 1%
    Thanks i must have missed that in the article.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,660 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

She polled at 1%

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

She polled at 1%

±4.5%.

:pac:

Just cos someone let's you in to their premises, doesn't equal "great support".
    Mind you, after all the hotels that refused her from spreading her racist, islamophobic, homophobic, transphobic, bullying, hate mongering views, maybe someone letting her in the door IS seen as great support.

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1126467210531225600?s=20

Its such a sad photo really. Not even a couple of supporters canvassing for her in shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭circadian

The comment threads on her twitter are always either hilarious or outright confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

She polled at 1%

Gemma - The Margin of Error Candidate. Put that on a bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Gemma - The Margin of Error Candidate. Put that on a bus.

Sounds like a modern Bond film title like Quantum of Solace :P

Just cos someone let's you in to their premises, doesn't equal "great support".
    Mind you, after all the hotels that refused her from spreading her racist, islamophobic, homophobic, transphobic, bullying, hate mongering views, maybe someone letting her in the door IS seen as great support.

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1126467210531225600?s=20

Its such a sad photo really. Not even a couple of supporters canvassing for her in shot.

Probably went in for some rashers and grabbed a sneaky photo op, lad behind the counter probably hasn't a clue who she is.

"Now that we are living under Communism in #Ireland, we need to understand the rules of the game. When your opponents are gaining too much popularity, try to have them silenced by labelling them racists or fascists"
    https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1126597795123798016

Did I miss something over night?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

"Now that we are living under Communism in #Ireland, we need to understand the rules of the game. When your opponents are gaining too much popularity, try to have them silenced by labelling them racists or fascists"
    https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1126597795123798016

Did I miss something over night?

Apparently Ireland now looks like this (in her head)

tenor.gif?itemid=3841971

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I do hope that the "but she makes some good points" crowd perform some honest introspection and figure out how they got conned into thinking that Gemma was anything but a nutty, cynical shyster.

Having a glance at Twitter, she's saying there was a fakenews story about bus drivers not wanting to drive buses with her campaign ad on them.

Where is this news story?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Bus drivers must be all Soros lackeys too
    Having a glance at Twitter, she's saying there was a fakenews story about bus drivers not wanting to drive buses with her campaign ad on them.

haven't seen the news story she is referring to but there is the letter from the bus drivers union complaining about her ad. doesn't look like fake news to me.

• Advertisement

Here. Not quite what she claims.

http://www.lookleftonline.org/2019/05/bus-drivers-union-takes-a-stand-against-eu-election-candidate-gemma-odoherty/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement