Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 35 Thread * Spoilers* (*No Betting Talk*)

Options
1515253545557»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,284 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I am disappointed Kurt lost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I don't mind him losing but ANYONE would have been better than Corbin. ****ing hell he's a charisma vacuum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

It's an old wrestling tradition that the retiring wrestler loses their final match. It's thought of as a way to give back to the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Its rather poetic that they mess up that too. He's not the performer he was but his last WWE run is easily his career low-point from a creative POV & when he spent a chunk of his career being booked by Vince Russo that's a real achievement. Still he gained a son out of it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,284 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ERG89 wrote: »
    Its rather poetic that they mess up that too. He's not the performer he was but his last WWE run is easily his career low-point from a creative POV & when he spent a chunk of his career being booked by Vince Russo that's a real achievement. Still he gained a son out of it :rolleyes:

What happened with his "son", just dropped when Jordan got injured?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,348 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It seems thousands were left stranded in the shadow of New York after the over run as buses and trains stopped running.

The WWE didn't let NJ transit know they were going to over run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

What happened with his "son", just dropped when Jordan got injured?
    Yeah basically. Poor Jason is retired from wrestling now too so maybe they have time to do some father-son bonding? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

It seems thousands were left stranded in the shadow of New York after the over run as buses and trains stopped running.

The WWE didn't let NJ transit know they were going to over run.

They really don't like their fans do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

Why is she called 'The Man' are they not trying to push women for being women?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,512 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    Why is she called 'The Man' are they not trying to push women for being women?

They are but Becky calling herself the man has nothing to do with gender according to herself. She's mentioned the phrase "the be the man, you've got to beat the man."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    They are but Becky calling herself the man has nothing to do with gender according to herself. She's mentioned the phrase "the be the man, you've got to beat the man."

So she's just ripping off Flair then? Original

• Registered Users Posts: 39,512 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

No she's not I'm using that quote because it's one that ties into wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

They ran that the man stuff into the ground on poor Becky but I suppose she won't be too unhappy taking her cut of the merchandise profits.

They just can't let people be spontaneous without commodifying it. I'm amazed they didn't sell Nakamura t-shirts with his speak no English line, a rare case of restraint from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Flair ripped the Nature Boy gimmick from Buddy Rogers, it happens in wrestling such is the game

Same as Flair put his spin on a gimmick, Becky is putting her spin on a term 30 years later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭upinsmoke

If anyone has Becky's number let me know, I want to ask her out on a date

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

upinsmoke wrote: »
    If anyone has Becky's number let me know, I want to ask her out on a date

I’ve sent you a PM dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭upinsmoke

Pentecost wrote: »
    I’ve sent you a PM dude

It must have getting lost

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Big E implying he's hurt and out for a bit.

https://twitter.com/WWEBigE/status/1116412245226000384?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 28,841 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Shame. I knew he shouldn't have done the splits

• Registered Users Posts: 22,012 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Just watching now, main event was spoiled on me by the BBC.

Those saying hold it over 2 days, I don’t think WWE would want that production cost. Paying everyone twice

• Advertisement
Advertisement