Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 35 Thread * Spoilers* (*No Betting Talk*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It would have seemed bonkers if someone said a year ago Becky Lynch would be in the Mania main event but it's deserved.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

should have and could have still main evented as a 1v1, but that ship has sailed.

Have to admit, after months of confidence that becky will win, i'm getting nervous remembering that Charlotte has done sweet FA in the last couple of months.

If kofi and seth both win early on, i'll be sh1tting a brick fearing charlotte or ronda winning. Kinda hoping one of the lads fail now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

It would be very surprising if all 3 faces won generally not something they would do.

if i was a betting man id go for seth not winning as with another saudi arabia show on the horizon brock wont miss a paycheck if its getting more people objecting to going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Today's announcement saddens me. This is the first WM since WMXXV (25) that I will have missed watching live. I would love to stay awake and witness this history but I am unable to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Can Roman use his make-a-wish to make it 5 main events in a row? Only thing stopping the main event now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Unbelievable stuff about the main event, the women's revolution is complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

sky88 wrote: »
    The main event is official

It's gonna be beyond painful to hear the word historic used every 17 seconds from now until god knows when . It's gonna be painful to see Stephanie hogging the limelight. It's gonna be painful if they have all the women coming out on stage crying.

Fair play to Charlotte for being one of the best ladies they've ever had, Becky for getting majorly over and above them all Ronda... who's star is the reason this is even possible at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Becky would be only the second non North American born wrestler to main event wrestlemania in the previous 34 years. The first ? Andre the ****ing giant who was born in France. I mean great day for the parish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Congrats to Becky, that is some achievement! Hope for them that the crowd aren't burnt out by main event time, after the 7 odd hours or whatever it's going to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Gonna get killed for this, but given today’s announcement I’d F’n love for Vince to throw a cart load of money at McGregor to throw him in the main event mix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Gonna get killed for this, but given today’s announcement I’d F’n love for Vince to throw a cart load of money at McGregor to throw him in the main event mix.

no, keep him away from Becky. I'd be afraid something comes out down the line that would affect Becky by association. Not saying the chap has anything in his closet, but he's no angel.

Anyway, Northsiders and Southsiders shouldnt mix :D

Honestly when they had rondas husband come in i was wondering if they had thrown a load of money at connor to come in and combat him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

sky88 wrote: »
    Honestly when they had rondas husband come in i was wondering if they had thrown a load of money at connor to come in and combat him

It occurred to me as well but I doubt it. McGregor is too unpredictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Pentecost wrote: »

one thing that isn't unpredictable about him though is the $$$.
    And Vince loves $$$

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pentecost wrote: »

He's not exactly PG :pac:

For all the eyes on the business it might put I'm not sure if it would be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Joan Jett will be performing Ronda's theme live.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

J. Marston wrote: »
    Joan Jett will be performing Ronda's theme live.

Mania is saved!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Plus with McGregor i cant see him staying to a script and being told what to do.

Im prob the only person who think this song would be kinda cool for Becky to walk out to at WM (even though i love her theme song)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Weren't there plans for a match involving HHH, Shawn, Kane and Taker?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Weren't there plans for a match involving HHH, Shawn, Kane and Taker?

Saudi Arabia took that bullet for us. Or was it Australia? I can't even remember.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Saudi Arabia took that bullet for us. Or was it Australia? I can't even remember.

‘‘Twas both actually

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ShagNastii wrote: »

Summerslam or next year's WM, I'd guess for McGregor appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 60,315 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Conor won’t be there now well then again Tyson is in the HoF.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jaysus it's a week from Sunday, that came fast. Few guesses

Think they will do too Kofi what they done with Ryder a few years ago, have him win the title but then make him lose it the next night (for SD 2 nights following mania)

Imagine Ricochet or Black winning the wwe title the SD after mania

I imagine taker and/or Cena will interrupt musical guest Elias

Dominic will obv get involved in Reys match and he choked out by Joe

We will get a quick squash win for Angle over Corbin

Reigns too win

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I remember Dominic was involved with a Rey feud in Lucha Underground. Expected more from Joe stalking the family like he did with AJ. Can't claim to be Dominic's father though, since we all know that's Eddie

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I remember Dominic was involved with a Rey feud in Lucha Underground. Expected more from Joe stalking the family like he did with AJ. Can't claim to be Dominic's father though, since we all know that's Eddie

Or a Dominic heel turn where he rips of Reys mask just like Eddie did :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Anyone else expecting a new Becky theme at Mania?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

brianblaze wrote:
    Anyone else expecting a new Becky theme at Mania?

Nah. If they change it I'm hoping they wait till after Mania. New theme to go with that new shiny belt she will hopefully be wearing :D

Advertisement