Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longshot Value at Cheltenham

Options

Comments

idnkph wrote: »
    Any chance the thread can be kept for the purpose of was created instead of b1tching about owners. Create another thread for owner bashing if ye need.

Even better any chance we can leave the posting to Aidan so those of us following the thread get updates we care about?

The forum should be able to handle letting Aidan having a thread for his picks that doesn't get jumped on by the rest of the 'tipsters' on here.

Apologies if this is back seat modding, just a suggestion.

aidankkk wrote: »
    Ryanair Chase

The top of the market for this race is mad at the moment with most of them not showing up here for this race. Monalee and Politologue look the most likely favs on the day. I’ve had Coney Island in mind for this since his very good run at Leopardstown over Christmas and I just can’t get over his price at the moment. He is a very lightly raced horse with bags of potential and in my view this is his trip. He really ran well in the Savills chase when a poor jump at the last and perhaps a lack of staying power cost him what looked a likely place. He has had a lovely prep with only 2 runs this year both with promise and considering his novice form I think he is the forgotten horse in this market. He hasn’t been entered in the Gold Cup, so hopefully this is his target. The trainer’s horses always run well at the festival and I’m sure he will get there in top shape. If he does he will go of about 10/1 or lower. 33/1 NRNB is great price with no risk.

2 Points EW 33/1 NRNB 365 ¼ place 1/5th place SKY

So far so good....

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/coney-on-course-for-ryanair/159341

have some of the 50's that Hills had a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Aidan, would the forecast of lots of rain for next week affect the picks you've posted so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Aidan, would the forecast of lots of rain for next week affect the picks you've posted so far?

Not great for Meticolous id imagine, but still were on at 20/1. But im not sure itll be very soft more than likely soft side of good-soft, which will be grand.

Softer will probably help my best bet on Hardline at 25/1.

Soft will rule out Romain de Senaim having any chance id imagine.

Coney Island will be better with the usual Cheltenham Ground, so im hoping it doesnt turn heavy for him.

Overall Heavy would be bad, but good-soft would be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

If it wasn't for McManus + the O'Learys Irish racing would be back where it was years ago- a jokeshop and still you have fellas coming on here who have hardly ever been to a race meeting knocking them, it's laughable!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

There wasn't a whole lot wrong with Irish racing before ó leary and his muppet brother started buying and breeding horses, we are leaders in the world of breeding.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 71 ✭✭OsmosisJ

I look at these tips and prefer not to comment as I know feck all about horses, but one thing I can tell you is the amount of money JP McManus gives to charitable causes each and every year is in the millions and almost all is not mentioned. A charity I'm involved with got a very generous donation (six figures) and it was given on the condition that it remained anonymous.

I would not bother replying to ****e like that, mcmanus has giving so much to charities , students and irish racing but will still have people whinging

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Gautama

OsmosisJ wrote: »
    I would not bother replying to ****e like that, mcmanus has giving so much to charities , students and irish racing but will still have people whinging

I stopped donating to charities when it came to light that Console had become the founder’s slush fund. Arround that time there was also the ReHab controversy and another charity in Sligo had funny stuff going on. Throw in all the trouble with Goal...

McManus picks and chooses where his money goes.
    O’Leary’s goes into the general pot like the rest of us. Pensions, water, hospitals, etc. Anonymous like us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

A charity I'm involved with got a very generous donation (six figures) and it was given on the condition that it remained anonymous.

Pity you didn't keep your side of the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Motivator

Gautama wrote: »
    I stopped donating to charities when it came to light that Console had become the founder’s slush fund. Arround that time there was also the ReHab controversy and another charity in Sligo had funny stuff going on. Throw in all the trouble with Goal...

McManus picks and chooses where his money goes.
    O’Leary’s goes into the general pot like the rest of us. Pensions, water, hospitals, etc. Anonymous like us all.

McManus picks and chooses where it goes alright. He chooses to put it towards educating underprivileged teenagers and improving impoverished areas around the country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

JP has a networth of 2.1 billion whatever he gives to charitable causes would be equivalent of Joe Bloggs donating a tenner month

Ah ffs lads

Will ye take your petty arguing elsewhere?

Motivator wrote: »
    McManus picks and chooses where it goes alright. He chooses to put it towards educating underprivileged teenagers and improving impoverished areas around the country.

True. And if he did it as a non tax exile it would be an admiral act.

TheTorment wrote: »
    Ah ffs lads

Will ye take your petty arguing elsewhere?

Mortal. 33/1. RSA.

To put the thread back on point, Champagne Classic looks like he definitely goes for rsa now.
    20/1 looks huge considering we're talking about a previous festival winner who's also won a 3m grade 1 over hurdles leaving penhill, monalee, al boum photo and presenting percy in his wake.
    He's had two perfectly respectable runs over fences since his comeback from injury and it's unlikely he won't be placed at the very least here.
    Obviously connections think so too given the options they've plumped for this over the 4 miler. 16/1 freely available if you don't get the 20s.

I’m going for two. Early Doors 16/1 in the Coral Cup and Coney Island 40/1 in the Ryanair. Coney Island is fantastic value and I’m praying the ground doesn’t come up too soft for him.

Gautama wrote: »
    Mortal. 33/1. RSA.

Unlikely to go there now I'd say given champagne classic not declared for NH chase.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

yaboya1 wrote: »
    To put the thread back on point, Champagne Classic looks like he definitely goes for rsa now.
    20/1 looks huge considering we're talking about a previous festival winner who's also won a 3m grade 1 over hurdles leaving penhill, monalee, al boum photo and presenting percy in his wake.
    He's had two perfectly respectable runs over fences since his comeback from injury and it's unlikely he won't be placed at the very least here.
    Obviously connections think so too given the options they've plumped for this over the 4 miler. 16/1 freely available if you don't get the 20s.

Not running at Cheltenham

BumperD wrote: »
    Not running at Cheltenham

Ffs :(

As sure as i am that no-one really follows these things, is there any way to delete all the unrelated messages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I’m going for two. Early Doors 16/1 in the Coral Cup and Coney Island 40/1 in the Ryanair. Coney Island is fantastic value and I’m praying the ground doesn’t come up too soft for him.

My e/w double too

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

I think Early Doors has a huge chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

handsfree2 wrote: »
    I think Early Doors has a huge chance.

Is he confirmed for the coral yet?

pugw wrote: »
    I don't think so but if he is then I'm on it

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PhuckHugh2

There was an entry cut off stage for the Coral today. Was reading it earlier. Dont think Early Doors was confirmed. Uradel needs 15 to come out to get in i think for anyone on him.

aidankkk wrote: »
    As sure as i am that no-one really follows these things, is there any way to delete all the unrelated messages.

I reckon the Nicholls horse in the supreme is over priced at 12s. It probably has the best form in the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

handsfree2 wrote: »
    I reckon the Nicholls horse in the supreme is over priced at 12s. It probably has the best form in the field.

And beaten by Elixir De Nutz last time out who is 8s.

• Advertisement

pugw wrote: »

Out of the Coral Cup and he goes in the Martin Pipe instead. He carries 2lbs more than he did last year when finishing third. Obviously Joseph knows what he’s doing so I’m not going to argue but he ticked every box for the Coral Cup for me. I don’t think the Martin Pipe is the strongest of races though so I’m still confident of a big run from him.

Advertisement