Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbags in city centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Zipppy wrote: »
    Left work this eve in city centre to walk home. Walking along South quays I was met with 'You looking' 'You looking bud' by two scummers hanging about.
    I ignored and walked on..'Not first time I been asked that'..but this time I was met with 'Looking to get your head kicked in' and ' Looking to get fcu*in battered' etc probably cos I was ignoring them...
    So I know they're just scummers but surely folk should be able to walk home after work without being abused? Why can't they all not just be 'put down' or something...

A bit like this?

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2013/12/06/what-are-you-lookin-at-asks-scumbag-who-has-spent-10-minutes-trying-to-catch-your-eye/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

w/s/p/c/ wrote: »
    Ray Palmer wrote: »
    To be honest 3 people in the wrong here. The pedestrian for walking out, biker for revving and the least was the guy complaining but still wrong.

Read through some comments on facebook on this video and asked a pal of mine who has a motorbike, apparently revving is not against the law.

The girl should watch where she is going. Like most scum in Dublin city centre like the OP encountered, they must be all colour blind and don't know the difference between a red and green light and just walk across roads with their hands out expecting traffic to stop for them, probably looking to get hit so they can claim.

And as for the fella, he would have ran a mile if the guy got off his bike, little wannbe hard man mouth watching too many Conor McGregor press conferences
    Intimidating somebody with a motorbike is illegal and a d!ck move. All in the wrong but only one needs a licence to be allowed on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Hey OP, wha you loookin ah?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

CAPEL STREET, read the thread and dont be asking stupid questions

^ :rolleyes:

Yeah because of course walking along south quays in a city obviously means it can only be dublin city. The only city in ireland with quays.

Its not a stupid question. Get over yourself. Its not immediately obvious what city he's on about in the first post. If you want everyone looking at the first post in the thread to magically know its dublin then move this to the dublin city forum.

Or just say its dublin, cork, limerick whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Intimidating somebody with a motorbike is illegal and a d!ck move. All in the wrong but only one needs a licence to be allowed on the road.

In fairness I think it was more of a warning signal than a direct intimidation of someone, otherwise they both would have ended up hurt if he hadn't of done it and collided with her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Thomas_IV wrote: »
    Until the few become the many which is very often a 'game changer' when they decide that they had had enough. This is how revolutions start.

I don't think these shams that the OP described have any revolution in mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Thomas_IV

I don't think these shams that the OP described have any revolution in mind.

No they certainly doesn't and I was merely pointing out where an increase of poverty for many people can lead to. They are quite the best for the recruitement of radicals of all sorts.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

pauliebdub wrote:
    The same thing happened to me this evening as well, on the quays near Capel St two strung out scrotes shouting at each other and at the passers by. What can be done with them they're such a pain in the arse.

Oh I have a couple of ideas of what 'should' be done with them.

Shame that my ideas are more likely to see me locked up than them.

w/s/p/c/ wrote: »

In fairness I think it was more of a warning signal than a direct intimidation of someone, otherwise they both would have ended up hurt if he hadn't of done it and collided with her.
    That is why they have horns. Revving is aggressive and intimidation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

You need to be careful walking through the city centre ,
    if you want to walk home walk through temple bar.
    Alot of scumbags hang around the quays area, walking along the quays you can be seen from a long distance .
    Revving might be annoying i don,t see it as threatening ,
    its like some people who play music very loud in cars, its slightly annoying.
    When someone threatens you you will know it .
    I cycle along the quays once a week, i rarely see any one walking down the quays , they cross over at the bridges and go somewhere else.
    i presume you mean the quays in dublin .
    I think every big city has scumbags or louts who just hang around in certain area,s .

• Advertisement

Revving an engine in with any motor vehical at a pedestrian is a threat. It is the same as shouting get out of my way because I can run you over. It is not a mere annoyance as it is directed and an individual or group. Listening to.music loudly is not a directed threat. If you can't understand that it doesn't really matter because the law does.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Mardyke wrote: »
    Is that over near Penrose Wharf / Horgans Quay ??

Never heard of either of them, unless you mean Horgans quay in Cork . Wood quay is where the ugly monstrosity corpo building is in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,560 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Yeah because of course walking along south quays in a city obviously means it can only be dublin city. The only city in ireland with quays.

Its not a stupid question. Get over yourself. Its not immediately obvious what city he's on about in the first post. If you want everyone looking at the first post in the thread to magically know its dublin then move this to the dublin city forum.

I thought scumbags only existed in Dublin and therefore when OP said "south quays" I assumed it was Dublin. I'm shocked to learn that scumbags exist in other towns in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Robocop Corcoran

If you read the the thread you will see the OP acknowledged quite early that it was WOOD QUAY, and still idiots ask what city hes talking about now correct me if im wrong but there is only one wood quay in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I remember back when I was smoking it was impossible to pull out a pack of cigarettes in the city centre without being asked for one by questionable looking gentlemen.

Poor fckers, lower the price of cigs for Christ's sake. How are these creatures supposed to be able to stay sane out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Spleerbun wrote: »
    You weren't 'lookin' at his girlfriend op were you? She could have heart problems, be a bit more considerate yeah https://youtu.be/-CBVTSXcH90
    Was she the one with the purple tracksuit, hollow eyes and a Johnny Blue hanging ftom her lip? Wow, I'd say she's a right little goer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

I think at this stage the Liffey Boardwalk should be privatised because it is basically off limits at this point to ordinary citizens.

Sell it off, put restaurants on it and an entry fee; security guards all the way up and down. And leave one boardwalk for anyone who doesn't want to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭tintin67

There has been an open drugs supermarket outside the Dublin City Council offices on Wood Quay for the last year or so. It used to be on Merchant's Quay outside the drugs treatment/homeless centre but they were obviously moved on. Some days there are so many of them crowding the pavement by the bridge that pedestrians actually have to walk in the road to get past. I saw 2 scrotes searching the bushes today roaring at each other looking for their stash and there seems to be gangs of them screaming their heads off most days. I know this goes on in every big city but it just seems bizarre that it is allowed to continue right outside the windows of the city council, just across from the Four Courts and a couple of hundred metres from the Bridewell Garda Station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 DaverageJoe

I'm not even from Dublin and even I knew where he was talking about. Are you from Cork or limerick? Seems like any time a scene is made over this 'Dublin isn't the only city in Ireland' thing its always Cork or limerick people with a chip on their shoulder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The consequences of certain people having children to get them free house, benefits etc.

How do you know they weren't two science students from Trinity College taking a break from studies? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

tintin67 wrote: »
    There has been an open drugs supermarket outside the Dublin City Council offices on Wood Quay for the last year or so. It used to be on Merchant's Quay outside the drugs treatment/homeless centre but they were obviously moved on. Some days there are so many of them crowding the pavement by the bridge that pedestrians actually have to walk in the road to get past. I saw 2 scrotes searching the bushes today roaring at each other looking for their stash and there seems to be gangs of them screaming their heads off most days. I know this goes on in every big city but it just seems bizarre that it is allowed to continue right outside the windows of the city council, just across from the Four Courts and a couple of hundred metres from the Bridewell Garda Station.

They congregate outside the Lord Edward most mornings. Shouting across the street to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

They congregate outside the Lord Edward most mornings. Shouting across the street to others.

In an area with the largest footfall of tourists visiting Dublin. I have never seen the Garda doing stop and searches outside it. Its just let to continue for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Last time I had a walk around there in the morning, taxis with junkies hanging out the windows, just slow down, do their trade and continue on their way without stopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

From merchants arch as far as the bond you'll always be asked if your scoring, even if you don't look any way like an addict

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Thats ok if you have knockout power in your fists, the crew along aston quay and wood quay are dealers they arent all weak junkies.

They carry knives. Best advice would be to avoid conflict with them.

that is quite a weak minded statement there.
    you must be one of those millennial liberal Robocops , Peter Weller would be ashamed if he read that.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭freewheeler

Cutie 3.14 wrote: »
    Where was this, Waterford?

Yeah some scummers down there alright..

If you got out more i'm sure that you would see that 'scummers' are in fact quite ubiquitous these days, probably including wherever you're from :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

3 inbreds were upstairs on a bus earlier.....

You couldn't find 3 more absolutely simple people together with maybe 1 brain cell between them.

The girls were the worst going on about the husband's and kicking them out and Lisa a friend messed her around so she picked her up by her face and is kicking her there many times next time.

And these tools were given extra status and more protection then you and I .....

What the fcuk is wrong with Ends Kenny and his crony pals.

Ashamed of them really am.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Robocop Corcoran

paw patrol wrote: »
    that quite a weak minded statement there.
    you must be one of those millennial liberal Robocops , Peter Weller would be ashamed if he read that.

No i wouldnt be weak minded, as for being a liberal you must be joking haha, complete opposite end of that spectrum, ive been stabbed before, in a situation where i could of and should of walked away. I tend to advise people to avoid conflict if they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

I do have a bit of sympathy and empathy for those we call 'scumbags'. That's what I label them as well, but scumbag-ish behaviour is usually a symptom of something else I imagine. If you were to take a quick glance into their background you'd see dysfunction, instability and in many cases violence, and they just never had a chance at anything decent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The people asking which city did this happen in are the same people that tell you that this sort of behaviour is only found in Dublin anyway.

Advertisement