Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French author, 50, says he's incapable of loving a woman of 50

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

obby1 wrote: »
    denial is a terrible thing.
    open you eyes and mind, what i posted is true
    if it is false it should be easy to shoot down, but it is the truth so one one can.
    bitter single childless women in their 40's are everywhere, we all know this to be true, you probably know plenty, getting blotto on wine and then melancholy wash over them as they realise they chose the wrong path.
    Feminism has screwed these women big time
    There are way more men in their 40s that fit that description* tbh. Are you projecting here perchance?

*Granted it is a mindless stereotype regardless

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭obby1

Does it really count as a different opinion when you're re-registering to post pretty much exactly the same thing as before?

what are you rattling on about?

mzungu wrote: »
    There are way more men in their 40s that fit that description* tbh. Are you projecting here perchance?

*Granted it is a mindless stereotype regardless

never stated there was not
    this whole discussion is about 40 year old women are not as attractive as women in their 20's
    some posters are in denial of this fact

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

if it is false it should be easy to shoot down, but it is the truth so one one can.
    bitter single childless women in their 40's are everywhere, we all know this to be true, you probably know plenty, getting blotto on wine and then melancholy wash over them as they realise they chose the wrong path.

Harsh as it may sound, bitter people ranting such as yourself don't have any real impact on people's lives as there's no added value.

You must have had a few too many Chardonnays yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Wine and melancholy is so 2013 dahling, it's gin and rabid man-hating now. Get with the program dude!

Anyway, what's a smart young buck like you doing on an internet forum on a Friday night anyway? You should be out sowing your wild oats and showing the young ladies what they're missing.

Did the parents ground you again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

It would appear, well from reading some posts, that only women age. The streets of Eire is packed with Redfords and Clooneys for the stale bread to ogle.
    What about the very low hanging fruits, the inability (without the auld blue pills of course) to get and maintain an erection, the expanding waistline, and the hairline disappearing? Just some of the cruel gentleman's aging processes they can to look forward to.
    Yer man is entitled to have his preference and will probably succeed and more luck to him if he does.

Bolded above led me to Google re the sex life of men as they age. Dear oh dear, not good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

glasso wrote: »
    In fairness some guys have displayed bitterness in this discussion - one even said outright that that was the case with him.

To get past the inevitable name calling and sidetracking that inevitably happens when you speak about such topics.

Go on to any sensitive topic, political, social, or sporting, drop a few difficult truths.

See if you're not called x,y,z within a few posts. It absolutely will happen.

So better to just say yes I am a communist, racist, chelsea fan.
    Rather than spend 8 pages explaining who you actually are.

Our instincts are wired certain ways thanks to evolution. And so we behave certain ways.
    So society reflects all those instincts in all those people out there.

What does a cat do when you dangle a string?
    Essentially the same thing almost every cat does 99.9% of the time.

Because that results in food. Which means cats with that instinct survive.

Who do women end up with?
    Statistically men a good few years older, healthy, with solid predictable status, and with more income than the woman.

Because that results in well provided for babies, with a dependable male protector.

How much time does a young woman have in which to find such a man?
    Well, not so much really. 10, 12, 15 years.

So the sorting process has to be pretty categorical and cut throat.
    In the civil polite sense of course.

Just nature.

And when time runs out, and the tables get turned, egos get bruised in some cases.

Now while this author guy says he couldn't love a woman over 50 while at the age of 50 himself, I believe I will be able to. But hey, if thats how he's wired then its not much different to how women categorize young men, getting started in their lives.

our instincts are very utilitarian in this regard, its a case of 'what use is he/she to my procreation'

he's to weak to provide and protect.
    she's too infertile to reproduce my genes.

If this author guy is catching grief from women on here, then maybe they should think to how they themselves classified/classify men.

Research has been done on this, changing job titles and incomes of sample men alters their attractiveness score.

So theres your high and mighty. How spiritual, how understanding, and human and sensitive. cold hard cash.

Are you capable of loving a low wage earning, low status man.

Do you think a woman who says she couldn't do so is all manner of scumbag?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

the denial is palatable ,

What, like fresh crusty bread.?

I'm concerned you won't get your JC English at this rate. It's only a few months away now, you know. You really do need that thesaurus or you're fu**ed, boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

what are you rattling on about?

So you're not a poster who has re-registered a new account after posting on this thread under a different name with a similar writing style and almost the same message. Must be a coincidence then

So you're not a poster who has re-registered a new account after posting on this thread under a different name with a similar writing style and almost the same message. Must be a coincidence then

circling the wagons, literally , dont like alternative view points, try brand me as someone else and get banned , pathetic.

• Advertisement

circling the wagons, literally , dont like alternative view points, try brand me as someone else and get banned , pathetic.
    You see, if you'd got that dictionary and thesaurus like we recommended we wouldn't have rumbled you so fast "Obby1"

i can categorically state as of this post i have only 27 posts on this site, all in the last few hours.
    you and others dont like different options, no wonder you can't accept men prefer younger women, your world view is boxed of from feminism, you ilk are to be pitied

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Another thing I'm slightly confused about is that the women (in their fresh bread phase) who were nasty towards men would still be hankered after by those who felt they were treated badly at the time. Gluten for punishment springs to mind if you pardon the pun.

Or perhaps English isn't your first language?

Sardonicat wrote: »
    You see, if you'd got that dictionary and thesaurus like we recommended we wouldn't have rumbled you so fast "Obby1"
    sardonic and cat, perfectly sums up the lonely life of a single 40 something feminist

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Very poor language and communication skills can make posts difficult to interpret.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

the denial is palatable , it is seeping through the screen.
    a fare statement, a woman would prefer a 6" man over a 5" man, no one would deny this.
    so why is it so hard for the female posters to accept a man would prefer a younger woman?

Doubt many women would choose men with a height of 5 or 6 inches, to be fair. Now, 5'10" or 5'11", etc, that's a different story

Or maybe you're referring to penis size?

sardonic and cat, perfectly sums up the lonely life of a single 40 something feminist
    Except I'm not single. That would be you.
    Why are you so mean, child? I'm trying to help you improve your status so you can avoid us mouldy bread rolls and have your pick of freshly baked (and pass your Junior Cert English)

the denial is palatable , it is seeping through the screen.
    a fare statement, a woman would prefer a 6" man over a 5" man, no one would deny this.
    so why is it so hard for the female posters to accept a man would prefer a younger woman?

Doubt many women would choose men with a height of 5 or 6 inches, to be fair. Now, 5'10" or 5'11", etc, that's a different story

Or maybe you're referring to penis size?
    The shorter the jockey, the longer the whip (so they say).

anewme wrote: »
    Very poor language and communication skills can make posts difficult to interpret.

years of drinking wine to numb the pain of being sold a feminist lie, will catch up with you, will kill of brain cells left right and centre.

Now as a man i wonder , why aint washed up single, childless feminists passing on knowledge of where they went wrong to the younger generation of women, help them avoid the same mistakes?

• Advertisement

Except I'm not single.

aha a millitant lesbian man hater

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

And yet here you are, in the prime of manhood, banging away on a keyboard instead of a young wan of a Friday night.

Except I'm not single.

Nope. Sorry to disappoint.

And yet here you are, in the prime of manhood, banging away on a keyboard instead of a young wan of a Friday night.

im a married man

• Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Oh ffs.

anewme wrote: »

years of drinking wine to numb the pain of being sold a feminist lie, will catch up with you, will kill of brain cells left right and centre.
    It's time for you to lay off the Liebsfraumilch.

im a married man
    Ha Ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. ..

Another thing I'm slightly confused about is that the women (in their fresh bread phase) who were nasty towards men would still be hankered after by those who felt they were treated badly at the time? Gluten for punishment springs to mind if you pardon the pun.

a challenge
    a spite ride.
    a pump and dump

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

a challenge
    a spite ride.
    a pump and dump

Sounds delightful altogether :p

• Advertisement

Another thing I'm slightly confused about is that the women (in their fresh bread phase) who were nasty towards men would still be hankered after by those who felt they were treated badly at the time? Gluten for punishment springs to mind if you pardon the pun.

a challenge
    a spite ride.
    a pump and dump
    Would none of the above entertain you more than demonstrating your semi literate ranting skills on a Friday night?

Advertisement