Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider-Man: Far From Home [** SPOILERS FROM POST 240 **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

kerplun k wrote: »
    As long as I get to see Uncle Ben die one more time I'll be happy.

With great repetition comes great inevitability.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I'm still hopeful that an agreement can be made between Marvel and Sony. We only just had Far From Home recently, we probably won't see another movie for a couple of years. Plenty of time to fix things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

I’m hearing that Billy Crystal is being lined up to play the Vulture. Announcement Friday apparently.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,933 ✭✭✭✭flazio

so who is the villian going to be in the next spiderman?

They set up yer man from Orphan Black as Scorpion, him or Mr Negative would be good to see on the big screen.

I'm still holding out hope that someone sees sense. Surely both parties came out in rude health after the last two films and the appearances in the other 3.
    I’m hearing that Billy Crystal is being lined up to play the Vulture. Announcement Friday apparently.....

It won't be Vulture as that's Michael Keatons character. Could see him as Doc Ock however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭bennyl10

We already had the vulture?
    They’re going to recast a villain we already had in this spidey iteration?

bennyl10 wrote: »
    We already had the vulture?
    They’re going to recast a villain we already had in this spidey iteration?

From what I read is that they want to start a universe of villains, so I don’t know if the vulture is going to be the main one but it’s looking like he definitely in it

• Registered Users Posts: 85,593 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

This just became Sony's biggest movie ever at the box office passing Skyfall.

I didn't realise Disney weren't getting any of the Box office from this I thought it would be a 50/50 split.

I thought Disney owned Marvel :confused::o

Holland is great as Parker/Spiderman, shame if he does not return with Sony taking sole ownership

Billy Crystal will be Sony’s Robert Downey Jr.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Varik

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought Disney owned Marvel :confused::o

Holland is great as Parker/Spiderman, shame if he does not return with Sony taking sole ownership

Hollands contract is with Sony, he's got one more solo movie.
    Riddle101 wrote: »
    I'm still hopeful that an agreement can be made between Marvel and Sony. We only just had Far From Home recently, we probably won't see another movie for a couple of years. Plenty of time to fix things.

Could be far sooner, if they're not part of MCU then there's no link to the phase timetable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Where did you pull that piece of misinformation from :confused: :pac: I've never seen a throwaway comment derail a thread like that. MCU have just very successfully introduced a vulture. There is no way Sony will recast and reuse that character.

Also, there are no google results for "Billy Crystal Vulture", like literally 0 results on the first page.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Varik wrote: »
    Hollands contract is with Sony, he's got one more solo movie.

Could be far sooner, if they're not part of MCU then there's no link to the phase timetable.

I've read Holland's contract is an option for another movie, does that mean that they both have to agree to it? Holland seemed to love working in the wider MCU, obviously also the extra money from the cross-over movies, so if he is forced to do the last movie and is unhappy with them breaking away then he may not re-sign.

If they only have 1 more movie with Holland then they'll probably want to do a cross-over with Venom to cash in on the greatest revenue, which would mean waiting until after Venom 2 and that hasn't even started filming yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Looks like Amy Pascal has left and the execs are in negotiating mood.

Pascal might have previously blindsided Disney or something. Hope this doesn't go the way the Warner Brothers Execs changed Batman V Superman

• Registered Users Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

• Registered Users Posts: 60,428 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Slydice wrote: »
    Looks like Amy Pascal has left and the execs are in negotiating mood.

Pascal might have previously blindsided Disney or something. Hope this doesn't go the way the Warner Brothers Execs changed Batman V Superman

She left months ago and has been at Universal.

Well that really makes it feel like she was a key part of holding the previous deal together.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Man these deep fakes are getting crazy

Well it seems no one is going to the re release of this in the States.

Feels awful early for a re-release

Just doing what they did with Endgame the week before it got its home release in the States.

Just thinking Sony will probably be on a winner with the next film if they keep all the same cast and go with the Spider Man as been unmasked storyline most people will just assume he is still part of the MCU in a standalone film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Just doing what they did with Endgame the week before it got its home release in the States.

Just thinking Sony will probably be on a winner with the next film if they keep all the same cast and go with the Spider Man as been unmasked storyline most people will just assume he is still part of the MCU in a standalone film.

All the Spidey centric cast is signed with Sony I assume? Still suspect they'll just pull some multiverse crap to throw him into Venom's world.

So like.. right at the end there.. it looks like Fury is either:
    • on a ship docked to another ship .. and then a shuttle leaves the other one in the distance
    • on a ship docked to space station.. and then a shuttle leaves the space station in the distance
    • on a huge space station and can see the rest of the space station in the distance and then a ship or a shuttle leaves the space station in the distance

My guess Fury will introduce the Eternals since they are the first film of Phase 4 I wouldn't be shocked to see Captain Marvel have a cameo to do the introduction with Fury.

Not counting Black Widow since that is an Origin story.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Not counting Black Widow since that is an Origin story.

I heard it's actually from the period just after civil war.

Baggly wrote: »
    I heard it's actually from the period just after civil war.

Well then it is part of Phase 3 so still nothing to do with Phase 4 even though it will be released in the Phase 4 cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Well then it is part of Phase 3 so still nothing to do with Phase 4.

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Well then it is part of Phase 3 so still nothing to do with Phase 4 even though it will be released in the Phase 4 cycle.

I've heard speculation that it could be setting up Florence Pugh's character as BW replacement in Phase 4.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I've heard speculation that it could be setting up Florence Pugh's character as BW replacement in Phase 4.

That wouldn't surprise me.

Young Black Widow actress age 23

Young Hawkeye actress age 22 for the TV series

Young Cassie Lang actress age 17 introduced in Endgame.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

That wouldn't surprise me.

Young Black Widow actress age 23

Young Hawkeye actress age 22 for the TV series

Young Cassie Lang actress age 17 introduced in Endgame.

I can't believe FP is only 23, I thought late twenties at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Slydice wrote: »
    So like.. right at the end there.. it looks like Fury is either:
    • on a ship docked to another ship .. and then a shuttle leaves the other one in the distance
    • on a ship docked to space station.. and then a shuttle leaves the space station in the distance
    • on a huge space station and can see the rest of the space station in the distance and then a ship or a shuttle leaves the space station in the distance

I thought he was on the cloaked space station in orbit around earth that we see at the end of Captain Marvels movie.

Advertisement