Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 35 Thread * Spoilers* (*No Betting Talk*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Please God please let Hawkins' streak end to those two boring wasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,817 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Looks like Revival vs Hawkins/Ryder for the Raw tag titles has been added.

unusual thought it would be Black/Ricochet vs Revival

Got too love mania week and it can offically begin after SD live tonight when the card will be 100% confirmed . Really prefer when Takeover was Sat night instead of that boring Hall Of Fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭cena

Why is maina is long this year?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

cena wrote: »
    Why is maina is long this year?

I think it's been 7 (2 pre-show and 5 main show) for ages now.

Honestly, I'm going to break it up over Monday. I wouldn't binge watch 7 one hour episodes of a series without taking lengthy breaks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I think it's been 7 (2 pre-show and 5 main show) for ages now.

Honestly, I'm going to break it up over Monday. I wouldn't binge watch 7 one hour episodes of a series without taking lengthy breaks.

Since it went to the network for WM 30 iirc, yeah.

I'll watch the show live. Lucky enough to be off until Wednesday of that week so my weekend goes as follows:

Takeover Friday night
    Dublin with wifey Saturday night
    WrestleMania Sunday night
    RAW Monday night

Bed at about 7 o clock on Tuesday to recover :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

PTH2009 wrote: »

Got too love mania week and it can offically begin after SD live tonight when the card will be 100% confirmed . Really prefer when Takeover was Sat night instead of that boring Hall Of Fame.

Much prefer it being on Friday, don't have to choose between NXT and the G1 this way!

Sunday times
    10pm- pre show
    12pm- main show

• Registered Users Posts: 85,143 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

With regards the triple threat discussion who do we think should take the pin/submission in the main event?

My instinct is that Becky should pin or tap out Ronda if the latter is taking time off. It's what the fans want to see and it sets up a Becky vs Charlotte feud in the aftermath since Charlotte wouldn't have been involved in the decision.

But if there's a chance Ronda works Summerslam, perhaps Becky pinning or tapping out Charlotte is the right move since it could make a one-on-one match with Ronda huge since she'd still never have been directly involved in a loss.

Thoughts?

I want Becky to win by pin or submission on Ronda but feel Charlotte was added to take the pin

When Becky wins both titles, she appears on both SD and RAW, as she is the most over current WWE star makes sense to have her everywhere :P

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Rey Mysterio vs Samoa Joe might not be great.... but what if it is? If those two tear it up on such a big stage in 2019 I might shed a tear. Well not really but I'll post a tearful emoji somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭cena

Anyways be know where the wrestler would be stay. My mom is in Brooklyn for a few weeks with the cousins that are going. I'm sure she would like a photo with Stephanie, triple h. Stone or the rock. She wouldn't know any of today's wrestlers

• Advertisement

cian68 wrote: »
    Rey Mysterio vs Samoa Joe might not be great.... but what if it is? If those two tear it up on such a big stage in 2019 I might shed a tear. Well not really but I'll post a tearful emoji somewhere

Dominic will get involved and be choked out by Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Officer999

Is Ronda still undefeated since her debut at last year's Wrestlemania?

Surprised that hasn't been hyped more if it is

Anyone else think Batista will win and Triple H retires from the ring ???

Officer999 wrote: »
    Is Ronda still undefeated since her debut at last year's Wrestlemania?

Surprised that hasn't been hyped more if it is

In singles competition, yeah, but she did lose a tag match with Natalya against Banks/Bayley a few months ago.

Host- Alexa Bliss

Raw Women's Championship and Smackdown Women's Championship match: Ronda Rousey vs. Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair (winner takes all match)

WWE Championship match: Daniel Bryan vs. Kofi Kingston

Universal Championship match: Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins

Intercontinental Championship match: Finn Balor vs. Boddy Lashley

United States Championship match: Samoa Joe vs. Rey Mysterio. Although
    Rey is injured and could be replaced. A certain john cena may fit in

Women's Tag Team Championship match: Sasha Banks and Bayley vs. Nia Jax and Tamina Snuka vs. Beth Phoenix and Natalya vs. The IIconics

WWE Cruiserweight Championship match: Buddy Murphy vs. Tony Nese

Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre

Batista vs. Triple H (no-holds-barred match)
    Randy Orton vs. AJ Styles

Shane McMahon vs. The Miz (falls count anywhere match)

Kurt Angle vs. Baron Corbin

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal (entrants so far: Braun Strowman, Michael Che, Colin Jost)

Wrestlemania Women's Battle Royal (confirmed entrants so far: Asuka, Carmella, Naomi, Lana, Mandy Rose, Sonya Deville, Nikki Cross, Dana Brooke, Ruby Riott, Liv Morgan, Sarah Logan, Mickie James, Zelina Vega)

Smackdown Tag Team Championships Fatal 4 way- The Usos vs. Ricochet and Aleister Black vs. The Bar vs. Shinsuke Nakamura and Rusev

Elias musical performance

Raw Tag Team Championship- Revial vs Hawkins and Ryder (Not confirmed)

rumours of
    Cena and possibly Undetaker appearning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Jesus! That's too long to quote for my reply never mind what it will be like to watch! I know Vince likes to try get as many wrestlers on to Wrestlemania cards as possible but they have never had a roster this big before. I will be hitting fast forward a lot for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

Happy Mania Week everyone.

I'm like a child waiting for christmas here. The card isnt the greatest, but we've one of our own in the main event and I really hope she gets the right result.

I've fallen asleep on a couple of occasions down the years during mania (never for any other ppv) but that was mostly due to the undertakers entrance or lack of care for whoever was in the main event (wm 30, I fell asleep during takers entrance and woke up 5 minutes into the main event, totally missing the end of the streak). This year will be different hopefully. I've monday off and beer already stocked for the weekend.

So HAPPY Mania week to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

I have some money in my paddy power account so have lumped it into Braun taking the Andre the Giant and Becky winning the main. Anyone think either isn't going to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

I have some money in my paddy power account so have lumped it into Braun taking the Andre the Giant and Becky winning the main. Anyone think either isn't going to happen?

Becky better. As for the ATGMBR, anyones guess. Them big fells never usually do well in them. Of the top of my head I can remember Baron Corbin, Cesaro, Matt Hardy (didnt he?) and Mojo Rawley all winning. There's more randoms there than in a a packet of rowentree randoms.

Not trying to be a mod or anything but it's probably best not to mention the betting in here. One guy mentioned how Rollins was 1/5 right before the Rumble started and it kinda ruined any suspense for a few in here.

There is a wrestling betting thread though...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056587637

Edit: New page, forgot to quote the guy who mentioned it on the previous page.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I had been tempted to add a "No Betting Talk" addition to the OP and thread title. Might just go ahead and do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I had been tempted to add a "No Betting Talk" addition to the OP and thread title. Might just go ahead and do it.

The betting expecally on the sunday tends to be nailed on so i think its best to do this just in case

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

After the Rumble and the Rollins thing I'm gonna stay offline till the main show starts I reckon. Not massively worried re Mania as theres a load of matches and not just a singular but just in case.

Elias will be interrupted by someone no doubt and a few fit that bill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

The only thing that bothers me about the possibility of Kofi winning is that footage of his victory will forever be tainted with that God awful looking "Eco friendly" WWE championship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

The only thing that bothers me about the possibility of Kofi winning is that footage of his victory will forever be tainted with that God awful looking "Eco friendly" WWE championship

Throw a black and white filter over the footage and no one will be any the wiser!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I’d love to see Big E and Woods cost Kofi and start a monster stable with Rowan and Bryan. It’s been awhile since we had a good stable

• Registered Users Posts: 28,820 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Watching Smackdown reminded me that the Women's Battle Royal winner gets a trophy to remind her of her reproductive system.

So looks like the preshow will be the Battle Royals and the CW title match. I'm assuming at least one of the tag titles will be on there as well

That and the Andre trophy are the cheapest, tackiest looking things. So plastic-y.

You can tell it was the Saudis who stumped up the cash for the "World Cup" trophy. At least it looks some bit prestigious even if it is nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,143 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PTH2009 wrote: »

I did too but now they are in the SD tag titles match

Advertisement