Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 35 Thread * Spoilers* (*No Betting Talk*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,941 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I did too but now they are in the SD tag titles match

Hopefully they win them too and be in Dublin in May

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Noticed that owens is not down for the Andre i wonder if hes the one to interupt eilas surely not going to leave him off the card with the battle royal there. TBH id say multiple people will interupt him like carmella and truth for a dance break

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

I hope they give Orton vs Styles between 12-15 mins. Just enough for a nice fast paced match, anything less would be too short and any longer would risk becoming boring.

This was my dream match for a few years from like 2007-2010 so I'm gonna stay excited and hope for a class match.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fun Wrestlemania quiz here:

https://www.skysports.com/wwe/news/14203/11677108/quiz-wwe-wrestlemania

I managed 33/35. The Mania V and 34 ones tripped me up.

Fun Wrestlemania quiz here:

https://www.skysports.com/wwe/news/14203/11677108/quiz-wwe-wrestlemania

I managed 33/35. The Mania V and 34 ones tripped me up.

27/35

Struggled with A few of the 80s/90s questions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,628 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

33/35 I got the guy the rock squashed wrong. I knew it was one of two. I got the IC match participant wrong but got the mania V one right on a punt.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

29/35

5 of the older questions, and the bloody Nicolas question.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Guessed his age, the Demolition tag title match was my only slip up; 34/35. The last question was a surprising stat tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

34/35 demolition got me as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

25. Struggled with the early mania ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭ThePott

So the Raw Tag Title match has been confirmed as
    The Revival vs Curt Hawkins & Zach Ryder

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv2K_tbFNbP/
    Probably the laziest build ever, maybe a shock title change but damn

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ThePott wrote: »
    Probably the laziest build ever, maybe a shock title change but damn

I really hope they give Ryder another title win at Mania and then making him lose the next night at Raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I really want Eric Rowan's fastest loss record to Rock beaten by a Hawkins roll up.

FTR, For The Revival? BTR, Bury The Revival.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

That makes it 16 matches on the card right?

At this rate it'll be bright when we're going to bed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The Revival vs Ryder and Hawkins? Wow, I like the Revival but that is grim for a Wrestlemania title match.

It screams pre-show, super short match to pop the crowd.

Honestly, I'm not massively bothered. My hope is if they lose, they get drafted to Smackdown quickly.

Cause Usos and Revival could be magical.

Since the womens titles will obviously be on 1 person after Mania, I’d much prefer if they had a womens division exclusive to Raw and a tag division exclusive to SD

If nothing else it would highlight the differences between the shows, as opposed to it just being Raw A and SD B

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

sky88 wrote: »
    34/35 demolition got me as well

Exact same here!!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

:(

31/35.

Bloody Nicholas. One or two of the early ones too. Thought I was cruising and got too confident :pac:

Oh and the Trish question too. Didn't remember that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

33/35 . Demolition and Nicholas got me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,387 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hopefully Hawkins to get his first win and win a title that would be a cool Wrestlemania moment for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The card is way too stacked.

You can't have people sitting outdoors in New Jersey in early April for 7 hours.

They're going to be dead by the time the Main Event rolls around.

The next thing the casuals will start leaving early, especially if the match sucks.

Part of me hopes a walkout does happen, as the Takeover events have shown us less is more sometimes and it should be the case for Wrestlemania moving forward

Matches like Shane vs Miz, and Joe vs Rey are good matches with a good build but will get absolutely squashed in between the other 13 matches on the night

The slow pacing and ‘wwe style’ of matches these days makes the night really plod along

WM17 had 11 on the main card and because of the lack of 5 minute recaps for every single match, lack of special entrances for all the big matches as well as the high pacing of most of the matches helped make it the most well regarded Mania ever

• Registered Users Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think the crowd will be fine. Roman's mega-push over the last 4 Manias turned the crowd sour late on, they were seeing the same stuff year after year. Superman punch, oooooaaaahh, spear x10.

They've got feuds that the fans are into in a big way now. No-one is going to be chanting "Same old shít" during the main event this time. They just need to pace out the big three (Kofi/Bryan, Rollins/Lesnar, triple threat) in a way that doesn't drain the crowd too much. Whatever the result of Rollins/Lesnar, it should be short-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Alistair Black is so much fun to watch. I like him with Ricochet and would love them to win the tag team match.

If they don’t I would really love black to get a big push.

I think he’s one of those that could be huge as either a heel or face

J. Marston wrote: »
    I think the crowd will be fine. Roman's mega-push over the last 4 Manias turned the crowd sour late on, they were seeing the same stuff year after year. Superman punch, oooooaaaahh, spear x10.

They've got feuds that the fans are into in a big way now. No-one is going to be chanting "Same old shít" during the main event this time. They just need to pace out the big three (Kofi/Bryan, Rollins/Lesnar, triple threat) in a way that doesn't drain the crowd too much. Whatever the result of Rollins/Lesnar, it should be short-ish.

I really hope so, but I know that I crashed hard at the start of Styles vs Nakamura last year despite wanting to see that match in WWE for about a year

With the chance of 3 babyfaces winning their main titles it could end up being a real fans Wrestlemania

I don't agree with the spacing of the big matches, for me you do a PPV in ascending order getting better all the time, you need a certain match to start the card off right but it should be getting better with each match, don't have us see Kofi winning the title only to have to see Shane vs Miz next because it's just such a bad comedown

• Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I suppose it's time to post this

not sure what it is but its something of an aurora/wow effect about matches at mania even though we saw some of them before eg Batista vs Triple H, Orton vs Styles, Rey vs Joe etc and feels like its the first time these matches happend

Expecting a big shock and Batisita too win and Triple H too 'retire' but come out of retirement sometime down the road. Bastista is a bigish deal in Hollywood and will bring great publcity too WWE

Looking like Rey is out of mania and will be replaced.
    Cena
    is the obivious choice

The Elias segment will be a cluster**** with many interruptions

Dont give a toss about the battle royales but love too see Braun go on a streak and kill everyone

Miz vs Shane, Mens tag titles and Reigns vs Drew a bit meh but they could be good matches. Expecting all the faces too come out on top esp Reigns

hope Styles vs Orton is a classic. Nice too see Finn get a singles mania match for the first time and hope hes wins

out of the 3 big wins the fans want (Rollins,Kofi and Becky) i think we wont get them all and out of all of them Becky is near cert too win. Rollins vs Brock could go either way and they could want something big for Raw the next night Kofi vs Bryan is a little bit odd and would not surprise me ifs there a swerve of some kind involving Kevin Owens be added or something. Would love Kofi too win the title

Actually cant wait for Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I had been tempted to add a "No Betting Talk" addition to the OP and thread title. Might just go ahead and do it.
    sky88 wrote: »
    The betting expecally on the sunday tends to be nailed on so i think its best to do this just in case

And yet despite the No Betting Talk in the title, someone will definitely come along and post odds and leave the thread during the show..

Advertisement