Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longshot Value at Cheltenham

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

ballyargus wrote: »
    He was v unlucky. Almost pulled it out of the bag for the win. A great run

Agreed it was a great run/shout, but he wasn't unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Gold Cup
    Might Byte will be suited by the ground and last years run is the best form in this race, if we consider he should be a lot better on decent ground. He has to come back to firm but no better trainer for that.
    1 point win 14/1

2:50
    First Approach appeals here at a huge price. He was staying on at the end in the Dublin Racing Festival and has loads of experience , which is required in this race.
    1 Point ew 4 places 40/1

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

aidankkk wrote: »
    Gold Cup
    Might Byte will be suited by the ground and last years run is the best form in this race, if we consider he should be a lot better on decent ground. He has to come back to firm but no better trainer for that.
    1 point win 14/1

What are your thoughts on elegant escape?

I like how he stayed on against frodon on trials day and that frodon form looks pretty good now.

Also what are your thoughts on Al boum photo? The sectionals and form lines from the tramore race look pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭NuttyMcNutty

Casa Tall in 5:30 could be a good each way bet!

• Advertisement

2:10
    Due Reward is interesting here at a huge price. He should be suited by the step up on trip and rang well in the big handicap at the Dublin racing festival. This looks a weaker race than usual and he could be the ideal unexposed type for it.
    1 Point EW 6 places lads 40/1

handsfree2 wrote: »

I like how he stayed on against frodon on trials day and that frodon form looks pretty good now.

Also what are your thoughts on Al boum photo? The sectionals and form lines from the tramore race look pretty good.

With the ground he'll surely be too slow, but the way its going this week, the opposite will happen

4:50
    Forest Bihan has top weight here but has won a 2mile chase of a higher mark and has run well here before. He strikes me as having potential to improve and this type of race should suit him. 40/1 seems big.
    1 Point EW 40/1 5 places gen

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

handsfree2 wrote: »

Al boum did the biz, you were right on elegant escape, too slow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Forest Bihan has top weight here but has won a 2mile chase of a higher mark and has run well here before. He strikes me as having potential to improve and this type of race should suit him. 40/1 seems big.

Thank you mate. Just saved my day and got me out of a hole!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Great spot, just my luck of the week the only one of the three 40/1's you posted i didnt lay on Bihan. Had to laugh at myself when i seen the result. Credit to you man, hope a few here won something of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Great spot, just my luck of the week the only one of the three 40/1's you posted i didnt lay on Bihan. Had to laugh at myself when i seen the result. Credit to you man, hope a few here won something of it.

Covered a bit. Had a good few high odds plaaced during the week, none crossed the line first though.
    Cheers aidankkk though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭Peckham

Thanks Aidan. You were a go-to source this week. You put your opinions out there for all to see. A bit more luck and it could have been a great week. That's how it goes.

Will keep an eye on your tips.

day 1 and day 2 podcast for this year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

So less than a week to go, I have a feeling we could see some surprise winners this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

Was the second race skipped over on day 2 on the podcast?.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

Thanks Aidan - fair play for putting that together - good listen. Mighty Blue is interesting alright so will follow you on that selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭Xander10

Anyone know if Aidan has had any decent results? This website being so dead , I can see no updates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

He had a good day today. One winner and 3 places.

He also had Paisley park ew antepost @40/1.

He is on twitter @LongShotValue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭Xander10

Thanks for update. I Will check Twitter

Boards is a graveyard for most threads these days

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Had Third Wind today thanks to Aidan

Paisley Park and Didero Vallis (80/1! ) places too

Advertisement