Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Campaign 2019 Mod warning #1682

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Bobby2004

Cheers. Although still nervous till get the message that they've reached my place. No way of knowing how many placed already in Westmeath or what batch they on. Emailed PAS but they said cannot realise that info at this time.

*release

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭MFPM

Bobby2004 wrote: »
    Cheers. Although still nervous till get the message that they've reached my place. No way of knowing how many placed already in Westmeath or what batch they on. Emailed PAS but they said cannot realise that info at this time.

That's unusual, they normally tell you at least how many people are ahead of you, remember there can be some interdepartmental people ahead of you too.

I emailed PAS recently and they gave me the info.

Might ring 2mro instead and see what they say. Kind of sick if don't get the position after been relatively high on the panel (was 30) and aced interview. Can't really do much more.

Might ring 2mro instead and see what they say. Kind of sick if don't get the position after been relatively high on the panel (was 30) and aced interview. Can't really do much more.

I feel if they are interviewing now it must mean there are positions available. I got invited to clearance exactly three weeks after the interview.

• Advertisement

What county and how high were ya up the panel. Have a good chance anyway so I won't lose hope but would be nice to get the call sooner rather then later.

What county and how high were ya up the panel. Have a good chance anyway so I won't lose hope but would be nice to get the call sooner rather then later.

Longford, though I'd prefer Leitirm but nothing doing there, I was OOM 1 in 1.3 after the interview, when I emailed them, there was one person ahead of me, don't know if they were interdepartmental or from batch 1.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Itchyfeet89

Anyone doing the tests for Senior Executive Officer?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Anyone doing the tests for Senior Executive Officer?

That's a Public Service grade isn't it? It's more akin to AP in the Civil Service.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Itchyfeet89

Maybe HEO?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

MFPM wrote: »
    Well done, congrats.
    Can I ask what (not exact detail) sort of thing you used for civil service values? And what sort of standalone questions they asked?

To be honest it's all a blur now. I thought I said absolute rubbish but scored 42 in that competency. I talked about different departments and how COVID is a challenge for all of dem in dif ways. I name dropped department of education den so they would ask me a question around that which they did. They asked if you could choose a department to go into and why?

Study up on gov structure and ministers. I think I rambled a bit on that.

Did anyone who did the interview on zoom use paper notes and was it allowed?

redmgar wrote: »

I didn't use them as I wasn't sure of the protocol but they made no mention of not being permitted to use notes, so it's probably worth having some cue cards near you with some examples if you feel it's useful.

Can I ask what (not exact detail) sort of thing you used for civil service values? And what sort of standalone questions they asked?

That's probably the hardest one, particularly if like me you haven't worked in the civil servcie.I found it was the section they spent least time on though and you could be a bit more general than in the other sections.

I just tried to pull out some aspects of my work that could fit under public service ethos...I worked in education settings recently so I talked about being resilient, trying to deliver a professional service, being adaptive to changing situations (I was able to talk about changes to my work during Covid 19 here).

Try to use terms/examples that illustrate your committment to being efficient - professional, having respect for people, having accountability and transparency in your work - I saw those terms in one of the booklets.

I just asked the interviewers before we began could I have my application form in front of me and they were fine with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 brianharr1605

fergald wrote: »
    Laois not moving at all, placed 14 after aptitude test over a year now.

I placed 13 in laois. I emailed them last week and they said they were currently at No.10

Anyone on here that have been placed in Westmeath or Galway.

for the interview, when you receive your results are each competency given a score or is it an overall score?

• Advertisement

Each competency gets a score out of 50

for the interview, when you receive your results are each competency given a score or is it an overall score?

I did my interview on a fri few weeks back and got results on the Mon

I did my interview on a fri few weeks back and got results on the Mon

Each competency gets a score out of 50

Apologies to readers of the thread my phone is acting up and double posting.

Apologies to readers of the thread my phone is acting up and double posting.
    Cheers, and a minimum score required for each competency?

Cheers, and a minimum score required for each competency?

Ya 20 is the min for pass in each. I think if u do anyway decent interview you'll get the marks. I thought I talked a load of waffle but scored in the 40s in 4 of the competencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Ya 20 is the min for pass in each. I think if u do anyway decent interview you'll get the marks. I thought I talked a load of waffle but scored in the 40s in 4 of the competencies.

Which 4 competencies did they ask you about? or how did they group the competency questions

Cheers, I hate interviews. Did they ask you for a different example of the same competency?

• Advertisement

Cheers, I hate interviews. Did they ask you for a different example of the same competency?

The competencies are same for everyone. If u Google competency framework for executive officer you'll get dem. Technically there is 6 competencies but they put the last 2 into 1.

Advertisement