Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider-Man: Far From Home [** SPOILERS FROM POST 240 **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Far from home also getting a re release with 4 added minutes.

Any chance that will have a conclusion to the cliffhanger now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

In a way im not surprised, Venom made $800m at the box office so based on that Spiderman is obviously a banker for them just like Venom

Pity we wont see Spidey involved with the other marvel properties anymore, Sony will probably make an alright film or two with Tom Holland but it wont be the same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I wonder what breakup clauses are in the contract.
    Would Tom Holland be allowed to continue as Spiderman?
    Would he be allowed to star in an MCU film as someone else?
    Can Sony still reference the MCU?
    Can the MCU reference Spidey?
    How long does Sony have to wait before releasing another live action Spider Man film?

Part of me hopes this isn't resolved so I watch the whole thing play out.
    Imagine Sony releasing another Spider Man and just casually dropping all references to the MCU.

At the moment Spider Man is too connected to the MCU to continue with Holland in its current form.... Eh, what do you mean blip? Also I've gone back to my regular suit because the high tech one never existed. Who's this happy hogan guy?

In saying that, Tom Holland is too good a Spider Man to be dropped.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it all plays out :D

Time for "The Adventures of Night Monkey"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭Homelander

Can they still even reference the MCU? I can see it working relatively OK if that's the case, but if they're not allowed name-drop, I cannot at all see how they're going to work around that satisfactorily. Same in term for the MCU itself, but at least they have a million other distractions and characters going on to minimize it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think Tom Holland still has one solo movie in his contract, and his contract is with Sony rather than Marvel/Disney, so a third Spidey film with Holland is almost a cert. But yeah, I don't think either side will be able to reference the previous connections, and it's likely Sony will instead proceed with maybe tying Spidey in with Venom or whatever else they have in the pipeline.

It's a shame, and I hope they can come to some agreement, but as I said on the Superhero forum, if it doesn't happen, I don't think the MCU will suffer too much as Spidey has fulfilled his arc within the MCU, and Marvel now have Xmen and Fantastic 4 to play with as well as the fact a huge chunk of their future stuff is off-Earth with Eternals, Thor 4, GOTG 3 and Cap.Marvel 2. It'd be hard to see where Spidey would have fit in the MCU in the next 5 years anyway.

Plus with the ending of FFH, they have the basis of a Spidey story that doesn't require connection to the MCU either, presuming Peter has to go on the run.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

tbh, I'm not too put out by this news. Disney have an absolute strangle hold on the current cinematic landscape, its good to see another studio at least attempting to challenge them.

Originally, Disney wanted %5 of movie gross, then they tried to renegotiate to %50. They overplayed their hand.

From a fictional universe stand point, it will be good to see Tom Holland and J. K. Simmons enter the Sony Spiderman Universe, which will be then should have several additional characters, Morbious, Green Goblin, Hob Goblin, Carnage etc.

Hopefully, they will be able to bring 70% of the cliffhanger ending to Far from Home across and resolve it in the Sony Universe.

All the blip and MCU stuff will be gone from future Spidey movies, which I'm ok with I thought it was kind of a clunky way to deal with the ramifications of EndGame.

Next up, Disney buy Sony Pictures and fire Amy Pascal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Venom is potential the most powerful superhero in all the cinematic universes... I think Sony have a goldmine on their hands....

And what did Sony do with him prior to MCU? Spiderman 3

I know Venom isn't in the MCU now but they took their beats from it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

All the blip and MCU stuff will be gone from future Spidey movies, which I'm ok with I thought it was kind of a clunky way to deal with the ramifications of EndGame.

+1.

The MCU stuff was not the best part of the previous two Spider-Man films.

I think the MCU films benefit from having Spider-Man around, but I'd welcome a Spider-Man film that doesn't have to worry about all that. Maybe just a nice, smaller-scale, wise-cracking adventure around New York city.

Tom Holland's good enough in the role to carry it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

Apparently Amy Pascal is on team Feige

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

I think it’s time for a reboot or bring back Toby McGuire

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I don't think Marvel overplayed their hand at all asking for 50%. Anyone who thinks FFH would have broke a billion without the MCU connection is crazy IMO. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 grossed nearly 50 million less than it's predecessor, there's a reason Sony dedided not to continue with it and join up with Marvel. From what I've heard Sony didn't even come back with a counter offer, they just wanted the current deal to continue which seems to me like bad negotiating considering how well (financially) the franchise has done under Feige's guidance

• Registered Users Posts: 60,427 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Next up, Disney buy Sony Pictures and fire Amy Pascal

Amy Pascal has left Sony anyway and moved to Universal.

She could have been the peacemaker/matchmaker after all now she is gone there is a new person in the mix that has been negotiating with Disney for the last few months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

I think it’s time for a reboot or bring back Toby McGuire

Dear god no. Worst Spider-Man ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Dear god no. Worst Spider-Man ever.

Andrew Garfield says hello
    Give me 39 movies with him over 5 minutes of Garfield. Genuinely couldn’t have been any worse

• Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭Homelander

Toby had a great dorky charm to him, first two were great movies, and not his fault that the script was so flimsy for the third outing. Garfield was completely unremarkable and entirely forgettable, first film was alright but second was downright awful. I'll watch the Raimi movies again at some point, would never sit through the reboots though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

so who is the villian going to be in the next spiderman?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

so who the villian going to be in the next spiderman?

The guy that kills Uncle Ben in the flashback at the start of the next movie that Sony once again think is a great idea to subject us to :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

The Mouse.

It’ll be venom no?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Stilt Man.

That or Big Wheel.

You heard it here first.

Green Goblin. Sony loves themselves some Green Goblin

Does this mean Tom Holland is gone? He’s easily the best peter and spidey for my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

It’ll be venom no?

Venom isn't a villain, he's an anti-hero

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

It’ll be venom no?

Probably what they'll do and again try to force too much into the movie while trying also to deal with the resolution of the cliffhanger reveal from Far from Home, making a complete mess in the process.

I'd totally forgotten about the hack leak of the free advice that Feige sent to Sony about the car crash of AS2, including that they were taking on way too many storylines, which they chose to ignore, along with several other points that would have improved the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Does this mean Tom Holland is gone? He’s easily the best peter and spidey for my money.

No, but any references to the MCU are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,427 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think I am more disappointed that J. K. Simmons, J. Jonah Jameson won't be in the MCU now :(

• Advertisement

As long as I get to see Uncle Ben die one more time I'll be happy.

Advertisement