Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbags in city centre

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

If you think I eat corn flakes you're very wrong.

I actually walked away crying with laughter.

It happened a week before Christmas on Eden Quay.

I was walking towards O'Connell st at the time and it was hit a tree or me so he opted to cycle into me. I hit.... I mean he hit my shoulder and went flying.

So someone bumped into you and you started crying?? Sensitive little soul, are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

You're the idiot, if we want talk about your little town we'll post in the regional forum. Dont be such a bitter culchie.

Wood quay on the south quays, doesn't take a genius to work out where it is, you could also of googled it instead of coming on here trying to make a petty point.

Well this isn't the Dublin forum either so why don't you fcuk off there and talk about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭PistolsAtDawn

OP clearly said he walked.

Yes, home to his/her keyboard like a pu**y. If people are so disjointed by the behavior of our subclass why don't they stand up to them when they encounter such situations instead of bit*hing about it later. If we changed our attitudes and banded together then this sort of behavior would become significantly less frequent in our society

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭PistolsAtDawn

greenspurs wrote: »
    Apt name there Jean Claude van Damme ? :rolleyes:

Definitely not Jean Claude van Damme, but been involved in combat sports with over 20 years, had many fights both inside and outside (in my younger years) the ring etc...

Not a world champion but can handle myself in physical confrontation. Although I must stress; I most likely would have made the same decision the OP did on the given day and simply walked away (usually the best course of action anyway).

However, I would not have been intimidated by the situation.

Dear keyboard warrior; What have you done in your life?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

These people are lacking, there's many more where they came from, unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

So someone bumped into you and you started crying?? Sensitive little soul, are you?

Tears of laughter.....

Maybe little hard for you to understand that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

The consequences of certain people having children to get them free house, benefits etc.
    Really? Going by your other posts, you're a fan of the auld welfare career lifestyle yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Thomas_IV

Yes, home to his/her keyboard like a pu**y. If people are so disjointed by the behavior of our subclass why don't they stand up to them when they encounter such situations instead of bit*hing about it later. If we changed our attitudes and banded together then this sort of behavior would become significantly less frequent in our society
    Definitely not Jean Claude van Damme, but been involved in combat sports with over 20 years, had many fights both inside and outside (in my younger years) the ring etc...

Not a world champion but can handle myself in physical confrontation. Although I must stress; I most likely would have made the same decision the OP did on the given day and simply walked away (usually the best course of action anyway).

However, I would not have been intimidated by the situation.

Dear keyboard warrior; What have you done in your life?

You do have some good points (which I have set in bold in your quoted posts). I partly agree with you on them. I also had a couple of years in Jiu-Jitsu and I know that this form of combat sport is for self-defense in the first place. The skills one learns from it are therefore to be used in self-defense but as you said, to know that skills makes one rather less being intimidated, but - speaking for myself - makes one a bit more alerted when passing by such people.

I usually ignore such people one usually describes as 'scum' as I don't like their behaviour cos it's very often anti-social. But anti-social behaviour is also a matter on Internet Forums, worse on Twatter and Farcebook. I see little hope that people who like to behave in anti-social manners are likely to change and this whether there is some pressure put on them from within the whole society or not, cos they always get away with it. There's already a conflation of the virtual and the real world in progress. This makes your suggestion even harder to prevail.

Advertisement