Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Masters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Can’t have some of judds shot choices here, should have put that last one back if wasn’t going to take on the red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

Tough situation here with the black over the corner pocket.

Trump leading 3-1 at the midsession interval.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Christ 5-1 Trump. Playing great stuff. Selby looks all over the shop.

Going to be 2-5 but for bad slice of luck could have been all over. Worst I’ve seen Selby play since god knows when.

• Advertisement

Very poor from Selby today. He looks miserable.

It’s not there today and overall hasn’t been great season for him. Hard to know what he’s going to do rest of season, kind of player that makes you look silly when you dare to write him off!

Trump still leaving door open though, nearly did the same against wilson the other day. Ruthless touch still seems to be missing.

He surely has to be vulnerable to losing his World #1 spot soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Inviere

Trump still leaving door open though, nearly did the same against wilson the other day. Ruthless touch still seems to be missing.

If he had that killer instinct, he’d rival the very best. Bags of talent, but not quite ruthless enough on the baize still. Though he’s definitely improved from what I’ve seen this week. Bracelet impressed me too, and while still very raw, has real potential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

wheres the cue ball going?!?!?!?!?!?

john virgo when the cue ball is feet away from going in

Inviere wrote: »
    If he had that killer instinct, he’d rival the very best. Bags of talent, but not quite ruthless enough on the baize still. Though he’s definitely improved from what I’ve seen this week. Bracelet impressed me too, and while still very raw, has real potential.

Bracelet :-) I know who you mean, got time on his side but a lot to learn about matchplay snooker I think.

Judd just isn’t clinical enough. Making heavy weather out of both matches here this week, ronnie would be half way home to essex by now, that’s big difference between them I think.

Trump goes through 6-2. Luck wasn't on Selby's side in that last frame.

Lovely blue to finish. Just crept in.

Robertson and Hawkins getting underway here now with the winner to play Trump tomorrow.

Four frames in a row for Robertson to lead 4-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭tanko

Shocking stuff from Hawkins.
    Calling his son Harrison wasn't great either.

Tomorrow's semifinals...

1pm: Ronnie O'Sullivan vs Ding Junhui

7pm: Judd Trump vs Neil Robertson

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Very poor from Selby today. He looks miserable.

I didn't think he looked miserable. I actually thought he didn't look particularly interested. He was cursing Trumps luck on a few shots and that was the extent of his visible emotion. It's almost like he's somewhat burnt out from years of hard graft which is how he plays.

Selby has always been an unusual top player for me. He often wins because of his B game rather than his A game, which isn't as good or as free flowing as say Ronnies or indeed Hendrys or Davis's when they were at their best, and despite his success I figure he's knows that deep down.

Selby's style if I could characterize it is is he looks like he was taught to play in a mechanical fashion as if he's no natural ability at all, and that is why I don't particularly enjoy watching him play despite his success and even great breaks.

His moving of his head on the shot is one of the more strange cueing anomalies that has ever been seen of any top player since ever really. I'm surprised he never worked on sorting this out.

To keep himself at the top I think he has to put in even more effort than the more naturally gifted players which will take it's toll over time as I said and I wonder if all this has contributed to him playing woefully today.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,959 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I only was the first 4 frames of trump Selby last night but trump was playing great.

His safety and tactical play was much better than I expected from him. He more than matched Selby who is one of the very best at that side of the game.

There was a 35 minute safety exchange in the first frame and the standard was excellent and trump won.

He was aggressive and played quickly so he was a pleasure to watch. It wasn't a complete performance or anything but it was a really good one. Hope he kicks on from here and makes a serious run fir the WC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Inviere

Tomorrow's semifinals...

1pm: Ronnie O'Sullivan vs Ding Junhui

7pm: Judd Trump vs Neil Robertson

A very tasty lineup indeed

Hoping for a Ronnie vs Trump final.

Ding is 2-10 v Ronnie (excluding all league games). Hard to be confident for his chances for all he’s looking happier in himself these days.

Trump will win I think but I don’t think he’s been put under pressure this week yet, neither wilson nor selby turned up in their respective matches for whatever reason, so you’d hope robertson will at least put it up to him. Just think trump has edge on him at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Ronnie is looking unbeatable today. Steve Davis thinking he is playing on another level again and he should be in really good shape for Sheffield.

Could be tasty if Trump now meets him in the final, given Trump did get the better of Ronnie in Belfast before Christmas.

This is over already. Ronnie giving out to the ref for not being quick enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nonsense. Ronnie hasn't won a single frame in one visit. And I don't think he's made a big break. Ding as usual is rancid. Ronnie's had a handy draw, the other 2 opponents were cack as well. I hope Trump beats him in the final.

Ronnie has played some fine snooker here, even by his lofty standards, but he’s doing so under no pressure which puts it into perspective a bit. I don’t believe he has much respect for ding (as a player I mean). He can play very freely out there, his opponent isn’t much of a perceived threat to him.

sligeach wrote: »
    Nonsense. Ronnie hasn't won a single frame in one visit. And I don't think he's made a big break. Ding as usual is rancid. Ronnie's had a handy draw, the other 2 opponents were cack as well. I hope Trump beats him in the final.

Not a Ronnie fan then!

Some turn around.
    Maximum on here!!!!

• Advertisement

Bloody hell, what a black.
    This is mental.

Advertisement