Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French author, 50, says he's incapable of loving a woman of 50

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

anewme wrote: »
    For me it's more about being a decent human being rather than sticking labels on anyone.

The successful marriages I see are where people treat each other with respect and kindness and equality. In the end, friendship is integral.

A (male) ) friend of mine broke down in tears having lost both his Dad and his beloved dog of 18 years within a few months.

Nothing beta male about it to me, probably not in your books, it's fairly clear from both our posts that we are polar opposites in terms of standards and values.

That's just not true. Feminists may have tricked many men into becoming beta males and been all about sensitivity, but this is just not true masculinity and it never will be.

What women really want is a traditional alpha male who is head of the house and will put her in her place. Women have an inate evolutionary desire to be with men who are the boss and head of the house. She may say she wants sensitive and equality loving men. But she will secretely hate him for it, and will end up leaving for another man.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

obby1 wrote: »

if i was single in the morning[/quote
    Whaddaya mean "if"?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

image0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭anewme

DS86DS wrote: »
    That's just not true. Feminists may have tricked many men into becoming beta males and been all about sensitivity, but this is just not true masculinity and it never will be.

What women really want is a traditional alpha male who is head of the house and will put her in her place. Women have an inate evolutionary desire to be with men who are the boss and head of the house. She may say she wants sensitive and equality loving men. But she will secretely hate him for it, and will end up leaving for another man.

It's strange when a man thinks he knows more and is more qualified to speak about what women really want than an actual woman who has lived 50 years on this earth as a woman.

sk8erboii wrote: »
    image0.jpg

Wn084Sx.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

Wn084Sx.jpg

Looks more like your typical conservative lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Not the knight (because nobody dresses as a knight these days) but the other three guys, are how the lads with the strong dislike of women are typically portrayed.

Not the knight (because nobody dresses as a knight these days) but the other three guys, are how the lads with the strong dislike of women are typically portrayed.

Male feminists are nerds who start to hate women when they realise that been a feminist nice guy and kissing ass doesn't get them sex with women.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

For me it's more about being a decent human being rather than sticking labels on anyone.

The successful marriages I see are where people treat each other with respect and kindness and equality. In the end, friendship is integral.

A (male) ) friend of mine broke down in tears having lost both his Dad and his beloved dog of 18 years within a few months.

Nothing beta male about it to me, probably not in your books, it's fairly clear from both our posts that we are polar opposites in terms of standards and values.

Has to be a wind up....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

joe40 wrote: »
    Has to be a wind up....

He's providing mighty entertainment in fairness to him.

• Advertisement

Male feminists are nerds who start to hate women when they realise that been a feminist nice guy and kissing ass doesn't get them sex with women.
    Where's Obby1? Have you logged on with the wrong account , foo?

I don't know what top right is.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I don't know what top right is.

I'm worse, I don't what any of them are, no intetest in knowing either! Doubt if it's anything of any added value.

greencap wrote: »
    To get past the inevitable name calling and sidetracking that inevitably happens when you speak about such topics.

Go on to any sensitive topic, political, social, or sporting, drop a few difficult truths.

See if you're not called x,y,z within a few posts. It absolutely will happen.
    Like "harpies"?
    Our instincts are wired certain ways thanks to evolution. And so we behave certain ways.
    So society reflects all those instincts in all those people out there.

What does a cat do when you dangle a string?
    Essentially the same thing almost every cat does 99.9% of the time.

Because that results in food. Which means cats with that instinct survive.

Who do women end up with?
    Statistically men a good few years older, healthy, with solid predictable status, and with more income than the woman.

Because that results in well provided for babies, with a dependable male protector.

How much time does a young woman have in which to find such a man?
    Well, not so much really. 10, 12, 15 years.

So the sorting process has to be pretty categorical and cut throat.
    In the civil polite sense of course.

Just nature.

And when time runs out, and the tables get turned, egos get bruised in some cases.

Now while this author guy says he couldn't love a woman over 50 while at the age of 50 himself, I believe I will be able to. But hey, if thats how he's wired then its not much different to how women categorize young men, getting started in their lives.

our instincts are very utilitarian in this regard, its a case of 'what use is he/she to my procreation'

he's to weak to provide and protect.
    she's too infertile to reproduce my genes.

If this author guy is catching grief from women on here, then maybe they should think to how they themselves classified/classify men.

Research has been done on this, changing job titles and incomes of sample men alters their attractiveness score.

So theres your high and mighty. How spiritual, how understanding, and human and sensitive. cold hard cash.

Are you capable of loving a low wage earning, low status man.

Do you think a woman who says she couldn't do so is all manner of scumbag?
    Statistically women typically end up with men a good few years older? Surely when you think of all the couples that you know, most of them are the same age? That's not to say that there aren't couples like you describe, but most people end up with a person their own age.

Also, are there examples of women here saying that it's wrong for men to be attracted to younger women or denying that it's a reality? Because all I'm seeing are women taking issue with the insults being thrown out (and what's unreasonable about that?) which isn't the same thing. Some women have given more information about themselves but there is no evidence that they're all single, childless, middle-aged, feminist, single late in life because they chose it due to feminism, or unhappy with their lives or angry with younger women or with men, or regretting the life choices they made because of buying into feminism, or single/childless by choice.

Women here are saying though that middle-aged men are rarely attractive to women in their 20s/early 30s, which is correct - not denial. And they're saying women in their 30s are still well able to get a man - again, this is not a false statement. And these relationships don't all end with the man moving on to a much younger woman (which should be the logical outcome going by what some are saying).

But I don't think anyone is denying or saying it's wrong of men to be more attracted to much younger women.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Sonic Youth

Wn084Sx.jpg

There is something inherently creepy about male feminists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭0cp71eyxkb94qf

There is something inherently creepy about male feminists.

Indeed. Invariably these men have very little chance at procreation so they think by supporting fair maidens in their quests for "equality", they may enter into some form of relationship in which sexual activity may occur. Nothing could be further from the truth of course.

Yeah I happen to agree. Not men who criticise misogyny - that's just something most men do, but men who are full-on down with the radical stuff. I don't find that one bit sincere and I don't have time for people putting down their own sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I've never met a radical male feminist in real life to be honest, but I read about them all the time on the Internet so the streets must be full of them - it can't just be a case of people spending too much time on the internet? Surely there has to be a correlation with real life, right?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭obby1

It's strange when a man thinks he knows more and is more qualified to speak about what women really want than an actual woman who has lived 50 years on this earth as a woman.

is this whole discussion not feminist harpies declaring that men dont prefer younger pretty women?
    take a moment to think about what you just posted.
    the feminist denial is worse than i thought

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

is this whole discussion not feminist harpies declaring that men dont prefer younger pretty women?
    take a moment to think about what you just posted.
    the feminist denial is worse than i thought

No. It is women asking people like you to cut out abusing women by labelling them harpies and auld bags

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Arghus wrote: »
    I've never met a radical male feminist in real life to be honest, but I read about them all the time on the Internet so the streets must be full of them - it can't just be a case of people spending too much time on the internet? Surely there has to be a correlation with real life, right?
    Down the years I've met a few A. To varying degrees of "radical". And that's the thing A, I'd bet the farm that even the most radical of them wouldn't see themselves as such. Plus people tend to hang out with others who feel similarly to them, so "radical" in one group would be "obvious truth" to another. It's human nature to see one's own view as the "truth" and not radical. Put it this way; if people from the 1800's were brought in a time machine to now they'd likely consider the vast majority of men today who would believe the basic notion that men and women are equal partners in society to be "radical feminists".

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

well there is your problem , you hang around with bitter feminist harpies and their male beta hangers on.
    You see successful marriages, you will see one thing in common, the men are men and the women are women, the feminist harpies spend all their energy acting like they have testicles and the beta males are ashamed to have testicles,.
    The secret to success and happiness is let a woman be a woman , and let a man be a man.

My Mrs works in an industry where she gets mostly female clients, and she's fed up to the teeth about women bitching about their 2.4 kids and the husband that's either working all the time, and spends what free time he has in the pub, while they stay at home.

Turns out the oul traditional roles aren't all gravy either.

Arghus wrote: »
    Yeah it's mostly online and college campuses. But men who claim to be feminist and disgusted by men in order to get laid? Oh they do exist - I've been on the receiving end of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

I'm impressed with your cooking knowledge Lotus Flower. Perhaps you're not as bad as I thought.

I consider myself extremely fortunate to have been brought up to believe that women can be intelligent and make their own money (and therefore not be accused by your kind of being gold-diggers) and still be into style and make-up & a dab hand in the kitchen and all the other things that you seem to think are an either/ or situation. Growing up as a teenager in the 90s, the word "feminism" was never uttered by my parents but those different sides of my personality were never seen as anything but complementary and normal. The same goes for a lot of women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭0cp71eyxkb94qf

Remember when this thread was about a 50 year old man's personal preferences and not some glorified feminist self-congratulatory nonsense?

glorified feminist self-congratulatory nonsense?
    Where?

Is the stuff being said by "obby1" not pretty bad too? Wouldn't men defend themselves from those kinds of insults? Of course they would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

It’s been said here by some that some women posting on this thread have scoffed at the idea that 20-something women are more attractive than 50-something women. I don’t think anyone on-thread has said that women of 50 are as sexually desirable as women in their 20s. I’m 35 and I’m well aware that 22 year old me was better looking. I think it’s clear to pretty much everyone that middle-aged women generally will have seen their looks deteriorate. Hello, aging process.

But people are just arguing that looks are just one part of the equation and that not every guy, if their social stock increased substantially, would immediately dispatch with their close-in-age wife. We have real world examples that show this - somebody gave a few examples earlier in the thread. Some men value many things about their wives that have nothing to do with looks and a firm body is not necessarily enough to lure them away.

Just picked up the Sunday World and the centre is a feature on fifty something women.

Halle Berry
    Liz Hurley
    Jennifer Aniston
    Cindy Crawford
    Selma Hayes

And of course

Elle McPherson

Our Author who cbjects to women over fifty would not stand a snowballs chance in hell with any one of these ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Remember when this thread was about a 50 year old man's personal preferences and not some glorified feminist self-congratulatory nonsense?

Not so much a sense of self-congratulation, more a deep sense of gratitude that I didn't grow up with a skewed and damaged world view like some of the Boardsies posting here :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Anyone got tinder downloaded? Change your age range and well then you can kinda see were the author is coming from

Advertisement