Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 35 Thread * Spoilers* (*No Betting Talk*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

sky88 wrote: »
    I think Cena would be a great final opponent for him play off that he was cenas first match and inducting him in the hall of fame.

I agree it makes sense to have it be cena BUT with they way kurt looks and moves physically I'd prefer someone better at working a match then cena is imo. I'm not a fan of cena in ring because his in ring move set is so limited even compared to others. He's not been in the ring all that much recently and neither has Kurt. My point with that is when one guy hasn't been in the ring it's good to have an opponent who has been. Also, cena calling moves way too bloody loud bugs me, and the way he applies moves takes me out of his matches.

So, basically my point is not cena for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Has Angle ever won the US title? What about Angle vs Joe with him winning and retiring with the U.S. title?

It could tie in with the feuds they had back in TNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Has Angle ever won the US title? What about Angle vs Joe with him winning and retiring with the U.S. title?

It could tie in with the feuds they had back in TNA.
    Not the current one that WWE use I don't think. If he hasn't it's the one thing in wrestling he hasn't. He's won the WCW championship despite never being in WCW and all the WWE title during his first run I think.

Edit: don't quote me on him not winning it. I tried to run through the titles in WWE and it's not coming up as one he did win off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Not the current one that WWE use I don't think. If he hasn't it's the one thing in wrestling he hasn't. He's won the WCW championship despite never being in WCW and all the WWE title during his first run I think.

Edit: don't quote me on him not winning it. I tried to run through the titles in WWE and it's not coming up as one he did win off the top of my head.

I was thinking maybe he won the WCW US title during the invasion story but I think he was always in the main event scene with Austin at that time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Kurt Angle won the US Title on a Raw in October 2001, defeating Rhyno. He held it for 3 weeks, before losing it to Edge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Ronda just got "fired".

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Fined indeed, my bad. If they're going down this road they'll have to hand out fines for stuff most weeks!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Baron FN Corbin....

Christ on a bike, I'd rather Angle didn't have a last match over a poor match with Corbin...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Loughc wrote: »
    Baron FN Corbin....

Christ on a bike, I'd rather Angle didn't have a last match over a poor match with Corbin...

I agree but as i said on the raw thread, while very underwhelming, i think it should be seen for what it is, he probably cant wrestle styles or joe now so sending one of the best ever into the sunset with a win is probably the best it can get for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,815 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

card atm

Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Seth Rollins for the Universal championship

Becky Lynch vs. Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Charlotte Flair for the Raw Women’s title

Triple H vs. Batista in a No Hold’s Barred match

Shane McMahon vs. The Miz

AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton

Kurt Angle vs. Baron Corbin

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

Buddy Murphy (c) vs. Tony Nese for the Cruiserweight championship

Rey Mysterio vs. Samoa Joe (c) for the United States title

anyone care too guess what else will be added

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Roman vs Drew

Bayley/Sasha vs Tamina/Nia vs Beth/Nattie vs Iiconics

Would say those two are locks. Also Women's Battle royal.

Usos vs Hardyz and Demon Finn vs Lashley?

Maybe Auska defending against Mandy/Sonya?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Roman vs Drew

Bayley/Sasha vs Tamina/Nia vs Beth/Nattie vs Iiconics

Would say those two are locks. Also Women's Battle royal.

Usos vs Hardyz and Demon Finn vs Lashley?

Maybe Auska defending against Mandy/Sonya?

Cena is appearing apperantly but hes leaving it a bit late if he wants too build to a match ???

really hope we dont see Finn get chucked into the ATG battle Royal

My guess is 17(!) matches...

Universal Title: Brock vs Rollins

WWE Title: Bryan vs Kofi

Raw Women's title: Ronda vs Becky vs Charlotte

Smackdown Women's title: Asuka vs Mandy vs Sonya

Intercontinental Title: Lashley vs Finn

US Title: Joe vs Rey

Smackdown tag Titles: Usos vs Hardyz (make it a ladder match)

Raw tag titles: Revival do nothing for me. Pair of CAW templates. They should kick off the pre-show and get 90 seconds.

Women's tag titles: Banksley vs Bethalya vs TamiNia vs IIconics

Cruiserweight Title: Buddy Murphy vs Tony Nese

Men's battle royal

Women's battle royal

HHH vs Batista

Roman vs Drew

AJ vs Orton

Miz vs Shane

Angle vs Cena

Probably 4 on the pre-show? I'm trying to think if I forgot anyone but I'm exhausted already just looking at the card.

Really wish they'd split it over two days, and do more manageable show lengths.

Could also then have two "main events" properly as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't forget Elias' performance, which will likely be interrupted.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Don't forget Elias' performance, which will likely be interrupted.

By the Honky Tonk man I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I wish they did not feel the need to stick everyone on the show. You could drop a few of those matches and nobody would give a ****.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It’s actually a really good idea. Stage it like a 3 day festival. NXT the first night and then Mania on Sat and Sunday. Gives them an opportunity to sell double the amount of tickets as well and gives them time to the card.

If they’re obsessed with giving everyone a place on the card then at least respect them enough to give them time on the card too!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Loughc wrote: »
    It’s actually a really good idea. Stage it like a 3 day festival. NXT the first night and then Mania on Sat and Sunday. Gives them an opportunity to sell double the amount of tickets as well and gives them time to the card.

If they’re obsessed with giving everyone a place on the card then at least respect them enough to give them time on the card too!

4 days, don't forget the unmissable extravagance of the Hall of Fame. :pac:

HOF- Thursday
    NXT - Friday
    Mania Part 1 - Saturday
    Mania Part 2 - Sunday

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's less of a show and more a day festival these days. It's a once a year thing though so I don't mind.

Necro wrote: »
    4 days, don't forget the unmissable extravagance of the Hall of Fame. :pac:

HOF- Thursday
    NXT - Friday
    Mania Part 1 - Saturday
    Mania Part 2 - Sunday

6 days. Raw and Smackdown after Mania are now sold as big deals too, usually for the "They're just havin' fun, Maggle," crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

6 days. Raw and Smackdown after Mania are now sold as big deals too, usually for the "They're just havin' fun, Maggle," crowd.

Best enjoy it while we can folks. Next year, Smackdown will be on the Friday, meaning we could lose either the Takeover or Hof of the wm weekend, unless wwe read boards and turn wm into a sat/sun affair.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

dusty bin wrote: »
    Best enjoy it while we can folks. Next year, Smackdown will be on the Friday, meaning we could lose either the Takeover or Hof of the wm weekend, unless wwe read boards and turn wm into a sat/sun affair.

Nah, they'll just have the HOF straight after Smackdown most likely

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Looking forward to Brock v Rollins if Brock is invested in it,Aj v Orton could be good and the Raw womens match..the rest of the card is pretty average and boring not going to stay up and watch it live will watch sometime Monday.

I think it's a fairly decent card in all honesty. Just the build for some of the main matches has stunk the place out.

Styles/Orton, Lesnar/Rollins, Shane/Miz, Women's Triple Threat, Kofi/Bryan, even Batista and HHH all have the potential to be great matches.

It just doesn't feel like a Wrestlemania build in any of the above cases at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Necro wrote: »
    I think it's a fairly decent card in all honesty. Just the build for some of the main matches has stunk the place out.

Styles/Orton, Lesnar/Rollins, Shane/Miz, Women's Triple Threat, Kofi/Bryan, even Batista and HHH all have the potential to be great matches.

It just doesn't feel like a Wrestlemania build in any of the above cases at all.

im the same i mean i understand the that the buildup has been lackluster but the matches youve mentioned all could be great depending on if trips ego relizes that he doesnt need to go 30 or 40 minutes i think him and batista will have a good match.

shane for all faults always pulls it out on the big stage and miz i never get the hate he gets in ring wise.

Then brock has always brought his working boots with the smaller guys like finn,aj and bryan.

I see a lot of complaints about the amount of matches but i feel a lot of them could be 15 mins or shorter like finn/ lashley i think is just on there to give finn the demon entrance and beat lashley quickly ala his corbin match at summerslam

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe it was mentioned here and I missed it but I just found out Takeover is on the Friday and the HoF is on the Saturday this year. Nice of them to not make people choose between Takeover and G1 Supercard

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The main event is official

i think its right way to even though i think Kofis story overtook it in the last few months.

https://twitter.com/WWECommunity/status/1110185776569036805

• Advertisement

G'wan Becky. An Irish Wrestlemania main eventer is awesome.

Advertisement